Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe
 
Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,329
Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation
Default My official first fitness commercial

Hey guys some of you may or may not know I am a personal trainer and I have been running a bootcamp for over the last year.

This is a youtube commercial on a couple of our success stories and a few of our exercises.

Please check it out let me know what you think,

Thankyou,

Mamba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3EIj...ature=youtu.be
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,594
B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

Very nice man. Didn't you post a really early version of this a while back?

Either way nice to see you helping people get in shape. You should post in the fit club more often there's a lot of advice and knowledge you could bring to the thread
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe
 
Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,329
Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Very nice man. Didn't you post a really early version of this a while back?

Either way nice to see you helping people get in shape. You should post in the fit club more often there's a lot of advice and knowledge you could bring to the thread
The first video was so BETA i'm not really going to run with it.

I wish I had more time to post on this website completely, but its a little bit difficult these days. I'll try and make more of an appearance from now on.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,594
B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

Where do you operate/train out of? Did you get a building or is it something you do from home?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
Bandito
NBA Role Player
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 13,672
Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

Could you recommend me a cardio workout so I can lose fat? Some people in my neighborhood have been recommending me drugs and some other stuff but I don't want to take sh1t. I want to do it as naturally as I can.

I lift weights and do cardio (30 mins before lifting weights) and my diet is not horrible but not good either (I take 1 or 2 days off eating healthy for dinner because I like Chinese food way too much.)

The cardio that I do is pretty much on the 30 mins elliptic bike but sometimes I might do intervals on the treadmill.

For example I will do bench press/ Squats with weights/ Shoulder press with weights/ bent over barbell row. I will those in a row without rest and that would be some cardio that I would do for example. At least it makes my heart pump.

As supplements I only take protein drinks with water 2 to 3 times a day (I take around 60 to 90 grams of protein) and rarely I will take preworkout (I don't really need it but sometimes I may forget to get enough sleep the day before and I would feel to tired the next day, hence the need to take it).

What I want is to get my body fat percentage down and I don't want to take drugs or whatever you guys called that crap that burns fat. But in reality I might have to take it because in all honesty I am stuck at ~200 lbs.

I was 159 (eating chinese food everyday) last year and since I started working out (October last year) I went up to ~200 lbs, but I am guessing that's muscle gain as I feel stronger and I am bigger all around. I am 6'0''. What I want is for my ABS to show because I know they are there but I can't see them because of all the fat. I am not really fat but have fat around my body thanks to all the crap I ate in all my life.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Lebron23
Banned
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,099
Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

You look like Joshua Salvador Aquino the nephew of our President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTsSjAUEIEE
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe
 
Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,329
Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Could you recommend me a cardio workout so I can lose fat? Some people in my neighborhood have been recommending me drugs and some other stuff but I don't want to take sh1t. I want to do it as naturally as I can.

I lift weights and do cardio (30 mins before lifting weights) and my diet is not horrible but not good either (I take 1 or 2 days off eating healthy for dinner because I like Chinese food way too much.)

The cardio that I do is pretty much on the 30 mins elliptic bike but sometimes I might do intervals on the treadmill.

For example I will do bench press/ Squats with weights/ Shoulder press with weights/ bent over barbell row. I will those in a row without rest and that would be some cardio that I would do for example. At least it makes my heart pump.

As supplements I only take protein drinks with water 2 to 3 times a day (I take around 60 to 90 grams of protein) and rarely I will take preworkout (I don't really need it but sometimes I may forget to get enough sleep the day before and I would feel to tired the next day, hence the need to take it).

What I want is to get my body fat percentage down and I don't want to take drugs or whatever you guys called that crap that burns fat. But in reality I might have to take it because in all honesty I am stuck at ~200 lbs.

I was 159 (eating chinese food everyday) last year and since I started working out (October last year) I went up to ~200 lbs, but I am guessing that's muscle gain as I feel stronger and I am bigger all around. I am 6'0''. What I want is for my ABS to show because I know they are there but I can't see them because of all the fat. I am not really fat but have fat around my body thanks to all the crap I ate in all my life.

Firstly if you want a 6 pack of abs. Your going to have to go on a healthy diet all week round not just 5-6 days per week. Those "drugs" you buy from supplement stores usually will never work and I'd only ever recommend to someone for "bodybuilding competitions."
Your healthy diet is going to have to include a reduction in carbohydrates, and eating more protein to really reduce the fat you don't want around your belly.

Going from 159-200 pounds in a year is a ridiculous feat, that's almost 0.5 pound per week. However at 200 I still don't believe you need to lost weight. That's what? 88 kg, im currently at 220 pounds at 6'2 with a 32 inch waist and at most I need to lose 3-4 kilograms of body fat (just because im a personal trainer does not mean i'm perfect by any means)

Secondly the exercises your currently doing has a lot to do with if you get a 6 pack or not as well. Your rest breaks should be minimal. 45-60 seconds. Don't stick strictly to crunches or leg raises. That won't really push your abs out. What you want are:

Mountain Climbers 3 sets 45-60 seconds
Plank 3 sets 45-60 seconds
Hanging leg raises 4 sets 15-20 (weight 8-10)

Switch to a Tabata style of training if you get bored. This is 8 sets 20 seconds on 10 seconds off. 4 minutes in total to complete. This is a great way to keep the heart rate up for an excellent workout.

Hope I've helped answer your question today.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
Twiens
lakers/raptors
 
Twiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,617
Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

Awesome video man, also in the process of getting my trainer certification
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #9
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe
 
Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,329
Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
Awesome video man, also in the process of getting my trainer certification
let me know if you need any help
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #10
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe
 
Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,329
Mamba has decent reputationMamba has decent reputation
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

hey guys we just launched the video on facebook as well.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

if you could give us a like or a share i'd be very appreciative.

thank you,

Mamba
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #11
sundizz
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,217
sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

My core is weak. I always have lower back pain and not flexible. Any suggestions on what core exercises to do to strengthen core? I'm not fat, but all my fat weight is in my stomach area. I'm basically normal/skinny everywhere else. Weighted lunges for example are terrible. I can't activate my core so it feels like I use my lower back too much to compensate.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:11 AM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,367
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

Cool commercial. Genuinely looks inspiring and real. Hope it goes well. Keep us posted.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #13
ThickassGlasses
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 266
ThickassGlasses has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
My core is weak. I always have lower back pain and not flexible. Any suggestions on what core exercises to do to strengthen core? I'm not fat, but all my fat weight is in my stomach area. I'm basically normal/skinny everywhere else. Weighted lunges for example are terrible. I can't activate my core so it feels like I use my lower back too much to compensate.

Planks, planks and more planks.

But you first have to start by learning to activate your glutes and use your ass to control your hips, not your back.

Start with laying on your back making sure the small of your back is pressed flat touching the ground with your knees bent up like you were about to do a glute bridge. Tighten your core (press the small of your back into the floor and tilting your pelvis) and lift up one leg a few inches off the ground. Make sure you can keep your core tight while doing this with both legs.

Once that becomes easy come up into a full glute bridge (IE hips come off the ground) with a straight line from the shoulders to the knees. Again, make sure your lower back isn't doing the work, keep the core tight like in the previous exercise. Weight and pauses at the top can be added to make it more challenging.

Next step would be a plank, but make sure your spine is in a straight line, you should have no pain in your low back while doing so. The biggest mistake here is not activating your glutes, squeeze them as if your life depended on it.
ThickassGlasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #14
Bandito
NBA Role Player
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 13,672
Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba
Firstly if you want a 6 pack of abs. Your going to have to go on a healthy diet all week round not just 5-6 days per week. Those "drugs" you buy from supplement stores usually will never work and I'd only ever recommend to someone for "bodybuilding competitions."
Your healthy diet is going to have to include a reduction in carbohydrates, and eating more protein to really reduce the fat you don't want around your belly.

Going from 159-200 pounds in a year is a ridiculous feat, that's almost 0.5 pound per week. However at 200 I still don't believe you need to lost weight. That's what? 88 kg, im currently at 220 pounds at 6'2 with a 32 inch waist and at most I need to lose 3-4 kilograms of body fat (just because im a personal trainer does not mean i'm perfect by any means)

Secondly the exercises your currently doing has a lot to do with if you get a 6 pack or not as well. Your rest breaks should be minimal. 45-60 seconds. Don't stick strictly to crunches or leg raises. That won't really push your abs out. What you want are:

Mountain Climbers 3 sets 45-60 seconds
Plank 3 sets 45-60 seconds
Hanging leg raises 4 sets 15-20 (weight 8-10)

Switch to a Tabata style of training if you get bored. This is 8 sets 20 seconds on 10 seconds off. 4 minutes in total to complete. This is a great way to keep the heart rate up for an excellent workout.

Hope I've helped answer your question today.
I'll try those exercises. I need to change my routine anyways, I am getting kind of bored.

About my diet, that's going to be impossible
I like food too much but thanks for the info. I will try to eat more proteins and less carbs (which isn't that hard at all) ; but to do it everyday? I need a day to just go crazy on food if not I will probably be a very depressed man but with a 6 pack.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,953
Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My official first fitness commercial

That's an inspirational video. Loved the music, too.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy