Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #541
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2013 College Football Discussion Thread

SEC, tho. Especially with so many SEC teams hovering around that top 25, I presume that helps in the computer rankings. One day I will learn/remember how those works.

Hope I'm wrong. I just try not to underestimate how badly the voters overrated the SEC, even in a year like this where clearly there isn't much of a gap between 'the world's greatest conference in the history of sports' and the other ones.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #542
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Would be an absolute travesty if a one loss Alabama got in over an undefeated FSU and Oregon.

On another note - is Winston the Heisman frontrunner now or do you think Mariota will still have the lead?
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #543
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Jameis Winston is freaking awesome. How is he so likeable? I know why... He is doing Bill Cosby imitations literally minutes before the biggest game of his life.

I think this is his coming out party, as coming out parties go for a RS frosh who is already in the Heisman race. He'll look like the best QB in the country tonight.

call of the night. wish i had posted in this thread earlier. i legit felt fsu was going to win by two TD's. i thought clemson's offense was overrated. losing hopkins was a big loss since he was their big 3rd down receiver (and historically one of the best stats wise in that regard). still, they're a super explosive team and i did not foresee that absolute beat down. i mean, did anyone? i thought fsu was going to score into the 40s but got damn. it would have been interesting if clemson didn't turn it over twice early. that's the nature of the game but i think they could have leaned a bit more on the run if not for those TO's. still, not the most dynamic run game and fsu made the most of their TO's.

as good as jameis and his receivers were, fsu's lines really controlled the game. mario edwards jr straight up abused clemson's RT. i was probably most surprised on how little pressure clemson could get on winston. unless they ran a corner or safety blitz, he was almost untouched. and yes, they were blitzing quite often but fsu's blitz pick up was amazing. and jameis does great vs. the blitz....almost 300 yards vs. it tonight. seriously, i wouldn't do it. play zone, bubble coverage and hope your front four gets to him. cuz if he sees an opening, he's going to rifle it and he has no problem throwing on the run or getting out of an occasional jam. if you blitz fsu, they're going to make you pay.

fsu's secondary is fierce and pruitt has really got them playing well against the spread. they made watkins, who is a top 3 WR in the nation at worst, look pedestrian.

moving onto jameis, if the draft happened today, i think i would take him only behind bridgewater as far as QBs. i truly feel he's that good. the INT he threw? fisher said there was a break in the headset so jameis didn't know the WR was going to run a double move. if you look at that play again, the WR was wide open and would have almost certainly scored a TD. we could be talking about a 58-14 game. absolute domination on primetime national television.

7.7 yards per play for fsu in that game. only 3.8 for clemson. that's good against any team. vs. clemson on the road as a RS freshman? it's seriously blowing my mind. meanwhile, backup QB coker sits on that bench and he is super talented as well. he looked like the best QB on the team back in fall practice before winston started to pull away in spring. i think there's a good chance coker will transfer and start somewhere else next year. and ya know what? i can't even hate. he's good enough to start on plenty of teams and has been a class act at fsu.

to the guy that lowered his pad level and tried to launch with his helmet towards jameis: F*CK YOU. not sure if someone told him to do that but it was a chicken $hit move.

and ya, having a one loss bama team go over an undefeated fsu team would be lame. ACC is much better this season even though i think miami is going to be thrashed with that secondary of their when the noles show up.

i'm still so stoked. i missed the whole first quarter because i was called into work. literally hit 80+ mph non freeway on the way home at times to get back home, haha. BCS championship is in pasadena this year and i almost feel like the stars might be aligning. that's within driving distance and you already know i'll take a couple days off from work. if fsu goes, i'm there.

EDIT: just watched the section i missed. both those fumbles were forced so there's no way folks can call that flukey. nole domination.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-20-2013 at 06:37 PM.
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #544
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

fsu ranked #2 in the BCS. they win out, they're title game bound. we coming for you, bama!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #545
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
fsu ranked #2 in the BCS. they win out, they're title game bound. we coming for you, bama!

Oregon still have three ranked opponents, plus the conference title game.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #546
JimmyMcAdocious

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

Yep, Oregon should surpass them easily by the end of the year. Doesn't help FSU that a win over Florida by the time they play them might not mean anything. That would pretty much leave Miami and the ACC game.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #547
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

true but if miami keeps winning they could be top 5 and a throttling will only help. and who knows...maybe UF is ranked again by the end of the season. stranger things have happened. i suppose the biggest test for oregon will be stanford and bama's biggest test will be lsu.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #548
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So, um this was Washington State QB Connor Halliday's stats from Saturday's game against Oregon:

58/89, 557 yards, 4 TD's, 4 INT's

He threw the ball 89 times in one game. Sheesh.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #549
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
So, um this was Washington State QB Connor Halliday's stats from Saturday's game against Oregon:

58/89, 557 yards, 4 TD's, 4 INT's

He threw the ball 89 times in one game. Sheesh.

Ran the ball 7 times (5 with Halliday scrambles).

Leach has been a solid coach, but that is ridiculously unbalanced.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #550
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Golden already has a top recruiting class; now imagine what he can do without the looming threat of the NCAA.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #551
JimmyMcAdocious

http://www.today.com/news/meet-man-b...eme-8C11462856

Damn ridiculously good looking people.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #552
Jameerthefear
C/O 2016

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alabama beating up Tennessee so far.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #553
JimmyMcAdocious

FSU up 35-0 over NCSU in the first quarter. Winston is 11/14, 229 yards, and has 3 touchdowns.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #554
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Damn, Vic Beasley is a beastly pass rusher.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #555
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Beasley immediately jumps out the first time you watch him - he's that explosive off the snap.

I like his pass rushing ability more than Mingo & Bruce Irvin when those guys were in college. I think that's who most will use as a recent comparison.

I don't know how well Beasley will hold up to defending the run, but he's electric off the ball. That's a tangible thing that will translate to the NFL. You either wake up in the morning with that or you don't.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: