Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default News from Nottingham: The Schizophrenia Switch has been found

this seems to be pretty big.

quick summary: if you're schizophrenic then you're just as healthy as the rest of us, except for your ability to smoothly switch from the inner world to the outer world... specifically from one brain region to another.

the sheriff of nottingham in this case seems to be a SINGLE GENE.

reported via discovery news, 2:45 in length:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6YE6BJVwtg

whether or not this ever gets 'solved' by a drug, there seems to be two remedies right here, right now: magnets and meditation!
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
dr.hee
Decent college freshman

dr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: News from Nottingham: The Schizophrenia Switch has been found

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
whether or not this ever gets 'solved' by a drug, there seems to be two remedies right here, right now: magnets and meditation!

dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Immortal Bum has not been impressing people

thanks for sharing. this is pretty damn big.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Insanity...magnets...MIRACLES.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Dear lord...
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

It was only a matter of time.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
treadster
Good High School Starter

treadster has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
treadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 AM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Interesting... I don't see how applicable that magnet thing is in day to day life but its cool. The meditation seems more realistic. For people with sever issues I don't k ow what to say... They are so into their own minds they can't decipher what is real. Part of me wonders if those people aren't just more tuned in though... Hyper sensitive to thoughts. I wonder if some ego death experiences wouldn't help some if these people though. I figure it would either help or freak them out to no end. One must accept the liberation of death though in order to accept that the mind is not all powerful.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:01 AM   #9
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.hee
My thoughts exactly.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #10
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Interesting... I don't see how applicable that magnet thing is in day to day life but its cool. The meditation seems more realistic. For people with sever issues I don't k ow what to say... They are so into their own minds they can't decipher what is real. Part of me wonders if those people aren't just more tuned in though... Hyper sensitive to thoughts. I wonder if some ego death experiences wouldn't help some if these people though. I figure it would either help or freak them out to no end. One must accept the liberation of death though in order to accept that the mind is not all powerful.
nice thoughts. i remember joseph campbell talking about schizophrenia being a common element among shamans. almost sounded like you canít become a shaman unless you have a full episode and manage to make it back out. something like that.

that ego death thing amongst schizophrenics is a fascinating issue... i am going to have to give that a lot of attention some day.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #11
dr.hee
Decent college freshman

dr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i remember joseph campbell talking about schizophrenia being a common element among shamans. almost sounded like you canít become a shaman unless you have a full episode and manage to make it back out. something like that.

I've seen a lecture on this topic, where a stanford neurosicentist is talking about schizotypal disorder as kind of an advantegeous trait to have in tribal communities for exactly this reason. He's making a similar case for OCD, pointing out repetitive rituals in many religions btw. Interesting stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwAQqWUkpI
Old 08-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #12
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember hearing on some talk show that schizo is caused by gluten. The journalist mentioned that a tribal region in south america where people mainly consumed corn instead of wheat, there were no recorded cases of schizo. I have no idea if true, havent looked for confirmation. Thought it was an interesting theory.
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #13
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I've seen a lecture on this topic, where a stanford neurosicentist is talking about schizotypal disorder as kind of an advantegeous trait to have in tribal communities for exactly this reason. He's making a similar case for OCD, pointing out repetitive rituals in many religions btw. Interesting stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwAQqWUkpI

I can attest that it is more boon than bane.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #14
dr.hee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
I can attest that it is more boon than bane.

English isn't my first language, never heard that phrase at all. Can you maybe explain what it means? Have no idea, lol.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #15
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
English isn't my first language, never heard that phrase at all. Can you maybe explain what it means? Have no idea, lol.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_Bane_and_boon
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: