Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board
Default My phone dilemma

So in mid-July, my S3 fell out of my pocket and the screen just shattered. I was able to use it for a while as I waited on an Amazon order for a glass screen/digitizer. So it came in on Friday, and I took it to a guy I know who fixes the phones. He told me the LCD has a small crack in it so I would have to get a whole new LCD screen that would cost me around $200. I said screw it and am now trying to find out how I can get a cheap but still great phone. My uncle told me there is a Samsung Upgrade program where they give you credit for a new phone or something like that if you trade a broken one it? I still have 8 months to go on my upgrade for my T-Mobile contract. I was just going to ask what you guys suggest me doing and where I can get a cheap phone. Looking for another S3, iPhone 5, S4 or HTC One.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: My phone dilemma

get a phone directly from Google , switch to T-Mobile's prepaid 8 months from now.

or try to ebay for used phones if the option above is too expensive
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
get a phone directly from Google , switch to T-Mobile's prepaid 8 months from now.

or try to ebay for used phones if the option above is too expensive

Directly from Google? How do I do that?

And yeah I'm current on craigslist and ebay looking for phones.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

u can buy selected unlocked android phones here but its pricy. your best bet for a high end phone and the lowest cost will be craigslist. but i would strongly advise to do some collateral agreement as u can get burned by fakes or find major faults while its operating.

i was in the same boat 2 weeks ago as my galaxy s2 closed up shop. i went and ordered me the 2013 nexus 7 last friday and im currently using a old school pre paid phone. im gonna wait a couple more months for the htc one max, nexus 5 and galaxy note 3 as one of those three will undoubtedly be my next smartphone.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Directly from Google? How do I do that?

And yeah I'm current on craigslist and ebay looking for phones.

https://play.google.com/store/devices?hl=en

htc one/ s4/ nexus 4

the no-contract Nexus price is not that far off from the $200 iphone with contract

you get timely android updates and you aren't stuck with a contract , and it works great with T-Mobile so you can stay with your plan till its done and switch later

Nexus 4 is the best value as far as unlocked/brand new/ no contract phones
Old 08-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
Bless Mathews
Fucc Darrell Bevell!!!

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

There are so many broke and /or cheapskates on here ...

If your eligible for an upgrade use it.

If your not. Go on Craigslist and buy an s3. I'm sure they go for 100$ on there by now ..

Smh...
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
flipogb
Banned

^^ you are suggesting an older s3, how is that not the cheapskate option?

and no, they don't go for $100
Old 08-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
EnoughSaid
#COYG

Quote:

Cheapest S3 I've seen is like $300. Well my friend knows a guy who owns an AT&T store and apparently is giving out S4's for like $200. So I'm going to hop on that as soon as possible.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #9
Bless Mathews
Fucc Darrell Bevell!!!

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

Did a quick search and found 2 for 150.

I'm not suggesting an older. Only brought it up cus he didn't want to spend 200$and not extend contract. 200$ and extend contract you can get s4. So...get a used s3 or extend contract. Cheap skates.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
EnoughSaid
#COYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
So...get a used s3 or extend contract. Cheap skates.

I would definitely extend my contract if I wasn't looking to switch to a different carrier. I mean I want to wait to see if I even want to stay with them. But could you do a deal like that? Go in and extend my contract and get an upgrade right away?
Old 08-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #11
Bless Mathews
Fucc Darrell Bevell!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
I would definitely extend my contract if I wasn't looking to switch to a different carrier. I mean I want to wait to see if I even want to stay with them. But could you do a deal like that? Go in and extend my contract and get an upgrade right away?
If your eligible. T mobile is pretty good on upgrades. Did you use upgrade when getting your s3? When you last upgrade?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #12
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i have an s3 and an atrix sitting in my drawer i might be willing to get rid of. using an htc one right now and lovin it, although i might wanna try out the x-phone.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: