which players did you bomb out on and which players did you project correctly? come eat a plate of crow with me.
at least in recent memory, it was:
- cam newton. i thought this guy would be a bust. i questioned his ability to read defenses. i questioned his ability to throw accurately over the middle. i honestly just questioned his mental toughness and maturity. he's really made me look like a fool. even if you don't think he's elite (and i do now if given the talent), he exceeded my expectations by far.
- sam bradford. i knew he had deep ball issues and all, but i really thought he'd be a solid QB. he's disappointed thus far.
- kuechly. ya, i kinda thought he was overrated. i never said he was crappy but just didn't get the praise. now i can see it.
- dwayne jarrett - saw this guy catch a pass over the middle vs ND w/ one hand with great body control. two time all-american. i just didn't see him being a total non factor. the 40 time didn't help but i think the DUI certainly spelled the end
- aj green. loved his game in college. pegged him as one of the best 'hands' WR's i'd seen in a long time and loved the way he high pointed/timed balls. also ran crisp routes. if not for dalton, i think he'd be a consensus top 3 WR right now.
- adrian peterson. i remember when vikings took him at #7 and thought it was a steal. his injury concerns in college were so fluky and dude was a heisman candidate in his freshman season and finished so low because of freshman bias. he's one of the sole reasons i root for minny nad hopefully they get a good enough team around him in the next couple seasons cuz he deserves it.
i'm waiting for someone to say they knew jj watt was a beast incarnate since jr high