Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers Positional Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Expect a championship this year. I guarantee it. If we don't win it all this year, I give you all permission to boot me from this site. Book it.

That's it!!!! I'm calling Dr.Crisoner to cancel your Marijuana prescription, it is seriously affecting your brain!!!!!
He'll now prescribe a mega dose of reality for you.
We don't want you booted bro
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #17
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Well I do live in hawaii and we do have the strongest marijuana on the planet here. But that's neither here nor there.

I am extremely confident in the balance and depth of this team. And Myself and several analysts are predicting that the lakers are going to surprise people this year. I know we are going to win it all this year and Kobe will solidify his place as the G.O.A.T.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, the Hawaii part does explain 90% of your claims :)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #19
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The team isn't put together that bad, and will probably fight for the #6 seed and be a one and done. But that isn't a good thing.

Why put yourself in limbo for a one and done playoff appearance as opposed to putting out shite on the court and hoping for a high pick.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
The team isn't put together that bad, and will probably fight for the #6 seed and be a one and done. But that isn't a good thing.

Why put yourself in limbo for a one and done playoff appearance as opposed to putting out shite on the court and hoping for a high pick.

I'm with you on that one.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

This is why all of these new additions are signed to 1 year deals. After this season, we can pursue top line free agents (about 2), and shoot, if anyone this year played well, then we can keep them as role players to build around the future core of the team.

So far it looks as though our best bet might be Kevin Love as he's the only one of the superstars not completely happy with his own team. George, Lebron, Wall are all most likely staying. I hope we can reel in someone like Melo. Him and Kobe are friends. I can see them getting along while Kobe teaches Anthony how to be a leader.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #22
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Dr. Crisoner.......did you write a prescription for that dose of reality

Free Reality Checks all morning long!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #23
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

lakers would never do it or atleast get this out in public...

I would prefer to have a team that they have put together rather then just going 76'ers on the fans....

its not about this season....you have season pass holders....and marketing to take care off...

even kobe/nash know they aren't winning sh!t but that doesnt mean you stop trying...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #24
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
lakers would never do it or atleast get this out in public...

I would prefer to have a team that they have put together rather then just going 76'ers on the fans....

its not about this season....you have season pass holders....and marketing to take care off...

even kobe/nash know they aren't winning sh!t but that doesnt mean you stop trying...

With the way the franchise history is, one season of tanking will far from deter those season pass holders from coming back the next season. We all know the lower level at Laker games will always be sold out, as will the upper level, and everything will be forgotten in a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
This is why all of these new additions are signed to 1 year deals. After this season, we can pursue top line free agents (about 2), and shoot, if anyone this year played well, then we can keep them as role players to build around the future core of the team.

So far it looks as though our best bet might be Kevin Love as he's the only one of the superstars not completely happy with his own team. George, Lebron, Wall are all most likely staying. I hope we can reel in someone like Melo. Him and Kobe are friends. I can see them getting along while Kobe teaches Anthony how to be a leader.

I fully get that, but is it worth getting Perry Ellis just to make the playoffs, or would you be better off tossing it away, letting Kobe fully rehabilitate and adding someone like Marcus Smart, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker or Julius Randle?

Say you lose the lotto, but end up with #3. That is good enough for Smart. Use the cap space on Love. Trade Nash's expiring for something. Keep Pau for a low amount. Roll out a trio of Smart-Kobe-Love with Pau at the five and cap space for a 3.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #25
DKLaker

Quote:
With the way the franchise history is, one season of tanking will far from deter those season pass holders from coming back the next season. We all know the lower level at Laker games will always be sold out, as will the upper level, and everything will be forgotten in a second.

I fully get that, but is it worth getting Perry Ellis just to make the playoffs, or would you be better off tossing it away, letting Kobe fully rehabilitate and adding someone like Marcus Smart, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker or Julius Randle?

Say you lose the lotto, but end up with #3. That is good enough for Smart. Use the cap space on Love. Trade Nash's expiring for something. Keep Pau for a low amount. Roll out a trio of Smart-Kobe-Love with Pau at the five and cap space for a 3.

And.......last time we missed the playoffs we ended up with Andrew Bynum......not saying we shouldn't play hard, just that I prefer a lottery shot over a 1st round sweep exit.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #26
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Lakers91 has decent reputation

Quote:
And.......last time we missed the playoffs we ended up with Andrew Bynum......not saying we shouldn't play hard, just that I prefer a lottery shot over a 1st round sweep exit.

Do you think there is a secret hope that we don't do well from the front office? I mean they probably don't want to be seen to be all out tanking, or they want to be seen as putting an exciting product on the court, however maybe they are just hoping with the lack of defence and how bad they were at times last year with Dwight Howard after losing him they might be thinking they might just be bad anyway, or they are trialling to see if a few one year deals work out. I would prefer a potential high pick but maybe the front office think it's a win/win, looking at free agency or to rebuild through that system it's probably going to be a little harder to get players if you are coming off an appearance in the lottery imo, so maybe they are thinking try and show they can still put a decent team on the court despite losing the best center in the NBA or if they go badly hopefully they get a pick, the front office is probably looking at it as a win win (just hopefully we don't only barely miss the playoff's or aren't that bad that we don't get a decent pick, would prefer to get a good pick then barely miss imo)
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #27
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation

The Lakers are in a weird position. They can try to do what they have for one season and got what they could. They did a decent job.

They got younger in johnson, young, Farmar, Elias and The ( Kelly?) rook from Duke.. I can only see Johnson exerting energy on D. Farmar may develop better d but he has always been more offensive minded. We will be quicker on the wings, but it won't mean squat if Dantoni insists on them using that energy on getting to the other side as quick as possible to chuck.
Still I do not see us improving defensively under Pringles. Gasol and Kamman are not defensive minded. Losing Dwights D is gonna make it harder.

Blake and Nash will be as they always have. A Veteran presence. take that as you will. We all know what Nash can bring and I believe he will return to form after a crappy season. Blake I see carrying over some of that confidence he was spitting towards the final games before he got reinjured.Farmar I think has developed a lot and will be an xfactor as he is supposed to play the 2 spot at times. So I expect alot more passing and driving into the lanes.
Hill may be the only tough minded Banger we have. Yet he may not even be used to his potential as Dantoni sucks in using him. I very well see them trying to trade hill for someone that can get a pick or someone who chucks at that 4 spot. Still Gasol and hill with Kamman can all hit that 15 to 8 foot jumper that can cause problems.

Meeks I see getting worse. Simply due to his confidence being gummed up wit the arrival of Young. They say we are going to run meeks at the 2 and Johnson at the 3. Yet I can easily see meeks being benched and Young taking that spot.

They have nothing to lose and if they can play free and not give a damn.. could get the 7 or 6 playoff spot. They all know they are in the moment for one season. So why not try to upset someone? Will they? As a Lakers fan I really hope so and am excited to see what they can do.
Reality? I do not think with the current version we are going to win a title. Yet there are stranger things that happen.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #28
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Yes, the stupid and incompetent Jim Buss picked Andrew Bynum.
Warriors selected Ike Diogu at 9th. Atlanta chose Marvin Williams at 2nd. New York plucked Frye as their 8th pick.
Tough decision indeed bec again, in the mid 90's, they were able to assemble a tough and hardworking bunch coached by Del Harris. I think Shaq was impressed by that team too.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #29
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by akts
The Lakers are in a weird position. They can try to do what they have for one season and got what they could. They did a decent job.

They got younger in johnson, young, Farmar, Elias and The ( Kelly?) rook from Duke.. I can only see Johnson exerting energy on D. Farmar may develop better d but he has always been more offensive minded. We will be quicker on the wings, but it won't mean squat if Dantoni insists on them using that energy on getting to the other side as quick as possible to chuck.
Still I do not see us improving defensively under Pringles. Gasol and Kamman are not defensive minded. Losing Dwights D is gonna make it harder.

Blake and Nash will be as they always have. A Veteran presence. take that as you will. We all know what Nash can bring and I believe he will return to form after a crappy season. Blake I see carrying over some of that confidence he was spitting towards the final games before he got reinjured.Farmar I think has developed a lot and will be an xfactor as he is supposed to play the 2 spot at times. So I expect alot more passing and driving into the lanes.
Hill may be the only tough minded Banger we have. Yet he may not even be used to his potential as Dantoni sucks in using him. I very well see them trying to trade hill for someone that can get a pick or someone who chucks at that 4 spot. Still Gasol and hill with Kamman can all hit that 15 to 8 foot jumper that can cause problems.

Meeks I see getting worse. Simply due to his confidence being gummed up wit the arrival of Young. They say we are going to run meeks at the 2 and Johnson at the 3. Yet I can easily see meeks being benched and Young taking that spot.

They have nothing to lose and if they can play free and not give a damn.. could get the 7 or 6 playoff spot. They all know they are in the moment for one season. So why not try to upset someone? Will they? As a Lakers fan I really hope so and am excited to see what they can do.
Reality? I do not think with the current version we are going to win a title. Yet there are stranger things that happen.
Good post dude.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #30
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Yes, the stupid and incompetent Jim Buss picked Andrew Bynum.
Warriors selected Ike Diogu at 9th. Atlanta chose Marvin Williams at 2nd. New York plucked Frye as their 8th pick.
Tough decision indeed bec again, in the mid 90's, they were able to assemble a tough and hardworking bunch coached by Del Harris. I think Shaq was impressed by that team too.

If you closed your eyes and threw at a dart board you would eventually hit something good......no Bynum was not a Bullseye

I still stand by my pick in that draft Danny Granger who has had a better career.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: