Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #16
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: the world, america, and black people

PRAISE THE LAWD!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

THESE DAMN HONKIES BE TAKING ARE LAND AND TAKING ARE JOBSSSS!!!!

TAKE ER JERBSSSSSS!!!!1

DERRR DERR DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #17
BasedTom
Wealth Beyond Measure

BasedTom has an incredible reputation hereBasedTom has an incredible reputation hereBasedTom has an incredible reputation hereBasedTom has an incredible reputation hereBasedTom has an incredible reputation hereBasedTom has an incredible reputation hereBasedTom has an incredible reputation hereBasedTom has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelo_Griffin
Op, Google Liberia. Basically the US created the country to send a bunch of former slaves back to Africa. Then those former slaves used the same slave system, used by the American white men of US, to enslave the native African people of the area .. Its considered the shittiest country in the world.. Literally, people have to shit in the sand in the beach because they dont have sewers.
Yep, it's a pretty sad state of affairs over there . But at least General Butt-Naked seems to have turned his life around. I actually think Haiti is the worst country in the world, but that's just my personal opinion.

Why not colonize the Sahara or Darien Gap? It's 2013, we could fly in people and supplies and provide support for them until they manage to fully support themselves.

What about building some sort of structure like the principality of Sealand (look it up) off the coasts?
BasedTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #18
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
to my fellow black posters, do you ever consider the fact that we're the only ones on this planet without a homeland? if this planet got a bit too goofy and decided to repeat world war 2 or merely just adolf's adventures, but this time pushing everyone back to their root country or be killed off for not leaving, black people (of n.america) would be doomed. there is no part of africa in which the black american is all that liked, not to mention why would you go back to the very people that sold you off in the first place (and was upset when the slave trade over here slowed down)? you wouldn't. everyone else has a homeland to run back to, but we do not. even if we could go to africa, we'd still be under the thumb of the rest of the world.

our current residence isn't even a country, as the united states is a world trading post. this is wal mart. no one can call this country home; anyone that could is all but killed off. this is the source of the world to trade goods, and that is really all its purpose was ever meant to be, hence why we sold out so easily on producing anything other than arms and consumers (yes, america has all but perfected creating consumers).

people are just as racist as they ever were. we've just got a lot more incentive to be tight lipped about it, but as long the sentiment remains, so shall the seeds for such a hallow hate. Obama is a lot more african than he is black american, which does reflect on how so far he hasn't appeared to be a black president. nothing about his time in office makes me feel he's behaved in any manner than a white president wouldn't. he's african, and he didn't grow up in the same environments that the same black who voted for him somehow thinks he can relate to them about, just because his skin is darker.

idk...i'm just wondering what we're going to do. black americans are a product of a market. we aren't looked at as citizens or equal around the world, but as slaves, even today; still bleeding over whips and chains, just now we're too stupid to not believe everyone else who tells we look great just as we are, don't strive for too much.

you would think all these rich ass athletes would put their money together and try to cut out our own piece of land. that is what should have happen when slavery was abolished in the US, they should have worked something out we're all the newly free black people we're sent to their own version of puerto rico or something. it works out, because technically the slaves we're purchased, it was business, and there was no obligation to share the land with the slaves once our morality caught up to us. because this relationship isn't going to work. being a black american is a reminder of the stain on united state's history. i just can't imagine america, black people, and the world ever getting over that when looking at a black person.
I'm a white dude and this post hurts... I could imagine how pissed some of your fellow African Americans must feel towards you after you've expressed how low you think of them. I would try and talk to someone about your view points, someone professional. For the first time...I think I've been mind fucked....I really don't know what to say... I hope one day you can embrace yourself as an American, and more importantly embrace your fellow Americans, African and otherwise.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #19
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
to my fellow black posters, do you ever consider the fact that we're the only ones on this planet without a homeland? if this planet got a bit too goofy and decided to repeat world war 2 or merely just adolf's adventures, but this time pushing everyone back to their root country or be killed off for not leaving, black people (of n.america) would be doomed. there is no part of africa in which the black american is all that liked, not to mention why would you go back to the very people that sold you off in the first place (and was upset when the slave trade over here slowed down)? you wouldn't. everyone else has a homeland to run back to, but we do not. even if we could go to africa, we'd still be under the thumb of the rest of the world.

If you are an American citizen you are American. Dont let a vocal minority convince you that the country is extremely racist. many white people 30 or younger dont think about race much at all. I know that Obama being elected isnt the end all be all, but it does prove that in a country where black Americans are less than 13% of the population, more than 52% of the population is voted for being lead by a Black person and I am pretty sure not everyone who voted GOP did so for racial reasons.

Quote:
our current residence isn't even a country, as the united states is a world trading post. this is wal mart. no one can call this country home; anyone that could is all but killed off. this is the source of the world to trade goods, and that is really all its purpose was ever meant to be, hence why we sold out so easily on producing anything other than arms and consumers (yes, america has all but perfected creating consumers).

This is the first time I have heard it claimed the United States of America was not a nation state. We have lost a lot of our manufacturing but that doesnt make us a non-country. Honestly if you dont consider America a country what do you consider a country? I mean our nationhood is recognized by every single country on earth. Its not like we are Taiwan or Kosovo.

I don't believe any of our core territory is disputed either, Eg, Even a nation like China has numerous disputes about the precise location of its borders with its neighbors.

Quote:
people are just as racist as they ever were. we've just got a lot more incentive to be tight lipped about it, but as long the sentiment remains, so shall the seeds for such a hallow hate. Obama is a lot more african than he is black american, which does reflect on how so far he hasn't appeared to be a black president. nothing about his time in office makes me feel he's behaved in any manner than a white president wouldn't. he's african, and he didn't grow up in the same environments that the same black who voted for him somehow thinks he can relate to them about, just because his skin is darker.

The bolded is a contradictory statement. The pure fact that nowadays there is strong societal pressure against racism shows how far we have come as a nation in regards to race relations. There was a time where not being a racist was the politically incorrect and controversial position. Nowadays racists are looked down upon. Even the appearance of possible racism is at least indirectly punished/criticised. Eg. workplaces with little diversity.

Quote:
idk...i'm just wondering what we're going to do. black americans are a product of a market. we aren't looked at as citizens or equal around the world, but as slaves, even today; still bleeding over whips and chains, just now we're too stupid to not believe everyone else who tells we look great just as we are, don't strive for too much.

you would think all these rich ass athletes would put their money together and try to cut out our own piece of land. that is what should have happen when slavery was abolished in the US, they should have worked something out we're all the newly free black people we're sent to their own version of puerto rico or something. it works out, because technically the slaves we're purchased, it was business, and there was no obligation to share the land with the slaves once our morality caught up to us. because this relationship isn't going to work. being a black american is a reminder of the stain on united state's history. i just can't imagine america, black people, and the world ever getting over that when looking at a black person.

I dont want to be rude, but I think you are just making a lot of excuses.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #20
HomieWeMajor
PM me to buy rep

HomieWeMajor is popular on this boardHomieWeMajor is popular on this boardHomieWeMajor is popular on this boardHomieWeMajor is popular on this board

My Homeland is inside some white pussay
HomieWeMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #21
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
As a black man, you should know brothas can't read that much. Narrow those 5 long paragraphs into three or four sentences.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #22
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
but the remaining majority will just meet the worst kinds of doom

What kind of monsters are we talking about here?
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #23
Patrick Chewing
Liberalism = Insanity

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

another ****ing idiot
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #24
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Immortal Bum has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
I'm a white dude and this post hurts... I could imagine how pissed some of your fellow African Americans must feel towards you after you've expressed how low you think of them. I would try and talk to someone about your view points, someone professional. For the first time...I think I've been mind fucked....I really don't know what to say... I hope one day you can embrace yourself as an American, and more importantly embrace your fellow Americans, African and otherwise.

what? where am i thinking low of black people? its me thinking in our favor that i wish we would wise up to the reality that we don't have a place on this planet, and we need to start building something.

i just don't know how a lot of people (some replying here) can act like this world (let alone the US) is on a fast track to the perception of black americans not being one that is automatically negative. we're 7% of the population yet somehow 100% of the problems? i know they have the media to 'prove' it, but i just can't shake that this game will forever be rigged. and if that's the case, i really wish there was a home country i could return to when the US finally commits to being world wal mart, and in order to gain citizenship you need to own a business.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #25
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

We got the biggest d1cks.

We'll be aight.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #26
HeatFanSince88
I hit open 5-footers

HeatFanSince88 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHeatFanSince88 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Go back to Africa.

Oh wait, they wont have anyone to leech off of there. Forgot that theres no europeans/asians to create a developed society.
HeatFanSince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:55 AM   #27
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
what? where am i thinking low of black people? its me thinking in our favor that i wish we would wise up to the reality that we don't have a place on this planet, and we need to start building something.

i just don't know how a lot of people (some replying here) can act like this world (let alone the US) is on a fast track to the perception of black americans not being one that is automatically negative. we're 7% of the population yet somehow 100% of the problems? i know they have the media to 'prove' it, but i just can't shake that this game will forever be rigged. and if that's the case, i really wish there was a home country i could return to when the US finally commits to being world wal mart, and in order to gain citizenship you need to own a business.
To me it sounds like you're calling every African American a non American or "unreal" American citizen, maybe I read that wrong, but even me as a white dude, if someone told me I wasn't an American citizen, I would be a little upset at that. I love my country and I love her citizens, in the grand scheme of things, it's "us" against the rest of the world... When something goes wrong, we all have each other to fall back on.. The part about not sleeping with an African "American" was a bit confusing to me also, it almost sounded like a hint of racism, like you were racist against her because she was a black American.. I'm not sure if that doesn't open up some worm hole in the universe or something, I don't know if its possible for an African American to be racist towards another African American.. I don't know... Maybe it works if your just racist towards her because of her "American" part..

I'm wondering honestly if your confusing maybe some of the way Americans are bickering back and fourth about immigration and the needed immigration reform with some sort of hate for African Americans? If maybe that has something to do with it, I can tell you its never been about black immigrants, more about illegal Mexican and Canadians.

Could you maybe fill me in on some of the point I touched on?
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:41 AM   #28
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
i hate it too, but i worry that we aren't going to see something like this coming.

An evil empire taking over the world and demanding people return to their "homelands" (because Africa isn't everyones homeland )...... Yeah I think there might be some warning signs.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:06 AM   #29
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Immortal Bum has not been impressing people

Quote:
To me it sounds like you're calling every African American a non American or "unreal" American citizen, maybe I read that wrong, but even me as a white dude, if someone told me I wasn't an American citizen, I would be a little upset at that. I love my country and I love her citizens, in the grand scheme of things, it's "us" against the rest of the world... When something goes wrong, we all have each other to fall back on.. The part about not sleeping with an African "American" was a bit confusing to me also, it almost sounded like a hint of racism, like you were racist against her because she was a black American.. I'm not sure if that doesn't open up some worm hole in the universe or something, I don't know if its possible for an African American to be racist towards another African American.. I don't know... Maybe it works if your just racist towards her because of her "American" part..

well if citizenship was related to who helped build this place, then black americans could definitely say we're citizens. but i don't trust my government to not try and take away my citizenship. what do i do if that time comes? simply go over to another country that views black americans as negatively as america? i'm going to do my best go further and life and if i get the opportunity to help with such a project, one that has black americans carving out their own place on the planet.

regarding the black american women thing; its not a matter of not sleeping with them, no. i'm talking about if i was in a position to think that if the race of my children would dictate the quality of their or even prevent them from harm (like the government taking away their citizenship), i want them to have another homeland they can go to and actually have blood ties to it and not have to put up with anyone saying they don't belong. black americans came here in chains, its too easy for people to treat us like we don't belong.

Quote:
I'm wondering honestly if your confusing maybe some of the way Americans are bickering back and fourth about immigration and the needed immigration reform with some sort of hate for African Americans? If maybe that has something to do with it, I can tell you its never been about black immigrants, more about illegal Mexican and Canadians.

Could you maybe fill me in on some of the point I touched on?

remember, i'm not saying african americans. black americans (yes of african descent, but there is a difference). african americans are in the same boat as someone who is japanese american. the black american is in a very weird middle of the world where technically they are immigrants (but no more than their white neighbors), but this is very much our home country too, but because we don't control anything, own much of anything, its almost like we have no foundation to stand on in a country we're calling our home. foundation seems necessary.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #30
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

red1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: