Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 02-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #1
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Default Doc Benches Rondo again

After coming off two 11 assist games, Doc benches Rondo again in favor of Telfair, does anyone support this move by Doc¿ I guess the Celts are trying to lose though
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:25 AM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Default Re: Doc Benches Rondo again

I don't think it was wonderful but Telfair had had a good first half, so it had some logic.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

In the post game interview, Doc stated that he tried Rondo a little in the first half, and Phoenix wasn't "biting" on him, so he took him out for a more offensive guard ala Telfair.

As much as I hate him, he didn't do all that bad. He missed a couple easy layups, but that's about it. He was trying on defense especially, like the play when Leandro I think ran up court after Pierce had made an 18 footer, and Telfair ran with him and prevented a basket on basket fast break. That impressed me.

That's nothing compared to Rondo, however. Rondo has earned the minutes to play in a game like this, Telfair hasn't. I think Doc should've given him a chance.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

I agree, he played decent out there, but when Rondo played, he played with Telfair playing SG while Telfair played PG. Not something I wanted to see... since I think we know who has the court vision.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:09 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

i think they two should play equal minutes... both pretty talented... just haven't shown...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

I have a question. I am not trying to be rude or anything. But do you guys think your team keeps losing just so they will have the best chance at the number 1 pick? Just wondering what you all think about this.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:59 AM   #7
theanwser
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I really don't think either are good. Rondo will be better because he is new to this level of the game while Telfair has been here for a couple seasons. Celtics have a good core of players. Reminds me of the bulls a couple years ago when they got Gordon, Deng, and Noiconi. Hopefully the Celtics keep doing bad, so that way they can get a top pick. Stick with Rondo, Pierce gets healthy and this team will be on top of a pretty weak division. (Toronto being the main threat)
theanwser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:01 PM   #8
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanwser
I really don't think either are good. Rondo will be better because he is new to this level of the game while Telfair has been here for a couple seasons. Celtics have a good core of players. Reminds me of the bulls a couple years ago when they got Gordon, Deng, and Noiconi. Hopefully the Celtics keep doing bad, so that way they can get a top pick. Stick with Rondo, Pierce gets healthy and this team will be on top of a pretty weak division. (Toronto being the main threat)
I honestly think Rondo will be a Poor man's prime GP at the worst. Right now, he plays for about 13 minutes a game and he somehow ends up poking away the ball to others for steals or just straight up robbing a ball handler to get the steal himself. His court vision is clearly the best I've seen by a point guard on the Celtics in the last decade.

Quote:

I have a question. I am not trying to be rude or anything. But do you guys think your team keeps losing just so they will have the best chance at the number 1 pick? Just wondering what you all think about this.

It may look like Doc is trying to lose games by the way he coaches the team in the fourth quarter, but he's not, and neither are the players. The play their hardest and rarely get blown out like they did to the Lakers (Largest defeat this year was by the Lakers at 26 points I believe).

Ainge might be tanking by not firing Doc, but not the players.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:41 AM   #9
Laamoon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I think Telfair needs some D-League time. Rondo, however, (in my opinion at least), as earned some well-deserved playing time. Playing time that he hasn't been getting. Yeah, so maybe right now he's not the best shooter, but I think he has the potential for that, and it will come with more playing time. He hussles, rebounds, assists, and plays amazing D. His steals are a huge bonus.
Laamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #10
IBall280
Decent playground baller

yeah ik, i luv rondo and i think he is a good player... especially since he came from kentucky son.
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:27 AM   #11
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I honestly think Rondo will be a Poor man's prime GP at the worst. Right now, he plays for about 13 minutes a game and he somehow ends up poking away the ball to others for steals or just straight up robbing a ball handler to get the steal himself. His court vision is clearly the best I've seen by a point guard on the Celtics in the last decade.

It may look like Doc is trying to lose games by the way he coaches the team in the fourth quarter, but he's not, and neither are the players. The play their hardest and rarely get blown out like they did to the Lakers (Largest defeat this year was by the Lakers at 26 points I believe).

Ainge might be tanking by not firing Doc, but not the players.

Great answer man. Couldn't have said it better.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: