Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-28-2006, 07:53 PM   #16
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

If the final deal is Pick 7, Dickau, and Raef for Telfair, Ratliff, and their '07 second rounder I think it's great.

For years now Pierce has been the only player on the roster who can effectively drive to the basket with ease, Telfair finally makes it two players we have that can do that. He has the ability to drive and kick it back out to shooters like D-West, Wally and Pierce depending on who's on the floor with him or dish it down low to Al and Perk. Plus, he's still developing as a player; Telfair just turned 21 a couple of weeks ago, and he's a kid that Portland took straight out of high school that hasn't provided great production yet so they trade him away a little too early, remind you of anyone else?

Ratliff gives us one year less on his contract than Raef had, and a defensive presence down low while not taking away a ton of minutes from the young guys. But most importantly, he's the perfect player for Perk to learn from and share time with. He's not that tall or athletic, but he's got a long reach, big hands, and blocks shots utilizing good timing. Sounds EXACTLY like Perk.

Plus, dealing out Dickau's contract (even though it's not a large amount of money his injury makes it a bad deal at the moment) and the future second round pick are nice throw-ins.

I know people aren't going to be happy about dealing away #7, especially on draft night, but this is a solid deal all around IMO.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:34 PM   #17
PoisonousDart
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PoisonousDart has an OK reputation so far
Default The Checklist

Celtics Dead Weight:
Raef LaFrentz-Gone
Dan Dickau-Gone
Brian Scalabrine-Still Here
Orien Greene-Still Here

If they dump Scalabrine too, I'll be REALLY happy. One.
PoisonousDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:05 PM   #18
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Snoopy has an OK reputation so far

getting rid of lafrentz ON ITS OWN is more important than any player we could have drafted, bar maybe gay roy or thomas, his contract was killing us and with telfair as well who will be a better nba point guard then marcus williams, the trade is good.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:02 PM   #19
TexasCelt
I Hit Open Layups

TexasCelt has an OK reputation so far

I still don't know what to think about this pick. Was Ainge scared of not having a good pick at the 7 spot? I mean speculation all week was pointing to either gay or foye dropping to us at the 7 spot.

I love getting rid of Raef and Dickau but it also means we have to add theo.

What it boils down to is do we really like telfair that much more than foye? Is that why we are trading for Rhondo (while taking on the salary of Brian Grant?)

This draft has to many question marks for me. Feels like the Wally trade, throwing Sh*t against the walls to see if it sticks.
TexasCelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:55 PM   #20
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

It's trading chips for AI I'm guessing.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: