Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 21,420
Default I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

Okay, so at the end of the month I'm going to buy another car. I've narrowed down the make and model, but I'm undecided on the color. I'm normally a blue guy. My current car is blue... but this particular car is offered in an orange color that I just can't stop thinking about. My gf thinks the orange is ugly... she doesn't want blue either though, she wants the desert khaki color (not happening).


Let me know what you think of the orange color. I'll probably end up getting the blue color, but something about the orange man I don't know.



http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/xv-crosstrek/index.html
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #2
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.



If it's not this car or perhaps a Challenger, I don't approve.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #3
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star
 
SpurrDurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,088
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

Subaru made his fourtune out of rally.

Colin Mcree won a rally championship with a blue Subaru Impreza, giving Subaru world recognition.

I'd go for the blue color if i were you.
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:41 AM   #4
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

I like the black or white the best. with blue being the number 1 alternative.

Im not feelin that particular shade of orange on that particular car. (although I generally like the color orange and I love subarus)

Ive never been a fan of orange cars..

.or red, cuz I heard statistically they get the most tickets cuz they are attention grabbers, I would guess itd be the same with orange as well.

Go with black or white IMO
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #5
flipogb
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,996
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

it depends on the car, and the car you are buying looks good in orange so I say go for it
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:43 AM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,674
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

i'd prefer to see you buy a green car, although at this point i'm unsure if they're really any better for the environment in the end. those batteries...

what do you need a second car for, anyway?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:44 AM   #7
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i'd prefer to see you buy a green car, although at this point i'm unsure if they're really any better for the environment in the end. those batteries...

what do you need a second car for, anyway?
When I buy a 6.0L V8 this week I'll be thinking of you. Right now I have 16 cylinders between my two vehicles. I might actually buy a little 200 horse John Deere diesel unit and throw it in the bed and idle it at 1500RPM day and night just for you.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:44 AM   #8
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"
 
CarlosBoozer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 6,788
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

Meh, looks too bright.
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:57 AM   #9
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star
 
COnDEMnED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,765
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

What is your current driving history? Tickets? Do you often drink at a bar then drive home when your that special kinda drunk where it makes you a better driver?

Orange is a pretty noticeable color, cops can definitely have an easier time spotting your habits with an orange car. They can easily tell how long you've been sitting at the bar.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #10
gigantes
A piece of fluff
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,674
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
When I buy a 6.0L V8 this week I'll be thinking of you. Right now I have 16 cylinders between my two vehicles. I might actually buy a little 200 horse John Deere diesel unit and throw it in the bed and idle it at 1500RPM day and night just for you.
hmm, why stop there?

you could collect as much used motor oil as you could and pour it into key public water sources. come to think of it, you could leave faucets running constantly and as many appliances switched on as your budget would reasonably allow.

you could also have fun driving around with cans of gasoline and setting fires in as many remote locations as possible... so they wouldn't catch you. also, when you're at the supermarket you could buy as much raid insect spray as possible and spray it around your neighbors homes and gardens, and again, at public places and in water supplies. ditto for as many carcinogenic compounds as you have lying around or can trashpick from behind auto-parts stores or whatever.

the possibilities are endless, johndeeregreen! just do exactly what we're already doing... just moreso. :D
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #11
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
hmm, why stop there?

you could collect as much used motor oil as you could and pour it into key public water sources. come to think of it, you could leave faucets running constantly and as many appliances switched on as your budget would reasonably allow.

you could also have fun driving around with cans of gasoline and setting fires in as many remote locations as possible... so they wouldn't catch you. also, when you're at the supermarket you could buy as much raid insect spray as possible and spray it around your neighbors homes and gardens, and again, at public places and in water supplies. ditto for as many carcinogenic compounds as you have lying around or can trashpick from behind auto-parts stores or whatever.

the possibilities are endless, johndeeregreen! just do exactly what we're already doing... just moreso.
I appreciate the suggestions, but I already do those things regularly. I'm not satisfied just doing my part, I'm looking to do more, goddammit.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #12
fiddy
HC4L
 
fiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 7,122
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

Orange vehicle, my first association is with garbage truck
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:42 AM   #13
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle
 
Graviton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,593
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

Orange Camaro with black rims is one of few instances when that color fits.

Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #14
Groovy Kat
I brick open layups
 
Groovy Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 100
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

I like it in orange. Probably what color I would choose for myself. I like to be unique.
Groovy Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #15
gigantes
A piece of fluff
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,674
Default Re: I'm seriously considering buying an orange car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I appreciate the suggestions, but I already do those things regularly. I'm not satisfied just doing my part, I'm looking to do more, goddammit.
good for you for trying to stand out from the pack.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy