Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #1126
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2013 College Football Discussion Thread

fsu's DC, jeremy pruitt, reported to become georgia's new DC. well...damn
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:46 PM   #1127
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm

What does it look like for FSU after guys leave? Stud recruiting class? Who is replacing Pruitt now?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #1128
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What does it look like for FSU after guys leave? Stud recruiting class? Who is replacing Pruitt now?

it's always hard to repeat. we will not replace jernigan. i was a big fan of his and he i'm sure many of you saw how disruptive he was in that nat'l title game. if you can't remember who he was, #8 on the sidelines 'gassed' at the end. turns out he had a flu and took medicine that he thought affected him, but i digress. straight beast and fsu won't replace that interior in a season. edwards jr will clean up the edges a bit. he's the one who grabbed marshall and dragged him down in a crucial play to force a 3rd and 16 (wears #15). he very well could be fsu's best defensive player next year. we lose a lot of defensive leadership which is always an underrated aspect. no joyner, smith or jernigan. who will go knocking on doors telling guys to keep pushing forward and not mess around?

also just can't replace KB on offense. i agreed with much of your criticism on him and i'll even add that he needs to learn to high point balls even more. catch with his straight hands and not so much body. however, he's shown so much tremendous improvement. he came in with hype then disappointed. early on, he looked like a big uncoordinated goof. then he teased with questionable hands and physicality. now in the last season and a half, he's blocked with full power, really improved his hands (still has bad drops) and has become a big play WR with better route running. his potential is immense.

honestly, can't tell you. fisher did great picking assistants next season. should have a top 3-5 recruiting class. perhaps sunseri gets promoted.

EDIT: added more depth. i did quick response the first time since i was in a rush.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 01-16-2014 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #1129
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LSU is losing tons of players early to the NFL again, just like last year.

Already 7 LSU players have decided to leave early and enter the draft this year.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:17 AM   #1130
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:

gonna piggyback on this but strong rumors coming out of tally: 1) fsu would have matched georgia's offer easily and he got along well with fsu's staff. in fact, jimbo was so blindsided by this he learned about it through the media; 2) now that that's out of the way. pruitt is known in the area as being a bit of a partier especially when it comes to the ladies. he's been rumored to be involved with someone in the fsu athletic department. his 23 yo fiancee was not a fan of this and basically told him to leave, which explains why this came up so suddenly and without much warning; 3) pruitt didn't even hold a meeting with the defense to announce his departure. this is the one thing i'm going to criticize him on. you left on non-professional terms. that is chicken $hit. a couple of those guys were directly recruited by him. you owe them an explanation; 4) there's rumors fisher contacted pruitt after the fact. he lit his ass up, mainly just on the way he left.

so ya, there's your college football drama for the day

pruitt = mini petrino. well nah, pruitt isn't a complete scumbag. but seriously, bitches man. in one way, it's cool to see it wasn't about money or staff but it's still a lame way to see pruit go. i won't be sour grapes about it. i appreciate what he brought to fsu and can only hope fsu can fill his shoes, but i'm definitely not wishing him the best of luck in the future. it is what it is.

this job can be a DC's dream though. i think we have the best CB duo in the country. great young pass rushers, a budding safety. the personnel is there to excel.

i'd love to snag MSU's collins. think he does great with the talent he has and has a saban-like approach and mindset. he's a good recruiter as well from what i know but maybe some SEC guys can weigh in more on that. i wouldn't be mad if sunseri or kelly gets it though. within the system, but would have to find a new LB's coach.

more troubling imo is that there are rumblings fsu's offensive line coach may bounce and it's already got some recruits feeling shaky, which for a team that has had o-line depth issues up until a couple seasons ago...not good.

o-line is important with this team. we run a pro style offense. winston can run but we'd rather have runs limited, outside designed ones. we want defenses to play up and realize he can run, but we love it when he kills you with his arm and reading defenses. we want to dictate that pace.

gobb, i answered your last question a bit more. totally sparknoted and miffed that first one, haha.

ya'll need to get in here and break down your teams and outlooks as well. i know i'm in the minority, but there has to be others in here that think CFB > NFL, right? i've felt that way for years now. not to say NFL doesn't have great games....some of my fav this year were from there but nothing beats CFB in my eyes.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 01-16-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #1131
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Vanderbilt has hired Stanford Defensive Coordinator Derek Mason as their new Head Coach.

They apparently offered the job to Colts Offensive Coordinator Pep Hamilton but he turned them down and is staying with the Colts.

Last edited by irondarts : 01-17-2014 at 08:44 PM.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #1132
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
ya'll need to get in here and break down your teams and outlooks as well. i know i'm in the minority, but there has to be others in here that think CFB > NFL, right? i've felt that way for years now. not to say NFL doesn't have great games....some of my fav this year were from there but nothing beats CFB in my eyes.

Well, I feel NFL > CFB, but I'll give an outlook for my college team for next year:

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Offense
There's only going to be 1 returning QB who got any real playing time from last season, but he doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence - Tommy Armstrong Jr. He was a redshirt Fr., so he does have plenty of time to develop, though. There could be a QB battle between him and Johnny Stanton next season. The good news on the offensive side is that Ameer Abdullah decided on coming back for his senior year, and will be the focus of the offense. Also, returning at RB will be Imani Cross and Terrell Newby. The departure of top WR, Quincy Enunwa, will hurt, but all the other top receivers will be returning - Bell, Westerkamp, Burtch and Turner. The starting OL was mostly seniors (4 of them), so there's going to be a lot of turnover there. However, there were a number of injuries, so a bunch of lineman who will be returning got good playing time. IMO, the offensive outlook is pretty good as they have playmakers at receiver, Abdullah is awesome and there's nice depth behind him, but I hope there's not too much in the way of growing pains for the OL. The QB spot will be a mystery.

Top offensive player: Ameer Abdullah

Defense
The defense was really young, and showed a lot of improvement as the season went on and became respectable. There's going to be many returning players who made contributions, including the top 5 leading tacklers. Losing top DBs Ciante Evans and SJB, along with DE Jason Ankrah will hurt, but that's pretty much the only thing the defense will be losing (there's also Andrew Green and Thad Randle, but I don't think they will be hard to replace). A lot of freshmen and sophs got good playing time along with some juniors. There were more contributing freshmen than any other class. The LB corps was really young and should continue to improve. Moss and Gregory should continue to give them a really good pass rush against opposing QBs. I'm optimistic about the defense, but replacing 2 good CBs could be problematic.

Top defensive player: Randy Gregory

Special Teams
All of the kickoff/punt returners will be returning. Our punter was a redshirt freshman. Only problem is that the kicker was a senior. I think sophomore Mauro Bondi, who only kicked 1 FG and 7 XPs, will be the starting kicker next year. He handled pretty much all of the kickoff duties this year.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:00 AM   #1133
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Well, I feel NFL > CFB, but I'll give an outlook for my college team for next year:

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Offense
There's only going to be 1 returning QB who got any real playing time from last season, but he doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence - Tommy Armstrong Jr. He was a redshirt Fr., so he does have plenty of time to develop, though. There could be a QB battle between him and Johnny Stanton next season. The good news on the offensive side is that Ameer Abdullah decided on coming back for his senior year, and will be the focus of the offense. Also, returning at RB will be Imani Cross and Terrell Newby. The departure of top WR, Quincy Enunwa, will hurt, but all the other top receivers will be returning - Bell, Westerkamp, Burtch and Turner. The starting OL was mostly seniors (4 of them), so there's going to be a lot of turnover there. However, there were a number of injuries, so a bunch of lineman who will be returning got good playing time. IMO, the offensive outlook is pretty good as they have playmakers at receiver, Abdullah is awesome and there's nice depth behind him, but I hope there's not too much in the way of growing pains for the OL. The QB spot will be a mystery.

Top offensive player: Ameer Abdullah

Defense
The defense was really young, and showed a lot of improvement as the season went on and became respectable. There's going to be many returning players who made contributions, including the top 5 leading tacklers. Losing top DBs Ciante Evans and SJB, along with DE Jason Ankrah will hurt, but that's pretty much the only thing the defense will be losing (there's also Andrew Green and Thad Randle, but I don't think they will be hard to replace). A lot of freshmen and sophs got good playing time along with some juniors. There were more contributing freshmen than any other class. The LB corps was really young and should continue to improve. Moss and Gregory should continue to give them a really good pass rush against opposing QBs. I'm optimistic about the defense, but replacing 2 good CBs could be problematic.

Top defensive player: Randy Gregory

Special Teams
All of the kickoff/punt returners will be returning. Our punter was a redshirt freshman. Only problem is that the kicker was a senior. I think sophomore Mauro Bondi, who only kicked 1 FG and 7 XPs, will be the starting kicker next year. He handled pretty much all of the kickoff duties this year.

good post..this is the type of thing this thread needs more of. o-line issues are always interesting in CFB. always think leadership and experience beats out young talent when it comes to that stage of the game.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:04 AM   #1134
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

fsu's backup QB, coker, has been released from scholarship. that part doesn't surprise me. hell, go back a few months ago in this thread and i said he was too talented to be a backup and i expected him to leave. he has a cannon for an arm.

well, rumors are he's meeting with saban and is heavily leaning towards bama. ok, SEC, take one of our coaches first and now a player.

in other news, jayru campbell, a verbal commitment to michigan state, ended up body slamming a security guard at his HS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JKYkekqsso

he's been arrested. what a moron. MSU is going to pull that full scholarship now.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 01-24-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #1135
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Just stole Texas' commit Otaro Alaka.

4* LB

YESSIR
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:54 AM   #1136
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

it's official. fsu's backup QB, coker, is headed to bama. i fully expect him to start.

SEC going after that fsu talent hard cuz SEC > all.

honestly can't wait for this team to repeat again since they still don't get the credit they seem to deserve. no one is making a big deal that auburn stole fsu's plays for over a half and fsu then put a beatdown on a team that 'wanted to get fsu into the 4th quarter'. a battle tested SEC team that could not possibly lose from 21-3 up. then an fsu team that mainly shut down the run behind timmy d and scored 3 TDs in that pivotal 4th qtr showed up.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 01-28-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #1137
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good for those players at Northwestern. College athletics is a freaking joke. Schools, NCAA, coaches make millions and millions while keeping these "students" broke and making a mockery of higher education at the same time.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #1138
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So we are going to act like the SEC didnt just dominate today? Ok.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:30 AM   #1139
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

scout & espn moved fsu to #3 in its final recruiting rankings. can't really ask much more than that. everybody knew bama was gonna go #1. i can't even take away anything from that bama class. flipping that auburn kid was just a giant FU to everyone else. honestly might be the best recruiting class saban has pulled. so there you go...i give kudos when the time is right. fsu did have a #1 recruiting class in 2011.

fsu got three 5* recruits, all on offense. two at WR and one at RB. greene will probably still be our best bet WR and he'll move the youngsters along. rudolph is like green with a stronger body, better hands but less burst. college ready. greene looks like a troll when he runs away with his high steps. cook actually outplayed fournier in the UA game but hey, i'd still take fournier so i won't take that away from lsu. then just another 4* WR for the hell of it in harrison.

lane's ceiling is huge if he puts it all together. really reminds me of KB early on. huge potential and huge risk. i would say KB had more to do with physicality and lane has more to do with mental approach/cockiness. of course, $hit, we're analyzing 18-19 yo's but lane's potential is big. i loved the progress KB did and lane still has to do the same as far as laying blocks and high pointing balls. he's good friends with cook so hopefully they can guide each other along. if this offense clicks, it's gonna be scary. A grade for the WR's at this point. getting dupre would have been almost too much. oh we'll still have the greatest TE to ever attend fsu in o'leary. then we recruited an athletic freak TE and a blocking TE that is underrated physically and in catching downs. so ya, have fun with winston and this crowd.

we got nnadi on defense. a 4* DT who will join early 4* commit, DT demarcus christmas. christmas actually could have had a chance to improve his stock to 5* possibly but he didn't feel he had to prove anything. he skipped out on the 5 star challenge and UA game. he's just a different kid...he was committed to fsu early on and is just working on technique which is probably his main weakness other than slight concerns with his motor. he's a 280 lb guy that can run a 4.6 40.

also got a 4* recruit in featherston at DE. dude is def a project. he needs to add a ton of weight and might not even reach his potential till he hits the NFL, but he's crazy fast and has a 7'5" wingspan. he reminds me a bit of JPP. if he's coached right and adds the strength/weight, he'll be a game changer. also got rick leonard, 6'7, 270 lbs and counting since he's only 18. destroyed the bag drills. if you remember werner, he reminds me a lot of him on the athletic side. if these guys live up to their massive potential in the next couple seasons, we'll have our edge set real nice. let leonard get up to 280-285 and watch out for that explosiveness off the ball and being able to shed that first tackle. to me, these guys are clearly the x factor guys in this recruiting class. highest risk and highest reward. i can't even imagine how nasty this defense can be if both of these guys work out with the DT's we have bringing in. i'd be happy if one reaches their potential. if both? shut it the f*** down. still, that's ceiling. i would have loved to get a sure-fire DE here, but hey.

LB'ers grade? A again. you're not pounding the ball against to wins against this fsu team. they showed in this second half vs. auburn. remember, auburn smashed and gashed bama in their second half game. fsu more or less shut them down aside from a couple big plays and that's with jernigan on the side in critical moments. you'll need to be able to throw the ball vs. this team which means a QB who is comfortable in the pocket and at least a couple dynamic WRs.

fsu recruited seven o-lineman. they are monstrous. average size is 6'6", 312 lbs. one of them weighs 330 lbs. another has 11 1/2" hands. fsu is ready to play physical and for the first time in years, we're deep at o-line. ruble is just huge and might be underrated. fsu loves his flexibility for his size. johnson was a good find and has quick feet. mavety has great hands and finishes. eberle could turn into a mini stork within a couple seasons. i mean, we can mix and match a lot with this o-line. to me, this o-line class is second only to bama. and credit to bama, that's one of the best o-line classes i've ever seen. they're going to be able run the ball with amazing results. but for fsu, just another solid A grade for o-line recruiting. size, diversity, depth...all covered.

now obviously these guys aren't all going to see a lot of playing time, especially early on. i'd only really expect to see these freshman in garbage time. seasoned guys like jones, walker and goldman are going to show up more and get more reps.

lost KB, jernigan and joyner. now we just need to find three playmakers that will take their place and i'm not sure there will be even more than one that can have that sort of impact, at least for next season. i loved those guys. maybe pj williams or darby can take that next step. darby needs to get better at finishing tackles.

not really much drama/surprises in this draft class for fsu. weren't able to flip a 'wildcard'. don't see it as good as the '11 class but it might be the best one since then, so i'll take that.

i fully expect fsu to rely slightly more in the running game next season and let los run wild. i think he'll be recognized as one of the top backs in the nation. outside of bama and georgia, who can boast a better RB corp?

filled all the major needs. length was a major theme in this class. expect a lot more batted balls on both sides. would have been nice to steal dupre or mcdowell, carter, thomas, harris but i knew they were long shots. still, i think if we even got one of those guys, it probably would have vaulted us over lsu. whatever though, very happy with this class. depth at SS is still a concern, but hey...our depth pretty much everywhere else is scary good, especially in the trenches now.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 02-09-2014 at 02:38 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:40 AM   #1140
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Yessir
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: