Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #16
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I have heard about the connection to Delaware..He worked in a dupont plant when he lived in the states (thats what I remember).. I think there is a Bob Marley day event they hold hold every year, right?

much respect.. to him and his fam..
yeah he also worked at the chrysler plant. and the festival is called the annual peoples festival i went a few years back it was pretty cool bunch of reggae bands and caribbean food and people smoking everywhere.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #17
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Wake up & Live

We're more than the sand at the seashore, we're more than than number..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #18
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BYuS-OfAQ8

i loved his early work
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #19
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i know this has nothing to do with bob but look at this rasta i saw in st. lucia back in march, now that takes dreadication.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 AM   #20
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz

Ska.. His early work was great .. good music to sing to your woman..
Old 08-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #21
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
another thing that kind of reminded me of bob... just saw it yesterday. artist is koren shadmi.

looks like ziggy and the rest of his kids... they make great music too

All Day & All Night

Chase Dem

Jamrock
Old 08-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #22
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Who the Cap Fit

Some will hate you, pretend they love you.. then behind they try to eliminate you..
Old 08-09-2013, 02:45 AM   #23
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
looks like ziggy and the rest of his kids... they make great music too

All Day & All Night

Chase Dem

Jamrock
okay, putting on my headphones for these!

you know, it just hit me... i wonder if a big reason i always liked the police is because of the way summers played rhythm guitar, bob-style. sort of like a steel drum with a softer sound and lower range.

EDIT: nice tunes, thanks.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #24
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

I remember watching a documentary on Bob and they said it rained in Jamaica for a long time after he died.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #25
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i listen to some bob every day

his sons make some good music too... he would be proud
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #26
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Thumbs up Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread

i appreciate too
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #27
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

I've been listening to Bob everyday for 20+ years. His influence on my life has been invaluable. He has not only made me a better person, but has also made me a more aware person. The man is a pure musical genius (both musically and lyrically). He is the only person I would call my hero and idol.

Much love and respect to Bob Marley. Not the king of reggae, the king of music, period!

To anyone else who may be interested in this generation of reggae, you may also want to give these artists a try:

Peter Tosh
Bunny Wailer
Jimmy Cliff
Jacob Miller
Toots and the Maytals
Desmond Dekker
The Heptones
Gregory Issacs
Beres Hammond
Lee Perry
Max Romeo
The Melodonians

Can't think of more right now, but there is also a huge list of one hit wonders who also made some great tunes. Bless
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #28
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

another thing that has nothing to do with bob but i found really weird when i was in st. lucia the 2 main types of music they listen to is reggae(obviously) and get ready for this..... american country music
Old 08-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #29
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
...To anyone else who may be interested in this generation of reggae, you may also want to give these artists a try:

Peter Tosh
Bunny Wailer
Jimmy Cliff
Jacob Miller
Toots and the Maytals
Desmond Dekker
The Heptones
Gregory Issacs
Beres Hammond
Lee Perry
Max Romeo
The Melodonians...
tosh, cliff, toots... aren't they almost the same generation as marley? they must be pretty ancient now.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #30
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
tosh, cliff, toots... aren't they almost the same generation as marley? they must be pretty ancient now.
Yes, they are the same generation. Peter is dead, Jimmy and Toots have to be close to their 70s.

A few more I forgot to mention steel pulse, burning spear, and Barrington Levy.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: