Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #76
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Default Re: ISH Legends and Myths

I got it!!!!!! That guy from the OTC that made thread titles with posters usernames and inside was like a 10 minutes video of the guy riding his bike around and saying the username and holding up papers with it written on it. Like really creepy videos.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #77
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
That one thread about the dude asking a bunch of questions through PM and then getting exposed.

Poor Heilige
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #78
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

Google search video message for al Thornton and you'll find it. I'm on my phone so I can't post link. Tonyjones made the threads. Edit: videos are gone. It will forever be an ish legend.

Last edited by LBJMVP : 08-10-2013 at 05:30 AM.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #79
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

The handsome man exposure stands alone as far as I'm concerned. That story spread outside of ISH. I saw it recapped on several other popular Internet forums in the months following.

This one is interesting, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suguru101
These are ISH myths/stories I've heard from reading posts while lurking and after becoming a member. If you got some, put them here. There are 11 so far added.

1- The Ninja Operation:

A group of posters got together and organized a "Ninja" attack on a Kobe stan's rep. The guy had 4+ green bars, and after they all negged him at the same time, he ended up with around 3 red bars.

They organized everything in the Off the Court Lounge. Can anybody confirm this?

EDIT: It's been confirmed! Poster Jameerthefear brought forth the link. Here it is, enjoy! http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=243039

EDIT #2: We got a survivor! Poster Legends66NBA7 was one of the victims of the attack. You can read his account of what happened on page 4 of this thread.

I don't remember this, but this was not the first "ninja attack" using the WNBA forum. Does anyone else remember the first? It was decided that a large group would gang up on one reasonable poster for sh!ts and giggles over absolutely nothing. I believe wang4three was the target.

I don't remember all of the details, but I think there was a thread about Bob Knight and wang said something totally reasonable regarding a situation that was going on at the time.

He was bombarded with negative posts for something like 10 pages and he finally responded that he was leaving ISH and not coming back. That's when someone revealed that it was just a joke and he was still pretty salty about it. Everyone felt pretty bad, as I recall, but it was interesting to see how a large group of unreasonable people being assholes could have a completely reasonable person second guessing himself.

Then, someone in the attack group started a "Ban Wang4Three" thread calling for his ousting based on his completely reasonable comment and a bunch of people who weren't in our group and had no idea it was a joke started inexplicably calling for his head too.

I'll see if I can dig up the WNBA thread, if it hasn't been deleted.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-10-2013 at 07:18 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #80
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
Google search video message for al Thornton and you'll find it. I'm on my phone so I can't post link. Tonyjones made the threads. Edit: videos are gone. It will forever be an ish legend.
The video's been deleted. What was so creepy about it?
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #81
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

March 31, 2009:

Here's the original ISH ninja attack thread via the WNBA forum. To give you an idea about the popularity of the WNBA forum, it's on the 4th page. I guess that means the forum gets around a page per year... Which is more than I expected, to be perfectly honest.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=126544

The action heats about around Page 6. Unfortunately, the actual attack thread has been deleted, so you can't follow along with the actual execution, though some of the posts were quoted in the attack plan thread posted above.

Poor wang.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-10-2013 at 07:15 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #82
Suguru101
Mad Men, Hannibal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
The handsome man exposure stands alone as far as I'm concerned. That story spread outside of ISH. I saw it recapped on several other popular Internet forums in the months following.

This one is interesting, though...

I don't remember this, but this was not the first "ninja attack" using the WNBA forum. Does anyone else remember the first? It was decided that a large group would gang up on one reasonable poster for sh!ts and giggles over absolutely nothing. I believe wang4three was the target.

I don't remember all of the details, but I think there was a thread about Bob Knight and wang said something totally reasonable regarding a situation that was going on at the time.

He was bombarded with negative posts for something like 10 pages and he finally responded that he was leaving ISH and not coming back. That's when someone revealed that it was just a joke and he was still pretty salty about it. Everyone felt pretty bad, as I recall, but it was interesting to see how a large group of unreasonable people being assholes could have a completely reasonable person second guessing himself.

I'll see if I can dig up the WNBA thread, if it hasn't been deleted.

Awesome! If you find it let me know right away. That sounds pretty cool and it was the first such operation in ISH.
Suguru101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #83
Shade8780
Father Christmas

There's the myth that Mr. I'm So Rad killed himself. I remember he sent this creepy tweet and it was his last one. The account is deleted now though I think.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=303501

Last edited by Shade8780 : 08-10-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #84
Shade8780
Father Christmas

Does anyone know what the tweet said?
Old 08-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #85
Jameerthefear
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Does anyone know what the tweet said?
"Giving up"
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #86
Shade8780
Father Christmas

Old 08-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #87
Jameerthefear
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Someone told me a bit ago that he just uses an alt account now.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #88
Shade8780
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Someone told me a bit ago that he just uses an alt account now.
It seems like everyone has an alt account on here from what I've heard from other posters Why would he stop using his main account for an alt anyway? It's not like he was a troll or anything.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #89
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Clippersfan86 actually thought that he was a ghost hunter POSTED A SHITLOAD OF THREADS ABOUT IT. PATHETIC.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #90
Le Shaqtus
8-3! #Chargeon

You can't forget the attack of Kobron23 or Pauks lion essay melt down.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: