Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #301
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 College Football Discussion Thread

Manziel was #1 in the Heisman voters' straw poll. Only 3 games into the season but it looks like few people care about his offseason incidents (and to be fair, none of it sounded major).
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #302
Le Shaqtus
#UCF #ChargeOn

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Manziel was #1 in the Heisman voters' straw poll. Only 3 games into the season but it looks like few people care about his offseason incidents (and to be fair, none of it sounded major).

A lot of it was blown out of proportion just because of his fame, no one would have said anything if he wasn't a Heisman winner.

I don't see what there is to hate about him, the kid is only 20, of course he's gonna make dumb mistakes. What matters is how he lives up to his ability.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #303
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Wonder how soon Mora will put in the 2nd unit against the amazing Aggies of New Mexico State
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #304
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Johnny Jones has decent reputationJohnny Jones has decent reputation

Wow, NC State just got ****ed. He wasn't even close to being out. Crazy how refs can affect a game so much.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #305
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Wonder how soon Mora will put in the 2nd unit against the amazing Aggies of New Mexico State
Well, they are the same team Texas beat 56-7, so they're pretty f***ing terrible. Really, UCLA fans should be disappointed in anything less than a 49+ point win.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #306
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #307
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

Arian Foster admits in documentary he took money at Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arian Foster
I called my coach and I said, 'Coach, we don't have no food. We don't have no money. We're hungry. Either you give us some food, or I'm gonna go do something stupid.' He came down and he brought like 50 tacos for like four or five of us. Which is an NCAA violation. [laughs] But then, I walk up to the facility and I see my coach pull up in a brand new Lexus.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #308
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Props to him for speaking up.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #309
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Glad he came out with this. It just further shows how ridiculous and hypocritical the NCAA is.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #310
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Glad he came out with this. It just further shows how ridiculous and hypocritical the NCAA is.

I agree with the ridiculous and hypocritical part of the NCAA but Foster's reasoning (and football players, in general) is quite stupid at times.

He wants to talk about how he has no money for food, supplies, etc. Are you kidding me? Football players are treated like kings at the top universities - free quality food at both the cafeterias and at their facilities, the best (FREE) dorm choices, free clothes, etc., etc. I played D3 in college and lived entirely by the meal plan freshman and sophomore years - snacks included. You mean to tell me these kids can't just grab some extra food to go from their university food locations? Not like these are track or water polo players, they're football players, everyone recognizes them.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #311
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
I agree with the ridiculous and hypocritical part of the NCAA but Foster's reasoning (and football players, in general) is quite stupid at times.

He wants to talk about how he has no money for food, supplies, etc. Are you kidding me? Football players are treated like kings at the top universities - free quality food at both the cafeterias and at their facilities, the best (FREE) dorm choices, free clothes, etc., etc. I played D3 in college and lived entirely by the meal plan freshman and sophomore years - snacks included. You mean to tell me these kids can't just grab some extra food to go from their university food locations? Not like these are track or water polo players, they're football players, everyone recognizes them.

Yea, I was thinking the same exact thing. I refuse to believe that a football player playing for a major D1 program doesn't have some sort of Meal plan.. Not only that I'm sure the football program offers the players post practice/game meals along with other stuff like supplements, clothes, tutors, special privileges, etc. I'm pretty sure these D1 players are being fed like kings

So he's basically complaining that he doesn't have food in his dorm at 3am lol. Then he's trying to play the victim card

I do feel for guys like Manziel and Pryor. Why can't players sell their own autographs? What's the difference between that and him getting a job? Doesn't make sense but that's probably because the colleges don't want the athletes to get any of the $$ and they just want it all for themselves. I forgot Pryor's case but I remember it having to due with tattoos.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #312
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Right now on ABC (maybe showing Duke b/c it's my local area) Pitt @ Duke and it's no doubt a snooze-fest. It's at Duke, and the stands are virtually empty. The only time that stadium is even close to being full is when their sworn rivals are visiting (UNC).

Lack of seats filled, very low national interest in their football program, why even bother?

Hell, when if ever has Duke had a nationally ranked unit in the Top 25?
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #313
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #314
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Johnny Jones has decent reputationJohnny Jones has decent reputation

damn, North Texas tied with Georgia 21-21 in the 3rd quarter.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #315
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

The triple option is going to give me nightmares again. Damn it that stupid, pop warner, gimmick system. Utilize a real system *******s.

And the refs keep giving them an extra 1-2 yards on the spot. That last guy was clearly TWO yards short. I'm not even talking about a few inches here or there. TWO ****ING YARDS. And they get the first. What the ****, man? That or the ESPN yellow line is really off. By like 3 yards.

Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious : 09-21-2013 at 03:12 PM.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: