Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people
Default NBA.com preview feature on the Raptors...Val the key?

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/feature...ls=nbahpsplit1

So to me, sure the Raps could take 'a step forward', but where does even that leave us? 8th at best? Enter Q and the old 'why bother being decent but not good' argument.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA.com preview feature on the Raptors...Val the key?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
So to me, sure the Raps could take 'a step forward', but where does even that leave us? 8th at best? Enter Q and the old 'why bother being decent but not good' argument.
Thank you.

I'm a big Val fan. Huge. Was thrilled with his drafting. But I don't see him becoming a superstar. A very good player, maybe an All-Star appearance or two. He is absolutely the key to the Raptors future but he alone won't be enough. He is the only player on the team with major potential. Everyone else has either topped out (Gay, Lowry, Derozan, Amir) or are, IMO, low ceiling guys (Ross, Acy). There needs to be more to the "core" to develop a long-term winner and that's why I want this upcoming season tanked. Tanked hard and not half-way. Leiweke has said some things about rebuilding and "being bad" but I don't see Ujiri putting any such plan in place. We'll see.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

I still think there is hope for a tank job this year. I'm hoping Masai is just playing it cool knowing he has a lot of time left to move the mediocrity. It certainly wouldn't help his cause if he let everyone know there was a firesale.

one can dream...
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Thank you.

I'm a big Val fan. Huge. Was thrilled with his drafting. But I don't see him becoming a superstar. A very good player, maybe an All-Star appearance or two. He is absolutely the key to the Raptors future but he alone won't be enough. He is the only player on the team with major potential. Everyone else has either topped out (Gay, Lowry, Derozan, Amir) or are, IMO, low ceiling guys (Ross, Acy). There needs to be more to the "core" to develop a long-term winner and that's why I want this upcoming season tanked. Tanked hard and not half-way. Leiweke has said some things about rebuilding and "being bad" but I don't see Ujiri putting any such plan in place. We'll see.

Completely agreed.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: