Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-28-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far
Default #7 pick and Dickou for Telfair

Boston gets: Sebastian Telfair
Portland gets: #7 pick and Dan Dickou's contract

This would be great because if Telfair went to Louiville for two years we can assume he would have been the best value at #7. The Celts also get to unload Dickou's contract on the Blazers. It all depends if a player like Randy Foye or LaMarcus Aldridge is left at #7. I believe they have different scenarios worked out for this trade.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #2
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Meh, it's allright. I think I would rather see Marcus Williams over Telfair...
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
Birdhunter
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Birdhunter has an OK reputation so far
Default That is a terrible trade

Telfair is not worthy of a 7th pick. Ainge is not that foolish! Look for AI for half of the team and the 7th pick. They will have to include a future 1st as well. Although, that would be a high teens or twenty pick as they will be in the playoffs with Pierce and AI and change.
Birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

AI for half our team isn't a good thing either.

Quote:
they will be in the playoffs with Pierce and AI and change.
They made the playoffs 4 years running before this past year.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:10 PM   #5
mln03
I airball my layups

mln03 has an OK reputation so far

i don't like the telfair trade at all. so what, you brought in a "pg". the kid is still very raw, can't play defense and shoots 39% from the field. And D. West avg more apg than telfair did (granted he did play about 10 min more per game). I will say if he does come to the C's and they are patient with him he could grow into a decent player. But if they think he'll come right in and be an impact pg...i don't think so.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:33 PM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I'd rather they draft Foye or Williams than trade for Telfair.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #7
PoisonousDart

PoisonousDart has an OK reputation so far
Default Oh well....

The trade JUST went through...details forthcoming. This could come back and bite the you know what later. One.
PoisonousDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #8
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

it was a ok deal this morning, but foxsports now has thomas falling to the 7th pick.
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #9
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

God damn, it went through...
Old 06-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #10
Birdhunter

Default Terrible trade

I cannot believe Ainge pulled the trigger on this! I used to think he evaluated talent quite well. This shoots that theory out of the water. It is a BAD deal for Boston! Portland is going to be trading quite a bit tonight! No way they use all of their picks. 4, 7, 30, 31. They are already too young.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:47 PM   #11
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The full deal?
Quote:
Hours before the draft the Celtics agreed to trade their No. 7 pick, Raef Lafrentz and Dan Dickau to Portland for Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and an '07 second-rounder.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #12
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

what a stupid trade by boston wow
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:27 PM   #13
Birdhunter

That makes a little more sense.... as Ratliff will bring some great shot blocking to Boston and could be heading back as past of a bigger deal to Phily for AI.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:29 PM   #14
Birdhunter

Boston gets to save 12 million off of Raef's contract as well.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #15
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunter
That makes a little more sense.... as Ratliff will bring some great shot blocking to Boston and could be heading back as past of a bigger deal to Phily for AI.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: