Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #61
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
She was amazing as catwoman. She managed to take a ridiculous character and make it not cheesy. She was great.

As far as Ben...eh. He's just not inspiring/tough edged seeming. He's too baby faced/voice to be Batman.

They need someone that's skinnier, more naturally strong looking, with a strong jaw line.

Should be someone like Jon Hamm

I think he would have made an awesome superman if he was younger.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #62
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation

Are they running with the dark knight returns story line?

If they are, assfleck is not the biggest of my worries as Batman (especially in this story line, batman is supposed to be just old, grumpy and pissed off at this point)

Anyone remember THE JOKER is in this series as well?
Harvey Dent?
The mutants?!!
SELENA KYLE AS A 60 SOMETHING YEAR OLD?!(I don't really care about this one, like I really don't care shes in the plot for a whole 3 minutes, but its an insult to anne Hathaway to have someone play her role)

Who the hell is going to be cast to play these guys.

Not to mention how confused the casual movie goer is going to be when they find out Dent isn't really dead, Bale isn't Batman and someone is going to be constantly compared to heath ledger as the joker

ffs. stupid ****ing movie studios.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:37 AM   #63
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
She was amazing as catwoman. She managed to take a ridiculous character and make it not cheesy. She was great.

As far as Ben...eh. He's just not inspiring/tough edged seeming. He's too baby faced/voice to be Batman.

They need someone that's skinnier, more naturally strong looking, with a strong jaw line.

Should be someone like Jon Hamm

Hamm is only good at comedy.

Catwoman is not a ridiculous character. gtfo.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #64
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

My first thought about all the complaints about Ben Affleck already:

I guess people will start taking back all their complaints about Christian Bale's Batman voice.

But, honestly, I'm not even going to begin to complain. If this was pre-2007 Ben Affleck I'd be bitching up a storm right now. But not only has he proven since then that he's a great director (Gone Baby Gone, Argo, The Town) but he's gotten a lot better as an actor.

He has the look of Bruce Wayne down exactly. I can picture him as Bruce Wayne. I don't know how he'll be as Batman though. But I'm willing to give it a shot. I think it will be good and he's going to surprise a lot of people.

I would have preferred to see Christian Bale back but going with Ben Affleck isn't as terrible as everyone is making it seem. Let's wait and see what he looks like in the cowl before we start to bitch about this.

Now, I kind of want to see another Batman movie. Going with a new actor they can now cast someone as The Joker. Still though, I'm disappointed that Christian Bale turned them down. I could totally picture a Batman vs. Superman movie where Bale/Bruce Wayne is retired and then he sees this guy come from another planet and he'd want to come out of retirement again to see what Clark Kent/Superman is all about.

Just as long as we don't have to sit through another origin story of Batman I'm happy. We know the character already. They can introduce a new Batman in Batman vs. Superman and we don't have to get his whole back story.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:29 AM   #65
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Big_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected poster

But Affleck was the bomb in phantoms yo
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:40 AM   #66
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
Hamm is only good at comedy.

DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #67
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Hamm's voice isn't right for Superman.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #68
BruceLeeBowen
I brick open layups

BruceLeeBowen has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
RIP DC Comics:

Whenever-2013
Why? Even if they stop making movies, they still have their animated series, video games and comics.
BruceLeeBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:54 AM   #69
BruceLeeBowen
I brick open layups

BruceLeeBowen has an OK reputation so far

Christian Bale is already 39. By the time they make the Justice League movie he'll be around 42. If dc is going to milk the Justice League movie, they'll need a younger cast.
BruceLeeBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #70
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

I know that after The Sopranos and before Breaking Bad(got big), Mad Men was "The Best Show on TV," but I think it's terrible; I just really don't enjoy watching soap-opera's about who's cheating on who with who.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #71
HarryCallahan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg

But Affleck was the bomb in phantoms yo

Snoogans...
Old 08-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #72
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Was anyone that enthusiastic when Ledger was given the role of the Joker? I'd give Affleck a chance. He has been pretty good the last few years.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:36 AM   #73
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeBowen
Christian Bale is already 39. By the time they make the Justice League movie he'll be around 42. If dc is going to milk the Justice League movie, they'll need a younger cast.
And Affleck is 41, so they are even more ****ed.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:46 AM   #74
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Batman shouldn't be in a movie with an alien with superhuman powers. That's dumb no matter who the actor is.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #75
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
Mad Men was "The Best Show on TV," but I think it's terrible; I just really don't enjoy watching soap-opera's about who's cheating on who with who.

You and your lazy script analysis. First 'Citizen Kane' and now this.

There's a lot more to 'Mad Men' than that.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: