Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-08-2014, 05:59 AM   #1111
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Default Re: 2013 College Football Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Gonna go ahead and call next year a rebuilding year but I know come August I'll be drinking the maroon kool aid again and saying we'll win the SEC.

won't even finish top 25. mizzou, georgia or south carolina will take the west. bama, auburn or lsu will take the east.

aggies will likely lose evans too so it's not just manziel.

fsu's wilder jr going pro.

auburn's mason and robinson going pro, arguably two of their best players. for that reason alone, i think you have to put bama back in the driver's seat for the SEC.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #1112
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
won't even finish top 25. mizzou, georgia or south carolina will take the west. bama, auburn or lsu will take the east.

aggies will likely lose evans too so it's not just manziel.

fsu's wilder jr going pro.

auburn's mason and robinson going pro, arguably two of their best players. for that reason alone, i think you have to put bama back in the driver's seat for the SEC.

Our recruiting has been the tits with Sumlin so I predict we'll be Top 25 for sure. Just gotta get that defense sorted out. We'll be bringing in the #1 QB recruit in the nation next year along with two Top 10 recruits. Pro Style QB from Arizona. Top 5 recruiting class.

Evans has already declared. Good for him and Manziel. Make dat money.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #1113
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Our recruiting has been the tits with Sumlin so I predict we'll be Top 25 for sure. Just gotta get that defense sorted out. We'll be bringing in the #1 QB recruit in the nation next year along with two Top 10 recruits. Pro Style QB from Arizona. Top 5 recruiting class.

Evans has already declared. Good for him and Manziel. Make dat money.

not gonna fix that atrocious defense in a year. allen's a top prospect and there's no telling he'll start. you'll need to shore up that o-line even more while he puts on muscle. a 4.9 40?

you lost manziel and evans, two major cogs on your offense. sorry, you won't lose a heisman candidate QB and top WR and keep on chugging. still stand by you guys not being a top 25 team. i'd bet on it. worry more about even being the best team in texas cuz tcu and texas are about to make a move. you'll be on the outside looking in at least for this year. this year's recruiting class will pay dividends the year after next but other teams are loaded to go now or ready to take the next step.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 01-08-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #1114
irondarts

Louisville has reportedly hired Bobby Petrino as their new Head Coach.

Good hire? He had a great run there from 2003-2006.

His wikipedia page has been updated:

Quote:
Return to Louisville

Petrino emerged as leading candidate to return to the Cardinals after Charlie Strong's departure for Texas on January 4th 2014. Prior to formally accepting the Louisville head coaching position, though, Coach Petrino requested an open tryout for internship positions in the Louisville football office. It is also rumored that he requested a motorcycle parking spot of his own right outside of Papa John's Stadium.

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:48 AM   #1115
irondarts

Alabama Offensive Coordinator Doug Nussmeier has been hired as the new Offensive Coordinator at Michigan.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #1116
irondarts

Louisville has officially hired Bobby Petrino as their new Head Coach.

Petrino will receive a 7 Year/24.5 Million Dollar Contract with a 10 Million Dollar buyout.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #1117
beer
UCLA alumnus

Lane Kiffin has been hired as Alabama's OC
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #1118
Balla_Status

Quote:
not gonna fix that atrocious defense in a year. allen's a top prospect and there's no telling he'll start. you'll need to shore up that o-line even more while he puts on muscle. a 4.9 40?

you lost manziel and evans, two major cogs on your offense. sorry, you won't lose a heisman candidate QB and top WR and keep on chugging. still stand by you guys not being a top 25 team. i'd bet on it. worry more about even being the best team in texas cuz tcu and texas are about to make a move. you'll be on the outside looking in at least for this year. this year's recruiting class will pay dividends the year after next but other teams are loaded to go now or ready to take the next step.

TCU and Texas are not going to make a move. TCU sucks and Texas doesn't even have a QB...
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:31 AM   #1119
irondarts

Penn State has hired Vanderbilt Head Coach James Franklin as their new Head Coach.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #1120
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

5 star recruit and #2 ranked WR in the nation, ermon lane, is transferring out of UF. fsu's dalvin cook is a friend of his and he wants to wear #1 in college. fsu's benjamin wore #1 this season but is also entering the draft. he also posted an instagram pic of him in a fsu track suit. read the tea leaves, folks. lane is fsu bound.

also, picked up calvin brewton and derwin james for 2015, arguably the best safety pair in the nation.

coming back nasty. reloading.

freeman, wilder jr, KB for fsu all going pro. best of luck, fellas. it was a blast watching freeman. i think he can have an ahmad bradshaw like affect. he blocks, catches, doesn't dance around much, etc. wilder jr runs so upright, i'd be worried about injuries but he's definitely physical. get that money, guys. i'll miss KB the most out of those offensive guys. i said it before, but he deserves every mention of 'most improved player' on this team. he showed so much progress. he still has some work to do but i would not be shocked at all if he ends up being the best WR of this draft class. we're not replacing him in one season. i'm realistic about that. 6'6", 235 lb physical freaks don't grow on trees.

it's gonna be the karlos williams show next season at RB...and dude is explosive. we have pender, green and cook sitting back there too. most explosive backfield in the country?

oh ya, kermit whitfield? the dude who returned that 100 yard kickoff for a TD? he's only trying to get into the olympics for the 100 yard dash. soo uhh, ya, he might be a bit...fast. he also ran back that kickoff with a gimpy hamstring. if he's 100% next season to start, there's just another weapon.

joyner, smith and jernigan also leaving. jernigan could end up being the best interior lineman of this draft. i think his speed is actually overrated but his pursuit and hands are relentless and probably underrated. joyner might be undersized but he can do well, too. smith is undersized but has great speed and tackling ability. gonna miss those guys so much. not gonna replace that leadership...the upcoming defensive guys are talented but young.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 01-12-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:42 AM   #1121
irondarts

Louisville has hired Georgia Defensive Coordinator Todd Grantham as their new Defensive Coordinator.

Louisville also hired UAB Head Coach Garrick McGee as their Offensive Coordinator.

Bobby Petrino putting together a very nice staff at Louisville.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:46 AM   #1122
Le Shaqtus
8-3! #Chargeon

Quote:
5 star recruit and #2 ranked WR in the nation, ermon lane, is transferring out of UF. fsu's dalvin cook is a friend of his and he wants to wear #1 in college. fsu's benjamin wore #1 this season but is also entering the draft. he also posted an instagram pic of him in a fsu track suit. read the tea leaves, folks. lane is fsu bound.

also, picked up calvin brewton and derwin james for 2015, arguably the best safety pair in the nation.

coming back nasty. reloading.

freeman, wilder jr, KB for fsu all going pro. best of luck, fellas. it was a blast watching freeman. i think he can have an ahmad bradshaw like affect. he blocks, catches, doesn't dance around much, etc. wilder jr runs so upright, i'd be worried about injuries but he's definitely physical. get that money, guys. i'll miss KB the most out of those offensive guys. i said it before, but he deserves every mention of 'most improved player' on this team. he showed so much progress. he still has some work to do but i would not be shocked at all if he ends up being the best WR of this draft class. we're not replacing him in one season. i'm realistic about that. 6'6", 235 lb physical freaks don't grow on trees.

it's gonna be the karlos williams show next season at RB...and dude is explosive. we have pender, green and cook sitting back there too. most explosive backfield in the country?

oh ya, kermit whitfield? the dude who returned that 100 yard kickoff for a TD? he's only trying to get into the olympics for the 100 yard dash. soo uhh, ya, he might be a bit...fast. he also ran back that kickoff with a gimpy hamstring. if he's 100% next season to start, there's just another weapon.

joyner, smith and jernigan also leaving. jernigan could end up being the best interior lineman of this draft. i think his speed is actually overrated but his pursuit and hands are relentless and probably underrated. joyner might be undersized but he can do well, too. smith is undersized but has great speed and tackling ability. gonna miss those guys so much. not gonna replace that leadership...the upcoming defensive guys are talented but young.

You know anything about Kenny Shaw declaring for the draft? I would assume he would since it's his senior year.
Le Shaqtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #1123
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
You know anything about Kenny Shaw declaring for the draft? I would assume he would since it's his senior year.

oh ya, forgot to mention him. he's going pro along with stork and jones as well. i can see shaw being a pretty big 3rd down guy out of the slot.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #1124
Le Shaqtus
8-3! #Chargeon

Quote:
oh ya, forgot to mention him. he's going pro along with stork and jones as well. i can see shaw being a pretty big 3rd down guy out of the slot.

Nice I hope he does well
Le Shaqtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #1125
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

already can't wait until next year...

I have a feeling the Sooners are going to wreck shit
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: