Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #136
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
That's why I nominate Gwendoline Christie. Basically 6'3" Lynda Carter.
I like this nomination.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #137
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I really wouldn't mind Jennifer Lawrence as Catwoman.

Who would you like to see play the new Joker?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #138
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Not a fan of this, but then again I'm not a big Affleck fan. You have to be quite diverse to play Batman because Bruce Wayne/Batman are polar opposites. He might be able to pull off the smooth playboy persona of Bruce Wayne. However, I really don't think he has the screen presence to represent the intensity to Batman

I read another suggestion on another forum was Guy Pierce. I think he would have made a great Batman.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #139
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
Not a fan of this, but then again I'm not a big Affleck fan. You have to be quite diverse to play Batman because Bruce Wayne/Batman are polar opposites. He might be able to pull off the smooth playboy persona of Bruce Wayne. However, I really don't think he has the screen presence to represent the intensity to Batman

I read another suggestion on another forum was Guy Pierce. I think he would have made a great Batman.

Guy Peirce is too much like Val Kilmer, who was a flop
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #140
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Zachary Quinto would have made a great Batman.

Even though he's gay when he turns on that sinister, vengeful voice it's intense and menacing (see American Horror Story: Asylum). And, his normal Bruce Wayne self is suave and debonair... very fitting for a man who's heir to a fortune.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #141
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

It really should've been Josh Brolin. Oh well.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #142
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Brolin is the perfect fit if they are going for an older, more hardened Batman. Affleck is too soft on screen to be a Dark Knight people take seriously. Who isn't gonna subconsciously think "lol Affleck is the badass Batman?" while watching the movie. Just don't see it.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:07 AM   #143
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Affleck could work if there was a much more competent director on the set than Zach Snyder.

But Snyder is really only good for action and epic scaled shots. I don't think he develops characters well, which is what you need when you have Batman involved. Watchmen's characters worked because they had a strong basis (the original graphic novel) to follow and even then, that movie fell a little flat at times.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #144
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Batman isn't that difficult a role. Typical rich, playboy character... then he gets dressed up in an awesome bat-suit with sick ass weapons and vehicles. Probably more than a dozen current actors that could pull it off; including Affleck.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #145
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Batman isn't that difficult a role. Typical rich, playboy character... then he gets dressed up in an awesome bat-suit with sick ass weapons and vehicles. Probably more than a dozen current actors that could pull it off; including Affleck.
I know right. I'm a fan of Batman (I read the comics) and I honestly could give no fvcks if Affleck is Batman or not. I am more concerned with who's writing it and the director.

Like does people think Clooney was that bad of a BAtman or did the writing and the one directing the movie just sucked horribly? BAtsuit with Nipples? Really? Heck they lost me with the scene where they showed BAtman's butt.

I'l bet that if you replace Bale with Clooney the Batman Begins movies could work. The thing about Batman is that he could be anyone.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #146
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

I think this can actually work very, very well. Affleck is going to make a terrific and seasoned Bruce Wayne. Might be the best Bruce Wayne ever in fact. Ben Affleck is a very serious and hardworking director, who has made some amazing films in the past few years. I'm sure he's going to take this very cautiously and deliver a great performance.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #147
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Apparently Bryan Cranston will be playing Lex Luthor
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #148
MP.Trey
Kyrieeee & L-Traaaaiin

MP.Trey has an incredible reputation hereMP.Trey has an incredible reputation hereMP.Trey has an incredible reputation hereMP.Trey has an incredible reputation hereMP.Trey has an incredible reputation hereMP.Trey has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Apparently Bryan Cranston will be playing Lex Luthor
Sold.
MP.Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #149
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP.Trey
Sold.

Not the greatest source, but he has been interviewed saying he would love the part before.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/24/bryan-...steel-3936111/
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #150
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

If Bryan Cranston is Lex Luther than Heath Ledger might have some competition as the greatest villain ever.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: