Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Shade8780
Father Christmas

Default Best ball handling coaches/drills/DVDs

I'm a PG starting 8th grade and I know it sounds crazy, but I want to improve my ball handling to the NBA-level. I've been working hours on my game everyday, taking hundreds of jumpers but I wanna get elite handles. What training should I do?
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Best ball handling coaches/drills/DVDs

Superhandles, Micah Lancaster, Ryan Goodson, Ganon Baker

Do a youtube search on all of those names, you can probably get enough info from youtube that you won't have to buy anything
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Burgz V2
Good college starter

im a really good ballhandler but I never really spent a lot of time doing drills. Sure, I used to do a lot of drills in practice but not so much on my own time.

The thing that REALLY helped me was carrying a basketball with me at all times. This helps your hands get used to the size of the basketball so that you internalize the feel of the basketball.

Try it I guarantee you'll feel much more comfortable dribbling.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #4
mr beast
BEAST

do them full court with speed and power

dont spend more than 15 mins on stationary drills and only do them as warm ups, they are pretty useless if u spend hours just standing there doing figure 8s

if you are serious, you should recap what happens in game and determine what your weaknesses are and work on them and also work on things that happens in real game such as how to beat a trap, how to beat pressure defense,

get low, work on a go to move then a counter move and a string of comobos, be creative and have fun
mr beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:24 AM   #5
Psycho
Banned

Handle your own balls, you'll learn what feels good and what doesn't, then voila u a pro dawg.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr beast
do them full court with speed and power

dont spend more than 15 mins on stationary drills and only do them as warm ups, they are pretty useless if u spend hours just standing there doing figure 8s

if you are serious, you should recap what happens in game and determine what your weaknesses are and work on them and also work on things that happens in real game such as how to beat a trap, how to beat pressure defense,

get low, work on a go to move then a counter move and a string of comobos, be creative and have fun
Good advice. I think the very last portion is important - have fun. Hard work is very important but always remember why you're playing the game in the first place. Master your priorities (ex: left handed dribble against pressure) but also be sure to free your mind and allow yourself to go your own way. Practice a Shammgod, create a sick combo, anything to keep it all fresh.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Shade8780
Father Christmas

I was excited when I saw Rake posted in the thread lol. Thanks guys anyway. Jamal Crawford said he never did a dribbling drill in his whole life and that he got his handles just from walking around with the ball and kind of practicing game-like situations.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: