Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Bobcats Roster as of today

# Name POS HGT WGT

15 Alan Anderson G-F 6-6 220
35 Lonny Baxter F 6-8 260
7 Primoz Brezec C 7-1 252
12 Kevin Burleson G 6-3 205
13 Matt Carroll G 6-6 212
2 Melvin Ely F-C 6-10 261
20 Raymond Felton G 6-1 198
33 Jumaine Jones F 6-8 218
22 Brevin Knight G 5-10 170
42 Sean May F 6-9 266
50 Emeka Okafor F-C 6-10 252
21 Bernard Robinson F 6-6 210
43 Jake Voskuhl C 6-11 255
3 Gerald Wallace F 6-7 215

The best depth chart IMO would be like this.

PG: Knight/Felton/Burleson
SG: Felton/Carrol/Anderson
SF: Wallace/Anderson/Jones/Robinson
PF: Okafor/May/Baxter/Ely
C: May/Brezec/Voskuhl/Baxter

I know I listed some people twice, it's just because they can play either position
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Charlotte needs shooting guards badly.
Jumaine Jones is still on their roster. A good reserve. The Lakers should've kept him.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

yeah IMO they should trade away Knight, Robinson, Ely and/or Voskuhl and try to get some good shooters
Old 06-23-2006, 11:21 PM   #4
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

wow their backcourt is tiny, 5'10 and 6'1, mahn thats small...

i thought primoz would start over may? but may is killer, so id luv to see im start...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:29 AM   #5
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

that lineup is deadly..
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:29 AM   #6
Tap_out_kid
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Tap_out_kid has an OK reputation so far
Default after the draft...

Team looks like this as far as players under contract:

PG:
Felton, Knight

Obviously, point gaurd is a strength. Now that the draft has passed and Knight is still a Bobcat, I say keep him. He is a very solid player. He is a high character guy and a leader. His minutes would diminish, but he could also play some off gaurd along with Felton during short stretches of 'small ball". it really is a nice change-up so long as its just a few minutes at a time. I could see Felton, Knight, Wallace, Morrison and Okafor causing some problems for teams. Knight wants to play for a contender if he's a back up. Well, I think this team could contend for the playoffs, with a couple of wise off-seasoon pick ups

Wings:
Morrison, Wallace, Anderson, Carroll

With the wings, I like the starters, but there is an obvious need for depth. Personally, I would like to re-sign J. Jones. I like what he brings to the table from the bench. Robinosn is a restricted F/A and will probably be back, also. He's a good athlete, a poor man's Wallace, but the Cats need a shooter more than him.

Bigs:
Okafor, May, Brezac, Hollins.

In the post there are question marks. Hopefully, Okafor will shake off the injury and return to his ROY form. Hopefully May is healthy and in shape and can move into the starting 4 along side okafor. Big ifs. Brezac, well I just don't care for him. He has some skills offensively, but he's just too soft. There should be a team rule that Pirmoz and Morrison should never be on the court at the same time. Too many slow jump shooter who can't defend. I really wish Charlotte would trade this guy. However, as a bench player, he's ok. He could provide instant offense. Just make sure Adam is out of the game. (It's a rule) Ely is a restricted F/A and I would like to bring him back. In fact, I wouldn't mind him and Emeka starting on the front line wiith May coming off the bench.

Needs:

It is my belief that a very good defensive center (or PF with Okafor moving over to 5) and a shooter for the bench are the only things that stand in the Bobcats way of making the playoffs. I think Bernie, Jordan, and co. should do everything they can to aquire a shot blocking center. I suggested in another thread that they would make a run at Ben Wallace, but that's just speculation. What would be some other options for C via free agency or trade?

Last edited by Tap_out_kid : 06-29-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Tap_out_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #7
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
that lineup is deadly..

Aren't you the jack*** who yesterday started a thread that was dissing this franchise
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:55 AM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

tis true...i'm tempted to go over to the cavs forum and start spewing useless garbage out of my ass like this guy
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: