Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #166
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
Fixed.

I love Jack Nicholson but there's no debate here. Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker was way better than Jack Nicholson's.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #167
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here

Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #168
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
I don't have a problem with Affleck. He is a decent enough actor. Christian Bale wasn't even great in his role as Batman. Playing Batman is the easy part. You're a billionaire disguised as a superhero, how difficult is that? What makes the movie good is the villain/story. Just look at the last two movies.

The director/writer of Daredevil has been involved with these movies: Jack Frost, Ghost Rider, Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men, Big Bully, and Elecktra. That is literally his resume. No wonder that movie was awful.

George Clooney should have made a better batman than he was. He has the looked and how difficult is it to do the voice Bale used when suited up. I'm not trying to knock Christian Bale as an actor because he is a good actor but people act like he was phenomenal when really to me he was just average. The characters of Bane and the Joker are really what stood out and Nolan directing is what made the last three movies great.

Forget the role of Batman whilst in costume, there is no better Bruce Wayne than Christian Bale.

Imagine Affleck as Wayne when we think about this upcoming movie.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #169
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Forget the role of Batman whilst in costume, there is no better Bruce Wayne than Christian Bale.

Imagine Affleck as Wayne when we think about this upcoming movie.
Affleck can definitely play Bruce Wayne. It's Batman I don't think he can't play
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #170
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Affleck doesn't bother me so much. He's talented enough to make the Wayne role his own.

People weren't all that excited about Heath Ledger getting the Joker role, if you'll remember. "OMG he does teen flicks and that gay cowboy movie, this is gonna be the worst movie in the history of history!!!"

No, what worries me is that Zack "I Wanna Be Michael Bay When I Grow Up" Snyder still gets to direct. The success/failure of this movie is going to rest entirely on him and I just don't think he's a clever or even talented enough director to make a character as complex and layered as Bruce Wayne work. Shit, Superman is about as one-dimensional of a character as you're going to find...and he needed video-game action sequences to make that work.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #171
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I love Jack Nicholson but there's no debate here. Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker was way better than Jack Nicholson's.

There's a lot of debate.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #172
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Without makeups for Brienne role, she is fine IMO.

For the Joker?
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #173
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

Yes, there's lots of debate. If Ledger was still alive consensus would be Nicholson>Ledger.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #174
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Bale was really nothing special at all. And his voice was downright cringe worthy at times

His voice was certainly terrible. People idolize actors so much. Bale is easily replaceable. Had Bale stared in Batman and Robin people would have said Bale was a terrible choice for Batman instead of blaming the director and writers.
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #175
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't understand the hate on the Bale voice..
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #176
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

It didn't sound cool or batman-y. It sounded like a kid calling his high school and mimicking his grandpa in order to cut classes.

I think Bale is a terrific actor but the role didn't require him to summon too much talent. It's a straight role and he played it fine, but so could a lesser actor IMO.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #177
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
It didn't sound cool or batman-y. It sounded like a kid calling his high school and mimicking his grandpa in order to cut classes.

I think Bale is a terrific actor but the role didn't require him to summon too much talent. It's a straight role and he played it fine, but so could a lesser actor IMO.

I liked the voice. It's a billionaire dressed as a superhero. Any guy in a attempt to change his voice would do the same thing. It almost made it more realistic.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #178
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Me neither...
He doesn't want anyone to recognize his voice because he is kind of famous. Seems reasonable.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #179
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
I liked the voice. It's a billionaire dressed as a superhero. Any guy in a attempt to change his voice would do the same thing. It almost made it more realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Me neither...
He doesn't want anyone to recognize his voice because he is kind of famous. Seems reasonable.

Exactly.. He played it a bit over the top but Batman/Bruce Wayne is over the top.. he's a billionaire hell bent on revenge and seeks his revenge dressed up as a Bat-man. Him having a scratchy voice makes a lot of sense to me.. Could you imagine if someone heard him talk and be like.. you're Bruce Wayne aren't you.. If "Robin" can figure it out by a look he got from Bruce when he was a kid.. I don't think the disguised voice is a bad way to go.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #180
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Me neither...

A) The voice got progressively more cartoonish as the movies came out.

B) By Rises everyone and their grandmother seemed to know he was really Bruce Wayne so it didn't make any sense that he would use the voice with people who knew who he was.

Kevin Conroy did a great job of having a distinct Wayne and Batman voice without going way overboard like Chris. It was just Bale hamming it up as he has done for much of his career.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: