Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Roxio Game Capture

So I used to be up on everything video game related, but in the past few years I've completely fallen off on what's what.

My nephew's bday is coming up and he keeps asking for a Roxio Game Capture (apparently from what I've read online you use it to record your gaming to upload on Youtube and shit?)...

He's 12 so I mean he doesn't need anything super high tech, but a lot of the reviews I see for the things on Amazon are pretty bad. Anyone here have experience with these things/recording their games? Again he doesn't need anything too fancy he just wants to be able to upload his gameplay onto Youtube, because I guess that's what kids do now. The basic one is like $65 which isn't bad, I just don't wanna waste money on something that won't work.

http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-248400-G...o+game+capture

Thanks in advance, will rep as much as I can for help.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Roxio Game Capture

One of my friends does youtube videos for games. In a nutshell: Basically the only huge difference is between 720p or 1080p. Some of them have multiple HDMI inputs or outputs. But after the difference in quality it's just what other ports one has/doesn't have. Since he's 12 he doesn't really need a PVR, and the basic roxio works pretty well.(that one I've used personally) Sometimes though the software bugs out and you might need to reinstall it.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah like I said he just watches a lot of those youtube videos where guys upload footage of themselves playing games and he wants to be able to do that too. So would the basic one work good for that? (btw it's not even an HD tv he plays on so I mean it wouldn't need to be HD anyway)
Old 08-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

In all likelihood, he asked for Roxio by name because it's what his friends are using. That eliminates a large chunk of the negative reception right off the bat. If software is difficult to learn, people won't like it. If he's already familiar with it, and his friends are using it, this won't be a problem.

Definitely get him what he asked for instead of trying to decide what he needs. This is similar to if you ask for an ipad and you opened up some chinese knockoff tablet on your birthday. It would even work to get him a gift card, and he could buy it for himself.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh then yeah, that would probably work really well. For 85% of people that would work really nicely, especially since he doesn't play on an HDTV. Just make sure the software is compatible with his computer specs wise. Otherwise the audio/video could get wonky. I don't know if he's an OCD 12 year old but if so...that could really piss him off.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Well considering his previous attempts at doing this were him sitting his laptop/webcam in front of the TV and recording. He actually deleted his attempted Youtube channel because he was so frustrated with how they looked
Old 08-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Well considering his previous attempts at doing this were him sitting his laptop/webcam in front of the TV and recording. He actually deleted his attempted Youtube channel because he was so frustrated with how they looked

Nothing he should be ashamed of. I've watched plenty of PPV's from that webcam pointed at the tv perspective.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: