Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 08-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Default Bobcats' Training Camp

James Southerland Signing Camp Deal With Bobcats

Quote:
Undrafted free agent James Southerland has reached agreement to sign a straight training camp deal with the Charlotte Bobcats, a league source told RealGM.
Southerland, a 6-foot-8 forward, played for the Golden State Warriors in the Las Vegas summer league and averaged 11.6 minutes and four points. He’s among the best shooters in the crop of incoming rookies.
Southerland had also considered overseas options before agreeing to a non-guaranteed camp deal.
Southerland, 23, spent four years at Syracuse University, averaging 13.3 points in his senior season.

DraftExpress vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wo5kr40Bg_c
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: Bobcats' Training Camp

Does he stand a chance? If I'm not mistaken the Cats only have 1 open roster spot.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Does he stand a chance? If I'm not mistaken the Cats only have 1 open roster spot.

Eh, I kind of doubt it. He does bring our biggest weakness/position, but from what I've read that's all he does. Poor man's Matt Carroll maybe?

Ya never know tho.

BTW, we can still free up another spot because Adrien isn't guaranteed for next season as of yet.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

http://www.nba.com/draft/2013/prospe...s-southerland/

I'm revising my thinking...Southerland might really have a shot to make the team.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

RufusPaul--you going to the preseason Greensboro game?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady

I think it'd be great if rufdawg could go ... but the Queen city up to Greensboro is a bit of a drive, but at this point at least me, Wicked and Spec will be seeing our 'Cats up close and personal in action! I know it's only pre-season but I have a good feeling about our squad going forward. It's still going to take some time for us to earn our spot, but if we can gel as expected, young talent emerge into rock solid pieces, I think in a good couple seasons we can breakthrough and FINALLY become a consistent WINNING franchise. Man, that sounds nice!

Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
I think it'd be great if rufdawg could go ... but the Queen city up to Greensboro is a bit of a drive, but at this point at least me, Wicked and Spec will be seeing our 'Cats up close and personal in action! I know it's only pre-season but I have a good feeling about our squad going forward. It's still going to take some time for us to earn our spot, but if we can gel as expected, young talent emerge into rock solid pieces, I think in a good couple seasons we can breakthrough and FINALLY become a consistent WINNING franchise. Man, that sounds nice!

I'm in W-S and I drive to Charlotte all the time for games and other things. But it''ll be great to only have to drive to G'boro this time. Spectre and his son and myself and The Legend of Josh will be there. I forget where our seats are but we've posted that info elsewhere in this forum. Share your info and we all can make a plan to meet ahead of time.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady

Out of state that weekend. Hope you guys have a great time and post some pics!
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Alex Kennedy: NBA veteran Patrick O'Bryant will be going to training camp with the Charlotte Bobcats, according to source close to the situation. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

H: 7' 0"
W: 249 lbs
Bday: 06/22/1986
(27 Years Old)
Current: C
NBA: C
Possible: C
Agent: Andy Miller
High School: Blaine
Hometown: Blaine, MN
Drafted: Pick 9 in 2006 by Warriors
Best Case: Chris Kaman
Worst Case: Michael Olowakandi

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2f9RWseEt
http://www.draftexpress.com
Old 09-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

Bobcats Sports & Entertainment announced today that the Charlotte Bobcats will return to UNC Asheville’s Kimmel Arena for their training camps in 2013 and 2014. This year’s training camp will begin on Tuesday, Oct. 1. Prior to training camp, the team will hold Media Day on Monday, Sept. 30, at Time Warner Cable Arena.

“We had great success with our training camp at UNC Asheville last year,” said Bobcats President of Basketball Operations Rod Higgins. "As we anticipated, it was a perfect venue for us, and we are excited to have the opportunity to go back to Kimmel Arena this season and next season.”

Kimmel Arena, which opened in November 2011, is home to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs men’s and women’s basketball teams. The arena is located in the Wilma M. Sherrill Center and has a capacity of over 3,200 for basketball. The multipurpose facility has hosted over 100,000 guests since its opening, and offers the modern amenities fans, players, and coaches expect, including wide concourses with views of the court, large video boards, intimate and comfortable seating and outstanding training facilities.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: