Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default How do you see the offseason so far? Scale of A B C D F (A best F fail)

Just based on the FO moves.

I do like the additions of Bargs and Beno and MWP.
The thing that has me breathe a sigh of relief is the team acutally added youth with Hardaway, Leslie, Tyler. To me those are significant moves that the front office actually has an eye for the future.

I would give the off season thus far about a B-. Bargs and Prigs acquisition/contract were unnecessary. Bargs annoys me the most it effects the future.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How do you see the offseason so far? Scale of A B C D F (A best F fail)

The only damper for me is Bargnani, otherwise I'm ok with the other moves.

The team is younger overall, which should help health-wise.

Imo, they did pretty much the best that was possible considering they had available.

I'll give them a B for that aspect.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How do you see the offseason so far? Scale of A B C D F (A best F fail)

I feel like a lot of things fell into our lap (MWP, Jason Kidd retiring), so we got better by default in some aspects. However, I think Grunwald was horrendous in every negotiation except for JR Smith (easy negotiation) and Beno Udrih. I think we all know how I feel about that Prigioni signing. I think it affected everything else we were able to do going forward. The Bargnani trade would be fine IMO if we didn't give up the draft picks. I just think Grunwald proved this summer, what I've been saying for over a year. He has zero negotiating skills. Ultimately though, I do think our roster is slightly better than it was last year. The only player of any worth we lost was Copeland ( ) I like Cope but I don't think we needed to give him what he got from Indy. Overall, I give Scumwald a C-. The Beno acquisition brought it up form a D+. That was a decent little move (my dad hates it lol).
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

B+
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

B

The Bargnani trade was an A

The beno and mwp signings were A's even if they just fell in you laps

The draft was a D. Might go up if Leslie becomes an nba player, but this should have been a draft where Knicks took a shot at a higher ceiling player than hardaway

Re signing JR is an A

Prigioni signing kept the team from signing one more above min wage salary player D

3.0 B , wait not trading chandler and not improving on Felton as starting pg= better call it a C overall. Still a good regular season team
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: