Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #31
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: THE ONE: Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez - Sept 14th!!

Fight Week baby!!
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #32
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Imo "The One" is Garcia vs Lucas that's going to steal the night, two massive punchers with solid chins banging it out. While I'm looking forward to Mayweather vs Canelo I'm probably most excited about the undercard fight more lol.
Same feelings. Should be interesting to see how Floyd deals with Canelo thiugh. Don't think Canelo can keep up with Floyd and will tire out.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #33
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

an Irish Mexican???.......

dude should never lose....

seriously.."Mind Blown"
AlphaWolf24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #34
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Imo "The One" is Garcia vs Lucas that's going to steal the night, two massive punchers with solid chins banging it out. While I'm looking forward to Mayweather vs Canelo I'm probably most excited about the undercard fight more lol.

Yeah, definitely looking forward to that more than the main event. Matthysse by vicious highlight reel right-handed KO in the 7th.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #35
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Anything can happen in this fight if Money May isn't careful.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #36
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

media day at MGM GRAND today

Canelo says he weighs around 153-154 lbs right now, looks like 152 is no problem at all

jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #37
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Canelo in 6
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #38
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Funny, in the 30 day weigh in Canelo was around 165, which was my weight at the time. I made it a goal of mine to be 152 by fight night, right now I'm at 153.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #39
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Wow, De La Hoya is in rehab?
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #40
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

What's with these guys falling off the wagon? Mike Tyson recently said similar things
Old 09-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #41
OJ SIMPSON 2.0
Banned

OJ SIMPSON 2.0 has a very bad reputationOJ SIMPSON 2.0 has a very bad reputationOJ SIMPSON 2.0 has a very bad reputationOJ SIMPSON 2.0 has a very bad reputationOJ SIMPSON 2.0 has a very bad reputation

Lol, people still watch boxing? I guess Mayweather is still too pvssy to fight Manny Paq.
OJ SIMPSON 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #42
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

going to be a unanimous for floyd. he's too agile for canelo. only thing in canelo's favor is that his body type and size would be able to sustain some of floyd's 37 year old hits. other than that it should be another great fight. what's astonishing it that i'm excited that i'm getting paid in a couple of days while in that same couple of days floyd will be getting 40+ million.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #43
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

floyd admits ducking people and blames his team for it

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mayweat...2688--box.html

Quote:
Mayweather admits cashing in on 'handpicked' opponents

By Gregory Heakes | AFP News 3 hours ago

Floyd Mayweather says his undefeated record has been partly built on the backs of handpicked opponents who didn't always provide the toughest fights but did help him become the world's best paid athlete.
"Sometimes they say, 'Well, Floyd Mayweather's opponents was handpicked.' That's a good thing," Mayweather said during a conference call with reporters to hype Saturday's world title fight against Mexico's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.
"I commend my team ... when I sit back and I think about my career, I say 'you know what? I had a cool career. I didn't take any punishment'.
"If they say these guys were handpicked, they was handpicked to make $40 and $50 and $60 million, then you know what? Keep handpicking them. If they're going to keep paying, keep handpicking them."
Mayweather, who Forbes magazine lists as the world's highest paid athlete, has been criticized for dodging a potential mega fight with Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao.
The two have tried several times over the past few years to get the deal done for what would likely be the most lucrative fight in boxing history. But each time negotiations broke down when they couldn't come to terms on a variety of issues, including drug testing and share of the revenue and purses.
Pacquiao's camp blames Mayweather for the holdup, saying even when they agreed to all his demands -- including drug testing -- the American would come up with new increased demands to scuttle the blockbuster fight.
"Floyd's statement speaks for itself. Now we know why he won't give the fans the fight they want most," Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach told AFP on Tuesday.
The fight with Alvarez is the second in Mayweather's six-bout, 30-month contract with American cable network Showtime that could pay him more than $200 million. After Mayweather beat Robert Guerrero in May, he said he wanted to fight again in September - marking the first time since 2007 he will be in the ring twice in a calendar year.
Mayweather's guaranteed purse for the Alvarez fight is reported to be a record $41 million which would surpass the previous record of $32 million he received for fighting Guerrero.
Organizers are also hoping that this fight will eclipse the 2.44 million record pay-per-view sales and sales of more than $130 million racked up by the Mayweather and Oscar de la Hoya fight in 2007. Mayweather will also get a cut of the pay-per-view money on top of his guaranteed purse.
Mayweather, who is undefeated in 44 fights, says he will take nothing for granted when he faces World Boxing Council and World Boxing Association super welterweight champ Alvarez in a 12-round showdown of unbeaten fighters at the MGM Grand Hotel.
"I am not overlooking this guy," said Mayweather. "In Mexico he is a young rock star and everybody that they put in front of him he was able to go out there and do his job.
"I am pushing myself to the limit right now."
The last time Mayweather stopped an opponent inside the distance was two years ago and that came when Victor Ortiz lowered both his hands and was looking at the referee for a ruling. Mayweather seized the moment and hit Ortiz with a combination of punches that floored Ortiz.
Since then, Mayweather has won 12-round decisions over Miguel Cotto in May 2012 and Guerrero.
Saturday's fight will be contested at 152 pounds with Alvarez's super welterweight titles on the line. Alvarez (42-0-1) is a 154-pound champion and Mayweather usually fights at 147 pounds.
The 23-year-old Alvarez says he believes he has the perfect fight plan to register one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.
"I am going to follow my game plan and I am going to fight my fight," he said. "I am not going to allow him to fight his fight. I have a game plan."

magic chiongson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #44
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
Lol, people still watch boxing? I guess Mayweather is still too pvssy to fight Manny Paq.
It's the most exciting sport in the world when you have two quality fighters going up against each other, nothing like it not even close.....so why would people not watch it? Is Mayweather scared lol of what? The better question is has Manny woke up yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
What's with these guys falling off the wagon? Mike Tyson recently said similar things
I would say a lot of fighters In general have a lot of mental issues which is why they excel in combat sports and are capable of doing them well (not all obviously). Plus once the fame fades and other things in your life happened it's not much of a surprise.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 09-11-2013 at 11:29 AM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #45
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
floyd admits ducking people and blames his team for it

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mayweat...2688--box.html

But but but everybody thats down with the #MoneyTeam says "he's his own boss"
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: