Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #616
iamgine

iamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this board
Default Re: 2nd movie and television character draft thread

In all seriousness Yoda should take this very very easily.
Very.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #617
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
From what I remember from this wasn't this an extremely close match that Yoda very nearly lost?

Dooku scrambled and tried to topple a some sort of silo on top of Ani and Ben. Yoda was owning him. with teh force-off. Sabre duel was somewhat close but Dooku knew he was going to lose. That's why he vamoosed

Much to learn, you have

Swallowed up all his force lightning like it was a water gun. Yoda could have zapped him back like he did Sidious.

Then after the sabre duel Yoda like a master who knew he would own the student, congratulated the padwan for improving. If dooku felt he could win why didn't he stick around to finish it?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #618
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Yoda doesn't get Jedder without prep.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #619
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Dooku scrambled and tried to topple a some sort of silo on top of Ani and Ben. Yoda was owning him. with teh force-off. Sabre duel was somewhat close but Dooku knew he was going to lose. That's why he vamoosed

Much to learn, you have

Swallowed up all his force lightning like it was a water gun. Yoda could have zapped him back like he did Sidious.

Then after the sabre duel Yoda like a master who knew he would own the student, congratulated the padwan for improving. If dooku felt he could win why didn't he stick around to finish it?
The memory I have of this fight is 10 years old

You've given a very good argument and since the initial ruling was really close I'll reexamine my decision and make a final ruling for that matchup in the morning.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #620
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Yoda gonna freeze without the Jedder.

Might catch Jedder fever?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:48 AM   #621
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
The memory I have of this fight is 10 years old

You've given a very good argument and since the initial ruling was really close I'll reexamine my decision and make a final ruling for that matchup in the morning.
After that PayPal $$$ payment I feel confident.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #622
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
After that PayPal $$$ payment I feel confident.

I thought about it and watched parts of the movies with Darth Maul and GG. It was still pretty close in my mind, but I will admit I was wrong initially. Winner should have been Yoda.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #623
ZeN

You need to watch Clone Wars. That's where my characters are from not the movies.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #624
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
You need to watch Clone Wars. That's where my characters are from not the movies.

Even in that series Yoda is the supreme force user, probably even more-so. Ventress is close to Maul level and look how easily Yoda submits her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZaNNY_arU

Yoda tunes them in that universe as well. His use of the force is just too strong
Old 08-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #625
ZeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Even in that series Yoda is the supreme force user, probably even more-so. Ventress is close to Maul level and look how easily Yoda submits her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZaNNY_arU

Yoda tunes them in that universe as well. His use of the force is just too strong
just for future ref. you cant both argue the movie version and the show version you gotta choose one.

With that said, I am not disputing your claims in this post.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #626
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Round three. Let's see 'em Donks.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #627
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i was leaning the way silent ended up on the sw match... much as i'd prefer to give yoda the win, i don't think he has what it takes against the trump

i gotta disagree on the trumped potter duo, i don't think even prepped the t-800 has what it takes there. these are two full fledged wizards. they're also presumably somewhat familiar with firearms. even if he takes out one from the outset with a bullet to the head, which is possible but no guarantee, the other would react, know what they're facing, and use a whole slew of tricks in their bag to eventually bring down the terminator.

the others, well that ranger match im a little iffy on but im not planning on doing much research here apart from whats presented to me lol.... so trump it is

if somebody else (anybody else) wants to weigh in on potter/terminator match, we'll go with whoever posts their thoughts first
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #628
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
i was leaning the way silent ended up on the sw match... much as i'd prefer to give yoda the win, i don't think he has what it takes against the trump

i gotta disagree on the trumped potter duo, i don't think even prepped the t-800 has what it takes there. these are two full fledged wizards. they're also presumably somewhat familiar with firearms. even if he takes out one from the outset with a bullet to the head, which is possible but no guarantee, the other would react, know what they're facing, and use a whole slew of tricks in their bag to eventually bring down the terminator.

the others, well that ranger match im a little iffy on but im not planning on doing much research here apart from whats presented to me lol.... so trump it is

if somebody else (anybody else) wants to weigh in on potter/terminator match, we'll go
with whoever posts their thoughts first

TSK changed his mind, do I get a tie breaker?
Old 08-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #629
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oh, didn't see that. yeah you get a tie break too.

it's definitely a tricky match. i'd stop calling darth maul a padawan tho lol
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #630
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
oh, didn't see that. yeah you get a tie break too.

it's definitely a tricky match. i'd stop calling darth maul a padawan tho lol

but he got taken out by a padawan
magic chiongson is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: