Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default One more roster spot available for Knicks

And then there was one.

With the signing of Beno Udrih this week, the Knicks' roster has reached 14 players, with just one more spot to fill.

So who could that player be? While the Knicks remain interested in their summer league point guard Toure Murry -- he received a training camp invite while in Las Vegas -- they now have three point guards (and even J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert can orchestrate sets at times).

What the team needs is another rebounder and rim protector behind Tyson Chandler, who turns 31 in October.

-- ESPN NY
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board
Default Re: One more roster spot available for Knicks

Another rebounder, how about henry simms, or lou amundson.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We have 4 power forwards (not including Melo) and only one of them is a willing rebounder. I think we absolutely have to get someone 6'10" or better with some heart.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I nominate myself. I can offer witty locker room banter and a handsome, strong nose.

Also I really think I can out-rebound Amar'e.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We'd better get a big body in here fast. Has anyone seen how muscular Roy Hibbert got this summer?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Thumbs up Re: One more roster spot available for Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I nominate myself. I can offer witty locker room banter and a handsome, strong nose.

Also I really think I can out-rebound Amar'e.
If you're 6'10" over 250lbs I'd buy ya!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
If you're 6'10" over 250lbs I'd buy ya!
How about 6-7 without shoes?

But seriously, we need another big in the worst way.

The only bigs we have that even think of defense is Tyson and K-Mart, and one isnt a center.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
How about 6-7 without shoes?

But seriously, we need another big in the worst way.

The only bigs we have that even think of defense is Tyson and K-Mart, and one isnt a center.

I've seen a picture of you and I'm pretty confident that you would rebound better than what we saw take place in the playoffs.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Fab Melo anyone? i dont know much about the guy, but im hearing he is a knucklehead and very lazy, maybe he getting cut will wake his ass up, any thoughts?
Old 08-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #10
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
Fab Melo anyone? i dont know much about the guy, but im hearing he is a knucklehead and very lazy, maybe he getting cut will wake his ass up, any thoughts?
He's getting cut because he is pretty awful.....sorry, dont want.

I'd take the rebounding god though, none other than Earl Baron.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #11
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
He's getting cut because he is pretty awful.....sorry, dont want.

I'd take the rebounding god though, none other than Earl Baron.
why would this guy want to come back here? This guy never sees the court. Even when this team was desperate for size he couldn't smell the court.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
why would this guy want to come back here? This guy never sees the court. Even when this team was desperate for size he couldn't smell the court.
I guess because no one else will sign him.

Honestly I have no clue why he hasnt gotten a deal more consistently, he seem to play well wherevers he gone to.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Fab Melo is trash. I told people he'd be trash coming out of Syracuse. I could see Melo calling up the newspapers and saying "don't even THINK about trying to make some witty headline putting us in the same sentence"
Old 09-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #14
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah Fab Melo is a lost cause .
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #15
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

yeah didnt he get a concussion walking thru a door way?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: