Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Now, I understand why parents cry!

...when they see you off to school for the first time.
This morning, my daughter (28 months old) went to day-care for the first time. It's a full-day day care because my wife is a full-time student (and part-time bartender) and I have a full-time job. So she's there from 8 to 6pm every day.

It was so hard for me to let her go!!!
She looked so puzzled and sad, and it didn't help that she started crying as I was leaving. But I totally snuck back in to see how she was doing 2 minutes later before I completely left. And she was playing with other kids already.

Still, this morning was really tough.
All morning I've been thinking about how she's doing.

Any other parents feel my pain in here?
And yeah, I totally had a few tears as I was leaving...
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst has decent reputationriseagainst has decent reputation
Default Re: Now, I understand why parents cry!

I don't know that feeling of seeing your child leave your side, even for just 6-8 hours. But from reading your post I can somehow telepathically relate.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
...when they see you off to school for the first time.
This morning, my daughter (28 months old) went to day-care for the first time. It's a full-day day care because my wife is a full-time student (and part-time bartender) and I have a full-time job. So she's there from 8 to 6pm every day.

It was so hard for me to let her go!!!
She looked so puzzled and sad, and it didn't help that she started crying as I was leaving. But I totally snuck back in to see how she was doing 2 minutes later before I completely left. And she was playing with other kids already.

Still, this morning was really tough.
All morning I've been thinking about how she's doing.

Any other parents feel my pain in here?
And yeah, I totally had a few tears as I was leaving...

And you'll cry again when it's kindergarten and again when they sing in the school play or hit their first t-ball and run for 1st base, repeat and rinse all through their days.

I have 3 and it's never become mundane watching them reach their milestones of life.

kind of off topic but this morning I was at Starbucks there was a mother in front of me and her 2 year old was smiling and waving at me, batting her eyes ... cracked me up and the mother never knew what was going on and it made me realize how much of our children's lives we miss. it's like you think you know everything even a baby is doing but in reality they have this whole little secret world only experienced by them
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
And you'll cry again when it's kindergarten and again when they sing in the school play or hit their first t-ball and run for 1st base, repeat and rinse all through their days.

I have 3 and it's never become mundane watching them reach their milestones of life.

kind of off topic but this morning I was at Starbucks there was a mother in front of me and her 2 year old was smiling and waving at me, batting her eyes ... cracked me up and the mother never knew what was going on and it made me realize how much of our children's lives we miss. it's like you think you know everything even a baby is doing but in reality they have this whole little secret world only experienced by them

If you made this post on facebook, I would have clicked "like".
Glad to know there are other parents on this forum besides me, although from your post I can tell you're a bit older then me (unless your 3 kids are young). But since you spoke about other milestones, I'm assuming they're older...

Old 08-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
If you made this post on facebook, I would have clicked "like".
Glad to know there are other parents on this forum besides me, although from your post I can tell you're a bit older then me (unless your 3 kids are young). But since you spoke about other milestones, I'm assuming they're older...

yep, high school middle school and 3rd grade. I was fairly young (too young) when the first one came along but you learn a lot about being an adult real quick...lol
Old 08-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
nathanjizzle
Banned

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

shes in daycare for 10 hours a day? you dont think shes going to feel abandoned?
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wait till she starts dating
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
shes in daycare for 10 hours a day? you dont think shes going to feel abandoned?

Well, I work till at least 5 and my wife works at a restaurant 3 days a week (Mon, Tue & Fri) from 4-11. She has classes from 2-5 the other two days, so 6 is when we can pick her up.

Don't make me feel any more guilty then I already am asshole.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
For about the first 30 seconds after drop off. then it's play time!

True story, my youngest cried her eye's out the first day of kindergarten, second day some tears but you knew she'd be OK third day "bye dad"

Last day of kindergarten before summer vacation I pick her up, we're walking to the car and I hear *sniff. Look down she crying because she already misses school. Turned into a complete blubber fest for the next 20 minutes, kid was beside herself was completely devastated by her impending summer vacation

Took her a full 2 days to calm down she loved school and her teacher that much. She's still loves it that much, this year she had her backpack ready to a month before school started
Old 08-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

True story, my youngest cried her eye's out the first day of kindergarten, second day some tears but you knew she'd be OK third day "bye dad"

Last day of kindergarten before summer vacation I pick her up, we're walking to the car and I hear *sniff. Look down she crying because she already misses school. Turned into a complete blubber fest for the next 20 minutes, kid was beside herself was completely devastated by her impending summer vacation

Took her a full 2 days to calm down she loved school and her teacher that much. She's still loves it that much, this year she had her backpack ready to a month before school started

Wow, you have no idea how much this post cheered me up.
Thanks bro!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Who leaves their child in day care for that long? I know most times both parents work but that is a lot of hours to be in a day care. This is the most important time in her life too. She would technically be longer at the day care than she is at home.

The people at the day care are technically more like her parents than you. In regards to teaching, talking and playing with them.

That New York minute eh? They can be in day care long but at the age of 2?

I don't know about this.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #13
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

I have a 21 month old girl at home, and I don't think I could of done what you did. I know you had no choice, but man that must of been tough.

Luckily for me I have a stay at home mother in-law that watches my kid while we're at work.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

Glad you waited till Kindergarten to leave her. I think at 2, it's very early to leave them.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I have a 21 month old girl at home, and I don't think I could of done what you did. I know you had no choice, but man that must of been tough.

Luckily for me I have a stay at home mother in-law that watches my kid while we're at work.

this.

Most couple or people of our age group have in-laws/parents to watch. Leaving a kid in daycare at 2?

My buddy needed help scouting and screening daycare providers and you would never believe the crap I see. I would not trust any of them. If you are going to take your kids to daycare make sure it's a bigger and more established one. It may be pricey but well worth it. Considering what I have seen out there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: