Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

kshutts1 is considered somewhat coolkshutts1 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Detroit Pistons Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
What? Really?
He was drafted by them the same year as stuckey I believe. Joe D traded him the summer of terrible decisions in order to have more capspace to sign a big, which ended up being Chris Wilcox as I recall.
Thanks.

I follow player movement pretty well, but if said player was traded quickly, or right away... hard for me to keep track. Unless the trade was colossally stupid in hindsight, like Pip for Olden, lol.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #17
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
Thanks.

I follow player movement pretty well, but if said player was traded quickly, or right away... hard for me to keep track. Unless the trade was colossally stupid in hindsight, like Pip for Olden, lol.
He was on the pistons for 2? years. He played well, but was the 4th guard (sometimes 5th). I know I was disappointed when they gave him up (and amir and delfino). Of course, I also though Cheikh Samb might develop into something, so there is that........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zm8I1LL5-c
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #18
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

i remember afflolo being on the pistons, only because he was awesome in nba live 08

the more i think about it, the more i worry about the wizards and pistons keeping the cavs out of the playoffs
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
i remember afflolo being on the pistons, only because he was awesome in nba live 08

the more i think about it, the more i worry about the wizards and pistons keeping the cavs out of the playoffs
Its gonna be interesting between them and ATL for the last 3 spots (hell ATL may even by a 5th seed). I think it will probably come down to the team with the most significant injuries.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Its gonna be interesting between them and ATL for the last 3 spots (hell ATL may even by a 5th seed). I think it will probably come down to the team with the most significant injuries.

and if thats the case, i dont want to be relying on kyrie, andy and bynum

the hawks dont have much depth either though. while the cavs have depth in the frontcourt, and jack as a solid replacement if kyrie goes down, atlanta's best bench players are elton brand and john jenkins. they could be in trouble if they are unlucky with injuries.

personally, im just looking forward to cavs games having meaning again, for the first time since lebron left.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
LA Lakers
High school junior varsity star

LA Lakers has no real reputation yet.

Today's team?

THE DETROIT PISTONS

PG - Jennings/Bynum/Siva
SG - Billups/Stuckey/Caldwell-Pope
SF - J.Smith/Singler/Datome
PF - Monroe/Villanueva/Jerebko/Mitchell
C - Drummond/Harrellson

Head Coach - Maurice Cheecks
General Manager - Joe Dumars [/color]

1. Is Brandon Jennings underrated or is Brandon Jennings overrated?

Neither. A good point guard in a league filled with great point guards.

2. PROBABILITY FROM 1 to 10 (with 10 being Most Likely)

In the year 2018, Andre Drummond will be the best Center in the NBA.

5. Sorry Neutral. Too tough to foresee.

3. AGREE or DISAGREE: After thirteen up-and-down years, Joe Dumars should be fired? Disagree.

4. So wait...Josh Smith is playing the 3? Isn't he better at the 4? And Billups is now a 2? Or will he back up Jennings? And what about Stuckey? Is he starting? Is Bynum marginalized now? Will Villanueva even play or released? Will Smith and Monroe playing together? Aren't Singler and Jerebko gonna get minutes? And how in the blue hell is KCP gonna get in there? And Datome needs minute too right?.........
Sort this roster out for us.

Actually some compelling small ball line ups. And I don't think its as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Its cute Billups is back and all but really hes old and coming off an Achilles injury and is really a catch and shoot guy at this point. I look for Stuckey and Jennings too handle the heavy lifting which is asking a lot haha.

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Detroit Pistons will make the playoffs this season.

I forgot the Celtics are dead, East is more top heavy etc etc so Im going to give a half hearted yes. TRUE. I think they have the defense on paper to push them into a playoff spot.

Last edited by LA Lakers : 08-28-2013 at 09:50 PM.
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #22
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board

1. Is Brandon Jennings underrated or is Brandon Jennings overrated? underrated

2. PROBABILITY FROM 1 to 10 (with 10 being Most Likely): In the year 2018, Andre Drummond will be the best Center in the NBA. no comment

3. AGREE or DISAGREE: After thirteen up-and-down years, Joe Dumars should be fired as GM. agree

4. So wait...Josh Smith is playing the 3? Isn't he better at the 4? And Billups is now a 2? Or will he back up Jennings? And what about Stuckey? Is he starting? Is Bynum marginalized now? Will Villanueva even play or released? Will Smith and Monroe playing together? Aren't Singler and Jerebko gonna get minutes? And how in the blue hell is KCP gonna get in there? And Datome needs minute too right?.........

maybe but wont go higher than 7

BONUS QUESTION: Better chance of a comeback....Jorts the player or Jorts the shorts.

Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #23
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

At this point, I'd say neither. I think everyone knows that he's an inefficient guard that can shoot you in or out of a game. The Pistons upgraded with him, but no one seems to be expecting the second coming of Isiah Thomas or even Chauncey Billups.

2. PROBABILITY FROM 1 to 10 (with 10 being Most Likely): In the year 2018, Andre Drummond will be the best Center in the NBA.

5. You can't rule it out because there's no one else really on the radar to be dominant that far down the line, but we still need to see a lot more from Drummond before giving him those kinds of props.

3. AGREE or DISAGREE: After thirteen up-and-down years, Joe Dumars should be fired as GM.

False. This run is it. He got a lot of credit (justly so) for putting together the core that had a really great run in the middle of the last decade, but 2009 till now has been a disaster. I think you give him this last shot and see if he can turn Detroit into a contender again with this group. If this fails, then yes, time to get some new blood.

I'd be surprised if Drummond starts. I think you'll see Monroe and Smith up front and Drummond will fill spots a little like Javale McGee did for Denver last year. They'll play the three bigs when the match up allows for it, but I doubt we'll see it that much really. As for the guards, Jennings will start and then everyone else's minutes will be up for grabs. Billups is probably about done or will be hurt, so I'd look for most of the minutes at the two to end up going between Stuckey, Bynum and KCP.

True. They've got a bit of a messy roster, but with all of their flaws, I just think Jennings, Smith and Monroe are too good not to at least be in that 6-8 hunt with Washington, Cleveland and maybe Toronto.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #24
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

DetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat cool

- Depends. After that 50+ point game, he was getting overrated. Now, from forums to sports writers, they write as if he wears his jersey wrong. He's not elite, but he's not Sebastian Telfair either.

2. PROBABILITY FROM 1 to 10 (with 10 being Most Likely): In the year 2018, Andre Drummond will be the best Center in the NBA.

- If he develops an effective offensive game, 9, if not, 6. He was a force and if it wasn't for that minor injury, the Pistons would've made the playoffs as an 8th seed. He learns anything from Sheed (Jokes aside, he was a smart player), look out. One thing Drummond needs to work on is just pacing himself. Every time he was on the court, the dude was going full throttle at all times. Nice to see, but he'd get tired out easily.

3. AGREE or DISAGREE: After thirteen up-and-down years, Joe Dumars should be fired as GM.

- If the team fails to make the playoffs with this roster, yeah. People are willing to forget the good he did (6 ECFs) and the fact that sooner or later teams go through rebuilding phases. In the meantime, he's drafted Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond. Two bigs with good games to them. It's hard enough to find a good big, but having two? That's dating Kate Upton, drinking the finest scotch, and banging Faye Reagan on the side.

Starting 5:
Drummond
Monroe
Smith
KCP
Jennings

True, given the massive talent upgrade, especially with Josh Smith at the 3/4. Let's not forget, he's not a bad player either. Monroe's not a highlight player but he gets you points and boards.

BONUS QUESTION: Better chance of a comeback....Jorts the player or Jorts the shorts.

Given that he'll be behind Monroe and Drummond and Smith, possibly the shorts. (Seriously, do people realize how bad it looks?)
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #25
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Neither, he's been on some pretty bad teams where he was the only guy who could get his own shot. They needed someone to score so he took on that role. I never found it fair for PG's to take heat when they're needed to score. I think this season is where we'll truly see where Brandon Jennings is on the totem pole of PG's. He's definitely a talented player, and an upgrade at that position for the Pistons.

There's really not a ton of young promising C's so this could be very likely. I would give it an 8. Drummond seems like he could be the type to build around. His offensive game really needs help, but luckily the Pistons have Sheed for that. I think he could really help shape Drummonds game.

Dumars should've been fired after the whoe BG & CV signings. Nobody wanted him to go after BG like that. At least Charlies contract wasn't a ton of money. The BG thing is still haunting us because we don't have a 1st round pick this year (hopefully). Now that we've rebuilt again I think it's only right to see how this season goes. We're obviously still a big move away, but this roster is far improved and could be pretty good.

This one is easier than it seems. The starting lineup will be:

C - Drummond
PF - Monroe
SF - Smith
SG - Stuckey
PG - Jennings

From there it's going to depend on the matchups and who we're playing that night. I think Chauncey will be the backup PG but spend some time at SG too. KCP will get a chance to play. He can shoot and his defense seems good so far. I think Singler and Jerebko will be the SF and PF backups. Then there's going to be times where Monroe slides over to C as well. Bynum will get a few minutes as a backup PG. CV will probably sit the bench quite a bit. I think Datome is going to sit most of the season.

True, there's enough talent on the roster this team should make the playoffs. I think there's a lot of factors that come into play as to where they end up. Health will be the biggest issue and I mainly mean for all the teams in contention for a spot. I feel like the Pistons are in the best division in basketball right now. The Pacers are improved and the Bulls will be very good. I even feel like Cleveland upgraded quite a bit. But with the Pacers Granger has to stay healthy and Cleveland needs a healthy Bynum.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: