Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #16
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Seattle Seahawks Superbowl Championship Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
But they have manning and the Seahawks don't.
Last year the Broncos had Manning and the Ravens didn't. You act like Manning has won 5 straight championships or something. This is Football not Basketball; one player does not decide who wins or loses.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:40 AM   #17
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
SP champs are too hard to predict, even though I've successfully done it the last 4 years before the season started...

This year I picked the Broncos to win it all before the season started....

It's about knowing who will get hot at the end of the season, which takes a little bit of raw talent and intuitiveness which are characteristics that I have when it comes to making predictions.
Who do you have winning the NFC?

If Seattle gets the number 1 seed in the NFC there is absolutely no way we aren't going to the Super Bowl.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #18
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Ohhhhh. So this thread is about who's faced the best teams, my bad.
This thread is about who is going to win the Superbowl. I believe it will be the Seattle Seahawks.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #19
christian1923
Good college starter

christian1923 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Last year the Broncos had Manning and the Ravens didn't. You act like Manning has won 5 straight championships or something. This is Football not Basketball; one player does not decide who wins or loses.
The rest of his team is also stacked

And I'm just pointing out the huge advantage they have over you guys. ELITE QB play in the playoffs, something needed to win a Super Bowl in this day and age. I don't know if Russell is ready for that yet
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #20
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

Seahawks are playing at another level right now, this is a very special team, have people not been watching? I thought it would be obvious to everyone who the best team is after they crushed the 49ers in primetime.

People are talking about how much an elite QB helps win the super bowl, how about the oldest and truest rule of them all: DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Seahawks have the best defense and will win the Super Bowl
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #21
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the Broncos are better. They've won what, like 15 straight regular season games by 7 or more. Second longest streak since like the 40's I seen somewhere. There not just winning games, there crushing teams. Without Moore making a ridiculous defensive play that let that TD happen, who knows what happens.

Pretty sure 16 TD's thrown in the first 4 games is the most for any QB. Offensively Denver has too many weapons. Defense is fast and athletic and have been without a guy who was the consensus second best defensive player in the league last year. Not to mention Champ. Once they come back are already solid looking defense is going to look even better.

Seattle has faced tougher comp but they haven't played as good. I have Newton on my fantasy team so watched his game against them and that was an ugly game that coulda went either way. Just because Denver is playing inferior competition but running them out of the stadium doesn't make them worse.

Denver's offense
Seattle's defense
Denver's defense
Seattle's offense
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

If Broncos defense holds up, they're as good as anyone.

I don't believe they will hold up....and I believe when the cold weather rolls around (the superbowl is going to be cold as well) the high octane offense will slow down considerably.

Seahawks are built to win any type of game. That's why I think they're a deserved favorite over anyone, especially when Harvin & Irvin comes back.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #23
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I think the Broncos are better. They've won what, like 15 straight regular season games by 7 or more. Second longest streak since like the 40's I seen somewhere. There not just winning games, there crushing teams. Without Moore making a ridiculous defensive play that let that TD happen, who knows what happens.

Pretty sure 16 TD's thrown in the first 4 games is the most for any QB. Offensively Denver has too many weapons. Defense is fast and athletic and have been without a guy who was the consensus second best defensive player in the league last year. Not to mention Champ. Once they come back are already solid looking defense is going to look even better.

Seattle has faced tougher comp but they haven't played as good. I have Newton on my fantasy team so watched his game against them and that was an ugly game that coulda went either way. Just because Denver is playing inferior competition but running them out of the stadium doesn't make them worse.

Denver's offense
Seattle's defense
Denver's defense
Seattle's offense

I honestly think the Seahawks defense is better than the Broncos offense. We have 3 (not 2) cornerbacks that are very good, matching up with Welker, Thomas, and Decker. 2 great safeties and a strong pass rush we should be able to stop Manning. Our run defense is also strong, I don't see Manning dominating our defense or even having a 'good' game.

I also think the Seahawks offense is better than you give them credit for. They are starting off slow but this is the same offense that averaged over 30 points per game over the 2nd half of the season. Once Percy Harvin returns (or even before) we are going to be very dangerous on offense

Seahawks 27
Broncos 17
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #24
LoPro4u2c
Great young streetballer

LoPro4u2c has not been impressing people

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ds-since-2011/

Six Seahawks have tested positive for PEDs since 2011

Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2013, 12:38 AM EDT

AP
Plenty of players test positive for performance enhancing drugs. But the Seahawks definitely are in the midst of a troubling trend.

As pointed out by Eric D. Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune, defensive end Bruce Irvin has become the sixth Seahawks player to test positive for performance enhancing drugs since 2011.

The others are cornerback Brandon Browner, safety Winston Guy, offensive lineman John Moffitt, offensive lineman Allen Barbre, and cornerback Richard Sherman.

Shermanís suspension was overturned on appeal, based on irregularities with the sample-collection process. Officially, then, he tested positive but the league determined that he did not violate the PED policy.

Irvinís suspension also proves that, no matter how good a team looks on paper in May, plenty of things can happen to derail what appears to be a certain Super Bowl run.

That explains why the PEDhawks are so good on defense.

Hey, didn't Pete "The Cheat" Carroll get hired as coach in 2011? Hmm...HMMMM....

One wonders what would happen if the NFL tested for HGH.

Lol @ you peeps rooting for the Seattle Cheathawks.
LoPro4u2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

How often do the favorites dominate the whole year and win the whole thing? Not often. The NFL is unpredictable that way and that's why I love it. I wouldn't mind if Seattle won the SB though.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #26
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoPro4u2c
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ds-since-2011/

Six Seahawks have tested positive for PEDs since 2011

Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2013, 12:38 AM EDT

AP
Plenty of players test positive for performance enhancing drugs. But the Seahawks definitely are in the midst of a troubling trend.

As pointed out by Eric D. Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune, defensive end Bruce Irvin has become the sixth Seahawks player to test positive for performance enhancing drugs since 2011.

The others are cornerback Brandon Browner, safety Winston Guy, offensive lineman John Moffitt, offensive lineman Allen Barbre, and cornerback Richard Sherman.

Shermanís suspension was overturned on appeal, based on irregularities with the sample-collection process. Officially, then, he tested positive but the league determined that he did not violate the PED policy.

Irvinís suspension also proves that, no matter how good a team looks on paper in May, plenty of things can happen to derail what appears to be a certain Super Bowl run.

That explains why the PEDhawks are so good on defense.

Hey, didn't Pete "The Cheat" Carroll get hired as coach in 2011? Hmm...HMMMM....

One wonders what would happen if the NFL tested for HGH.

Lol @ you peeps rooting for the Seattle Cheathawks.

lmao you are legit mad.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #27
zoom17
NBA lottery pick

zoom17 is a pretty well-respected posterzoom17 is a pretty well-respected posterzoom17 is a pretty well-respected poster

Where was that Tough Defense against Luck and the Colts
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #28
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

bump in the road.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #29
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
bump in the road.
haha pun based on the fact that they are a much better home team?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #30
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
They won't win shit. Wait till they get into a shootout and Russel Wilson can't rely on pick 6's to win the game.

And you can bump this if I'm wrong. Hell I will never post again if I'm wrong.

ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: