Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

Default 2013/2014 Rookie Class Busts and Overacheivers

In this thread pick the rookies who you think will bust or overachieve.

My pick for overachiever goes to either KCP or Karasev. KCP was the focal point of the opponents defense every game in college and he still managed to get his. He won't be asked to do much in detroit so as long as he lets the game come to him he should be fine.

Karasev has been a pro for a few years already. He's the son of a coach and respected russian professional, his shot technique is awesome. I worry about his size and ability to defend, but i think he'll turn out to be a fine SG in the league.

My pick for bust goes to Alex Len. He has great size and can seemingly score in a variety of ways but the stress fractures scare me. I guess the suns decided to perform another surgery on him immediately after they drafted him because they saw another little issue they wanted to correct before it got out of control. I think he's gonna have issues like that for the rest of his career.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: 2013/2014 Rookie Class Busts and Overacheivers

gorgui dieng is in a good position to succeed in utah. hes a pretty good passer for a center, which should bode well for him in utahs motion heavy system.

i like karasev, but i think it will take him a year or two to put on the weight, and to get used to the physicality and speed of the nba. he definitely has a great pedigree, and great basketball iq.

cj mccollum is another guy who is in a nice position. it looks like he will come off the bench, and have pretty much free reign to do what he wants. and he will have shooters in dorrell wright and allan crabbe, and a good finisher in t-rob around him, but he will still be able to handle the ball a ton.

i think mcw will have a rough season in philly. they have gutted the roster, and i just dont see him as a very composed player, and he doesnt really have anything to fall back on. hes not a very good shooter, or finisher, hes a good passer, with potential thanks to his size and length, but he doesnt have many good options to pass to.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
gorgui dieng is in a good position to succeed in utah. hes a pretty good passer for a center, which should bode well for him in utahs motion heavy system.

You mean Gobert? He looks like a good fit not necessarily as a passer. Burke looks like a bust so far.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
You mean Gobert? He looks like a good fit not necessarily as a passer. Burke looks like a bust so far.

my bad, i was just scrolling through the wiki on the draft, and didnt realise dieng had been traded. minny is a pretty good destination for him too though

why are you so down on burke? based on the summer league? hes too smart and too skilled to be a complete bust imo
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
my bad, i was just scrolling through the wiki on the draft, and didnt realise dieng had been traded. minny is a pretty good destination for him too though

why are you so down on burke? based on the summer league? hes too smart and too skilled to be a complete bust imo

Their late 2nd round pick Neto looked better. What's a complete bust? If ya waste a lottery pick taking the supposed best pg in the draft and he's not NBA starter material he's a bust.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

Overachiever goes to Archie Goodwin. This kid is going to be a steal if he sticks with him. Him and Bledsoe on D at the guard spots. Reggie Bullock will also seem like an overachiever because he is the perfect situation. Like Gorgui Deng as well in Minnesota.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: