Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #166
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Marshall Mathers LP 2,11-5-13

Mmlp 2? More like the recovery pt 2.

Slim shady isn't back... sorry.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #167
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numero 10
The album is good, not amazing, but imo naming it MMLP2 and not having similar or part two's of certain songs like Stan, Way I Am, marshal mathers, criminal, etc. was a mistake. He said he wouldn't be naming it MMLP2 if it didn't meet the standards of the previous. Comparing this to mmlp1, unfortunately it is a letdown. I think the biggest problem with Em these last two albums has been his choices in production/producers. He needs more DRE and Bass brothers. Too many singers on his hooks/chorus as of late too.
I agree on that, its like he gets some 2nd rate beats and thinks that with his skill he'll take them to the next level. And he does, but the songs could be so much better if he just used better beats.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #168
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I listened to the whole album today.

My favorite track is...

Beautiful Pain

...I worked out to this today for a couple of sets. I also like Bad Guy as well, especially after the five minute thirty second mark of the song.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #169
Numero 10
Pacers Fan est. 1998

Numero 10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
I agree on that, its like he gets some 2nd rate beats and thinks that with his skill he'll take them to the next level. And he does, but the songs could be so much better if he just used better beats.

I agree, his lyrics are rarely the problem, it's his beats that should be questioned. For example Bad Guy could've been crazy with a better beat, like something dark or gritty, and him doing the hook.
Numero 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #170
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numero 10
I agree, his lyrics are rarely the problem, it's his beats that should be questioned. For example Bad Guy could've been crazy with a better beat, like something dark or gritty, and him doing the hook.

I think he should have a song produced by Kanye.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #171
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

LongLiveTheKing is considered somewhat coolLongLiveTheKing is considered somewhat cool

Some songs are wack, but I really like the album.
Headlights >>>>
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #172
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Beautiful Pain and Love Game are solid... Grew on me, didn't like em first listen
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #173
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's growing on me. It shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the first mm cd but i can't say it's awful because it's really growing on me save a few songs.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #174
Numero 10
Pacers Fan est. 1998

Numero 10 has an OK reputation so far

for me, most songs can be put on repeat.only ones i skip are love game and monster and the desperation bonus track. other than that it's a solid album.
Numero 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #175
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I liked it, personally.

here's an interesting take........

Quote:
...The MMLP 2 is meant to remind us that he's still a presence in pop music even if he's no longer exactly present.

Even on a record that ostensibly revisits a moment when he was unquestionably at the center of youth culture, Eminem remains safely sequestered at an undisclosed location.

...Eminem is consciously hearkening back to the zeitgeist-iest period of his career at a time when his place in pop culture is curiously difficult to discern.

....I don't know if it was due to my low expectations after the 12-step drudgery of 2010's Recovery or my soft spot for byzantine rhymes spit over post–Hotel California cocaine-and-caviar arena rock, but The Marshall Mathers LP 2 worked shockingly well for me for long stretches at a time.

With a running time topping 78 minutes, LP 2 is thick with long, intermittently effective stretches.

...My favorite song by a mile, "So Far …," culminates with Eminem preemptively apologizing to "technology" for his bitching about the difficulty of downloading the new Ludacris song. Later he complains that he can't get a Kool-Aid stain out of his couch.
Quote:
...Eminem is the most nakedly self-obsessed pop star of the last 20 years.

Eminem's extreme solipsism has long been his privilege as rap's most prominent Caucasian. For reasons that are deeply unfair and yet readily apparent, he is not saddled with the same baggage as his superstar contemporaries.

However Eminem chooses to behave, his actions will not be imbued with a larger cultural meaning that's applicable to millions of people who vaguely resemble Eminem but aren't Eminem. If Eminem appears on national television with Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit and acts like a socially awkward pop star, he's perceived as a socially awkward pop star, not as a symbol for how the media addresses matters of race and class.

In the early '00s, Eminem deliberately trolled the media into depicting him as a public menace, but he also had the choice to back off. Now, nobody is examining Eminem's persona in order to understand modern society. Eminem signifies nothing other than himself.

Kanye West doesn't get the benefit of being perceived as an individual when he talks about sport-fukcing white women, nor does Jay Z when he runs through an inventory of his Basquiats. They represent something bigger, even when they're merely relating their own thoughts and experiences. This is a tremendous burden, but because Kanye and Jay have embraced that burden and chosen to incorporate it, their music has attained a richness that an infinitely more insular record like The MMLP 2 seems incapable of achieving.

If Eminem is no longer interested in connecting with modern pop culture — and the weird callouts to 'N Sync, the Backstreet Boys, Jerry Mathers, and Lorena Bobbitt in the album-closing "Evil Twin" strongly suggest that he's not — modern pop culture will not require him to do so against his will. He doesn't have to matter like that anymore.

It would be incorrect to suggest that Eminem is an irrelevant artist — in pop terms, he's outpaced saleswise by Adele but can still run with Taylor Swift. Also, he can still rap his ass off. (The polysyllabic pyrotechnics of "Rap God" might be empty exhibitionism, but what an exhibition!) But he now occupies the same place in culture as things like NCIS and the stealth summer blockbuster We're the Millers. He's hugely popular without being the least bit transcendent, a lonely artist who makes you feel alone for listening to him.link
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #176
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Bad Guy is pretty damn crazy
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #177
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board

i am disappointed in this album. thank you.
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #178
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Rap God is my favorite song.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #179
tomtucker
Suck it Bitch

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

he sounds too angry and yells the lyrics.........insted of using the good flow he used on previous albums..........i turned it off and put on some Shyne , much better
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #180
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
he sounds too angry and yells the lyrics.........insted of using the good flow he used on previous albums..........i turned it off and put on some Shyne , much better

I actually like the way he was angrily rapping his verses...it didn't seem forced or just for the sake of doing it like his last couple of albums. For the first time since MMLP, his Slim Shady alter ego seemed to come out, and it's like he loses control during a song and flips the switch from Eminem and Slim Shady. I really like the album, I'm ranking it as his third best behind the SSLP and MMLP. He went back to his roots....making music for people to listen to when they feel shitty about themselves And I love the Busta Rhymes-like flow on tracks like Rap God and Love Game. Evil Twin, Rap God, and Legacy are my 3 favorite tracks.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: