Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
unbreakable
National High School Star

Default How does Pressey and Kabongo go undrafted?

First off.. wasnt Pressey one of the best PGs of the entire NCAA? Easily the quickest guard in the world and I remember he was averaging the most ASSISTS during the year.. doesnt that count for something big for NBA scouts? Im so confused on him going undrafted..

also kabongo wasnt a senior or anything.. so why come out early if you dont got a GUARANTEE

whos filling these guys heads with bad info? does this happen often ?
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #2
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

Default Re: How does Pressey and Kabongo go undrafted?

At worst both will make excellent money in Europe so who cares if they left they are super talented and will make the $$$$ elsewhere.
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
First off.. wasnt Pressey one of the best PGs of the entire NCAA? Easily the quickest guard in the world and I remember he was averaging the most ASSISTS during the year.. doesnt that count for something big for NBA scouts? Im so confused on him going undrafted..

also kabongo wasnt a senior or anything.. so why come out early if you dont got a GUARANTEE

whos filling these guys heads with bad info? does this happen often ?

Kabongo never really proved anything besides he was fast and could jump high. He didn't come back because he already was suspended by the NCAA last year, and probably didn't wanna risk anymore time sitting out - he knows he's gonna make $ playing basketball somewhere.

Pressey probably got passed on because he's small, not very athletic, and very inconsistent. Mizzou players also generally suck.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

The Kabongo thing is easy, it's pretty much what GU said up there. The guy is a good athlete, but not much beyond that. He came out probably because it wasn't worth it to him or Texas to stick around just to be investigated the whole time. He just never came off as an NBA player once you saw how limited he was when his physical advantage was taken away.

Pressey I sort of liked, but he was just small. And there were tons of PGs available in that second round this year. I felt like Pressey belonged in that group, but with that many options on a similar level, it really came down to a matter of preference on how you wanted to chase that backup PG spot.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Pressey will be on the Celtics summer league squad BTW.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
SourPatchKids
Banned

Pressey will be a Boston Celtic next season.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
HarryCallahan
Banned

I'm really happy Kabongo got passed on. He played really poorly in college after being a highly touted prospect. I was sure some team would use an unwarranted 2nd rounder on him, but I'm very glad to be wrong on that.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
silverbax
I airball my layups

They'll make money overseas but Kabongo is a good example of AAU guys, runners and 'scouts' who don't really understand the pro game.

There are only a couple of high school basketball scouting organizations who actively work with and scout the pros. I know that Dave Telep (currently with ESPN) does work with pros and I know that Basketball Elite scouts a lot of pro camps. I'm not sure of many others. Jonathon Givony of Draft Express is primarily a pro guy who also scouts high school and AAU.

That being said, Kabongo will have a career overseas (just as Dexter Strickland of UNC will) but doubtful for NBA options. Hopefully neither guy tries the D-League route, it will be a dead end for them.

Last edited by silverbax : 08-17-2013 at 04:31 PM.
silverbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #9
tgan3
Local High School Star

Pressey is good, but they are too many point guards with talent in the NBA.
Doesn't help his like 5'9. Just looks at guys with similar height like Isaiah Thomas or Nate Robinson, they don't lose to Pressey in any aspect.

Kabongo is a good athlete, but from what i see tends to over-dribble and get flashy. He makes some good passes but i think he's very inexperienced and not built for NBA game, NBA scouts want a floor general, not a guy who makes AND-1 dribbles and passes. he doesnt have a shot too, so that hurts.
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
bizil
Decent college freshman

With Flip is what mainly due to his height I think. But he's very athletic and fast as hell. I think he's gonna have a better career than many people think. He's was one of the top 2-3 floor generals IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT. It's just that he's only 5'9. That's what hurt Flip the most.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: