Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
hookul
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 250
hookul has decent reputationhookul has decent reputation
Default Seasickness is a pain in the ass

Ok, so I booked a scuba diving course and was ready to do the first lessons, nothing special, just a 5yard drop to the ocean floor with some safety exercises and to see if I like it.

Well, we go out to the sea - medium waves, maxium 2-3 feet high...and damn...I get a weird feeling. 1 minute later and we are at the diving point, the boat stops and BANG...full blown seasickness sets in. My fingers cramp up, I am disoriented and sick and just want to die. I honestly never had a worse feeling in the world.

Obviously, I cannot dive. But the worse part is that of course they are not going back at this timepoint just for me - they do the course for the others now...so it's 40min waiting time for me in a boat that causes the seasickness in the first place. Pure agony! I puke over the boat, my legs cramp up and I practically just am there sitting like an embryo and waiting for my life to end. Finally we go back and it's now 4h and a 2h sleep after this but I still feel sick.

Anyone had this before. Is there anything to do to avoid it the next time (there are pills I know but apparently you are not supposed to take them when going scuba diving).
hookul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Raymone
The Chosen King
 
Raymone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,271
Raymone has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Seasickness is a pain in the ass

Are you black?
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
hookul
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 250
hookul has decent reputationhookul has decent reputation
Default Re: Seasickness is a pain in the ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
Are you black?

Nope
hookul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,502
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Seasickness is a pain in the ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookul
Ok, so I booked a scuba diving course and was ready to do the first lessons, nothing special, just a 5yard drop to the ocean floor with some safety exercises and to see if I like it.

Well, we go out to the sea - medium waves, maxium 2-3 feet high...and damn...I get a weird feeling. 1 minute later and we are at the diving point, the boat stops and BANG...full blown seasickness sets in. My fingers cramp up, I am disoriented and sick and just want to die. I honestly never had a worse feeling in the world.

Obviously, I cannot dive. But the worse part is that of course they are not going back at this timepoint just for me - they do the course for the others now...so it's 40min waiting time for me in a boat that causes the seasickness in the first place. Pure agony! I puke over the boat, my legs cramp up and I practically just am there sitting like an embryo and waiting for my life to end. Finally we go back and it's now 4h and a 2h sleep after this but I still feel sick.

Anyone had this before. Is there anything to do to avoid it the next time (there are pills I know but apparently you are not supposed to take them when going scuba diving).


I was on a trip with some females and some friends to St Maarten and the females got sick.. We did some scuba diving and swam in this Lagoon on the French side..

I avoided sea sickness by sittin in the back of the boat.. some of females spent the whole day in the bathroom throwing up their whole day was ruined
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,139
iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Seasickness is a pain in the ass

This is the answer to your problem:



Take it before going out to sea = no more seasickness
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
hookul
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 250
hookul has decent reputationhookul has decent reputation
Default Re: Seasickness is a pain in the ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
This is the answer to your problem:



Take it before going out to sea = no more seasickness

I might have to try those if they are okay to combine them with a dive. HAve you tried them yourself?

This sickness feeling was just the worst, not only vomitting, also that I lost control over my body, it felt like the whole body was asleep and that I lost all feeling in the extremities.
hookul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
Peteballa
Go Gators
 
Peteballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 2,418
Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Seasickness is a pain in the ass

Seasickness is horrible. I can't stand it, those who've never had it (a few of my friends) act like I'm being a bitch when I tell them I'm feeling sick while we're on the boat. It blows.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
hookul
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 250
hookul has decent reputationhookul has decent reputation
Default Re: Seasickness is a pain in the ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
Seasickness is horrible. I can't stand it, those who've never had it (a few of my friends) act like I'm being a bitch when I tell them I'm feeling sick while we're on the boat. It blows.

Yep, it's hard to describe when you never had it. There are obviously different intensities...but the one I experienced today - if you want to punish someone, like because he robbed house, don't give him 5 years of jail. Give him 1 months uninterrupted sickness like that and he will never do it again. Also for child rapist, etc....don't put them into jail for life or give them the death sentence...if you're out to punish him and wish him the worst, have him have this feeling for the next 50 years of his life.
hookul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
T-Time3
always Showtime
 
T-Time3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: isiah's office
Posts: 674
T-Time3 has decent reputation
Default Re: Seasickness is a pain in the ass

Indeed It Is
T-Time3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy