Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
hookul
I hit open 5-footers

hookul has decent reputationhookul has decent reputation
Default Seasickness is a pain in the ass

Ok, so I booked a scuba diving course and was ready to do the first lessons, nothing special, just a 5yard drop to the ocean floor with some safety exercises and to see if I like it.

Well, we go out to the sea - medium waves, maxium 2-3 feet high...and damn...I get a weird feeling. 1 minute later and we are at the diving point, the boat stops and BANG...full blown seasickness sets in. My fingers cramp up, I am disoriented and sick and just want to die. I honestly never had a worse feeling in the world.

Obviously, I cannot dive. But the worse part is that of course they are not going back at this timepoint just for me - they do the course for the others now...so it's 40min waiting time for me in a boat that causes the seasickness in the first place. Pure agony! I puke over the boat, my legs cramp up and I practically just am there sitting like an embryo and waiting for my life to end. Finally we go back and it's now 4h and a 2h sleep after this but I still feel sick.

Anyone had this before. Is there anything to do to avoid it the next time (there are pills I know but apparently you are not supposed to take them when going scuba diving).
hookul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Seasickness is a pain in the ass

Are you black?
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
hookul
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
Are you black?

Nope
Old 08-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookul
Ok, so I booked a scuba diving course and was ready to do the first lessons, nothing special, just a 5yard drop to the ocean floor with some safety exercises and to see if I like it.

Well, we go out to the sea - medium waves, maxium 2-3 feet high...and damn...I get a weird feeling. 1 minute later and we are at the diving point, the boat stops and BANG...full blown seasickness sets in. My fingers cramp up, I am disoriented and sick and just want to die. I honestly never had a worse feeling in the world.

Obviously, I cannot dive. But the worse part is that of course they are not going back at this timepoint just for me - they do the course for the others now...so it's 40min waiting time for me in a boat that causes the seasickness in the first place. Pure agony! I puke over the boat, my legs cramp up and I practically just am there sitting like an embryo and waiting for my life to end. Finally we go back and it's now 4h and a 2h sleep after this but I still feel sick.

Anyone had this before. Is there anything to do to avoid it the next time (there are pills I know but apparently you are not supposed to take them when going scuba diving).

I was on a trip with some females and some friends to St Maarten and the females got sick.. We did some scuba diving and swam in this Lagoon on the French side..

I avoided sea sickness by sittin in the back of the boat.. some of females spent the whole day in the bathroom throwing up their whole day was ruined
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

This is the answer to your problem:

Take it before going out to sea = no more seasickness
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
hookul
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
This is the answer to your problem:

Take it before going out to sea = no more seasickness

I might have to try those if they are okay to combine them with a dive. HAve you tried them yourself?

This sickness feeling was just the worst, not only vomitting, also that I lost control over my body, it felt like the whole body was asleep and that I lost all feeling in the extremities.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster

Seasickness is horrible. I can't stand it, those who've never had it (a few of my friends) act like I'm being a bitch when I tell them I'm feeling sick while we're on the boat. It blows.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
hookul
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
Seasickness is horrible. I can't stand it, those who've never had it (a few of my friends) act like I'm being a bitch when I tell them I'm feeling sick while we're on the boat. It blows.

Yep, it's hard to describe when you never had it. There are obviously different intensities...but the one I experienced today - if you want to punish someone, like because he robbed house, don't give him 5 years of jail. Give him 1 months uninterrupted sickness like that and he will never do it again. Also for child rapist, etc....don't put them into jail for life or give them the death sentence...if you're out to punish him and wish him the worst, have him have this feeling for the next 50 years of his life.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
T-Time3
always Showtime

T-Time3 has decent reputation

Indeed It Is
T-Time3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: