Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #166
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2013 FIBA Americas Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Wrong. The NBA rules are just very stupid. NBA goal tending rules are designed to help all the little Iverson, Thomas, Nash, Paul types of players and hinder the shot blockers.

NBA rules are incredibly stupid all around on goal tending.

Stern even himself admitted the FIBA rules on it are much better and make much more sense, but said the rules committee won't change them.

The NBA goal tending rules are STUPID. Players like Chris Paul drive and just throw the ball at the back board knowing they will get an auto 2 points almost every time if someone goes for a block.

It's just a very stupid rule in the NBA in how the refs call it.

You made a full post about how NBA goaltending rules are worse than FIBA's yet failed to give any examples why they actually are worse? You'd make a good politician. Would spend an hour lecturing on something without actually saying anything relavent to the topic.

Other than the fact, that you can't touch the ball when its still on the cylinder in NBA, what other differences are there?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #167
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
You made a full post about how NBA goaltending rules are worse than FIBA's yet failed to give any examples why they actually are worse? You'd make a good politician. Would spend an hour lecturing on something without actually saying anything relavent to the topic.

Other than the fact, that you can't touch the ball when its still on the cylinder in NBA, what other differences are there?

Politicians all have IQs below 80 and are all pathological liars. No, I would not make a good politician. No one that tells the truth and has an IQ over retard level would make a "good politician".

You obviously have a very warped view of reality. Now, gabepizza or Dr.J4ever........they would make GREAT politicians.

I explained it in the post. I am not explaining it again, since you don't even have the ability to grasp what you actually read, and also feel the need to make personal insults just because someone said the truth and that pisses you off.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #168
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Politicians all have IQs below 80 and are all pathological liars. No, I would not make a good politician. No one that tells the truth and has an IQ over retard level would make a "good politician".

You obviously have a very warped view of reality. Now, gabepizza or Dr.J4ever........they would make GREAT politicians.

I explained it in the post. I am not explaining it again, since you don't even have the ability to grasp what you actually read, and also feel the need to make personal insults just because someone said the truth and that pisses you off.
Only thing you said remotly relavent is this:

Quote:
The NBA goal tending rules are STUPID. Players like Chris Paul drive and just throw the ball at the back board knowing they will get an auto 2 points almost every time if someone goes for a block.

I'm pretty sure anyone watching the NBA (or basketball generally) can assure you that this is complete bullshit. No player is going for a shot thinking I'll just throw it up there, if someone tries to block it I'll get a goaltending call. What do you think the % of that kind of shots are? Basically what you say is an oppinion. Having one is perfectly okay even if its suspect at best.

I'm still waiting for you to list the differences between NBA and FIBA rules (except for the cylinder rule).
Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #169
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Only thing you said remotly relavent is this:

I'm pretty sure anyone watching the NBA (or basketball generally) can assure you that this is complete bullshit. No player is going for a shot thinking I'll just throw it up there, if someone tries to block it I'll get a goaltending call. What do you think the % of that kind of shots are? Basically what you say is an oppinion. Having one is perfectly okay even if its suspect at best.

I'm still waiting for you to list the differences between NBA and FIBA rules (except for the cylinder rule).

Another NBA only fan than pretends to be a European fan but is really just a FAKE European fan.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #170
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Hibbert is Jamaican? If he was on the team that could've been a different outcome. Thank god he wasn't there

Of course my dad told me that PR plays better when their backs against the wall so maybe if Jamaica had Hibbert they would've taken the game seriously from the start. From what I notice from this game is that PR perimeter defense is really good but their weakness is Inside defense as their only 7 footer is Daniel Santiago (played for the Suns and Bucks for a while) and he is playing injured. They won due to playing great perimeter D in the last couple of minutes but with that glaring weakness inside they can't be playing as stupid as they did this last game.

He's of Jamaican descent. He's an idiot with no loyalty. He suited up for Jamaica a few years ago thinking he had no chance of making Team USA. One all star appearance later and he's asking FIBA to allow him to represent the USA, which is never going to happen since he's represented Jamaica in an official senior competition.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #171
Rooster
National High School Star

Rooster has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro
The heck are you speaking?

I'm a brazilian and Brasil is far from being better off without Splitter and Barbosa.
Varejão is the biggest sorrow but Splitter and Barbosa would be a lot of help. We wouldn't being blowout by Canada, that's for sure.

I definitely agree. The last time Barbosa played in this tournament, he averaged 21 points on 55 percent shooting leading Brazil on bringing home the bacon.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #172
Alan
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Another NBA only fan than pretends to be a European fan but is really just a FAKE European fan.
I don't pretend to be anything.

Please, answer my question. What differences are there in goaltending rules between NBA and FIBA (except the cylinder)?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #173
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

why would someone fake being a f@ggot?

are they looking to get into the fashion business or something? Maybe to become a hairdresser?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #174
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
I definitely agree. The last time Barbosa played in this tournament, he averaged 21 points on 55 percent shooting leading Brazil on bringing home the bacon.

Players Brazil are missing...
Barbosa
Nene
Varejao
Splitter
Marquinhos

Huertas / Taylor / Neto
Barbosa / Benite
Alex / Marquinhos
Varejao / Giovannani
Nene / Splitter / Hettsheimer or Faverani

That team would have easily been a contender.

Same with Argentina, their players are old but this would have been a full strength roster:

Prigioni / Campazzo / Porta
Ginobili / Laprovittola
Delfino / Mata / Jasen
Nocioni / Mainoldi
Scola / Gutierrez

Last edited by Grinder : 09-03-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #175
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Barbosa
Nene
Varejao
Splitter
Marquinhos

Huertas / Taylor / Neto
Barbosa / Benite
Alex / Marquinhos
Varejao / Giovannani

I got them coming 20th in Eurobasket, between Sweden and Moldova.

Add Spanoullis to the team and we can discuss a gold medal.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #176
Rooster

Quote:
The guy saying that is a troll.

You are a TROLL.

The players Brazil actually misses are guys like Varejao, Nene, Vinicius, Machado...those are the kinds of players Brazil ACTUALLY misses.

Splitter and Barbosa don't do much of anything at all to help them.

Of course, you LYING TROLLS are trying to spin this to only Barbosa and Splitter are not playing. Because you are LIARS.

The funny thing is seeing you clown trolls go on and on about Brazil struggling without a couple players. The SAME freaking LIARS that will spend years on this forum claiming Brazil is better than almost any team in Europe.

Even in this very thread clown gabepizza is claiming Brazil is better than any European team other than Spain and that they are top 3-5 in the world.

And you same clowns will claim here hundreds of times Brazil is "vastly superior to Greece".

You people are so sick in the head that no words can properly describe it. European teams will often have 4-5 absences every summer.

Hell, Greece will have 5-8 of their best players missing EVERY SINGLE SUMMER. Greece could win this tournament undefeated with half of their best players missing.

Yet you lying scumbags will claim teams like Brazil and Argentina are better than the top European teams. Look at Argentina....they just have 4-5 players missing and they become an absolute scrub team.

A team that could not get past top 17-18 in EuroBasket.

And here in this very thread we see gabepizza saying that Argentina is 3rd best team in the world and anyone saying differently is nuts, a liar, a troll, and then the a-hole trolls like you come in and back up those absurd claims.

This Americas tournament is an absolute joke/ Lower level than the AfroBasket was. It also proves how far below these teams like Brazil and Argentina are than the top 8 teams in Europe.

Because the top 8 teams in Europe could have more absences than these teams and would win this same tournament without a single loss.

Teams like Bosnia, Latvia, Georgia, Israel, Poland would destroy this Americas Tournament.

But we will get 500 posts from gabepizza explaining the "facts" and "proof" of how all these Americas teams are better, and anyone disagreeing is insane, and then all the sycophant nuts like you will join in to agree and somehow try to make it seem like this delusional lunatic stuff you are claiming is somehow true.

It is unbelievable seeing hundreds of posts from you clowns about how "Greece is clearly much worse than teams like Argentina or Brazil"......

Amazing when Greece has like 5 of its best players at least missing every tournament. But oh yeah, according to you morons Brazil is "clearly better" and also missed two players and suddenly cannot win games against crap POS teams.

You are below average intelligence even for retarded people.

Argentina is 3rd best team in the world.................

You are a complete joke and a troll.

Argentina is clearly barely even in a top 15 team in the world. They miss like 4 or 5 players and they turned into a complete joke team that could not even win a medal at the AfroBasket.

LMFAO at the ludicrous notions of these teams like Argentina and Brazil being better than Lithuania, Greece, France, etc.

You people are seriously mentally deranged.

There is a big difference

Between missing minor leaguers

And missing NBA players

Results does not lie

You can lie
Old 09-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #177
Rooster

Quote:
Barbosa
Nene
Varejao
Splitter
Marquinhos

Huertas / Taylor / Neto
Barbosa / Benite
Alex / Marquinhos
Varejao / Giovannani

Same with Argentina, their players are old but this would have been a full strength roster:

Ginobili / Laprovittola
Delfino / Mata / Jasen
Nocioni / Mainoldi
Scola / Gutierrez

Action speaks louder that words.

They don't really care much about World Cup or whatever that is.

That is more for minor leaguers like Euroleague players

When the Olympic spot was on the line

All of those guys went out and compete.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #178
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I got them coming 20th in Eurobasket, between Sweden and Moldova.

Add Spanoullis to the team and we can discuss a gold medal.

Spanoulis and Olympic medal

Spanoulis and turnovers.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #179
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Action speaks louder that words.

They don't really care much about World Cup or whatever that is.

That is more for minor leaguers like Euroleague players

When the Olympic spot was on the line

All of those guys went out and compete.

Argentina usually brings a lot of their NBA guys to this tourney but age is starting to catch up with them and rest during the off season is crucial.

Karl Towns Jr.

Remember the name, guys.

This kid is something special. Every time I see him play, I become more and more impressed with his game. He's at least 7'0" tall, has the handles and agility of a wing player, has a great shooting stroke (regularly knocks down threes), has advanced moves in the post, and is presence on defense because of his length and rebounding. He's only 17 and will be attending Kentucky after this season.

He's the best high school prospect I've seen in at least the last 5 years. If you guys have ESPN3, go back and watch the 2nd and 4th quarters of this game.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #180
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Huertas / Taylor / Neto
Barbosa / Benite
Alex / Marquinhos
Varejao / Giovannani

Argentina, their players are old but this would have been a full strength roster:

Ginobili / Laprovittola
Delfino / Mata / Jasen
Nocioni / Mainoldi
Scola / Gutierrez

Agrentina's full squad would be something like this:

Prigioni / Campazzo
Ginobili / Quinteros
Delfino / Mata
Nocioni / L. Gutierrez / Mainoldi
Scola / J.P Gutierrez/ Lieva

Jasen and Kammerichs would be in there, but I think they retired. But I seriously doubt that their full roster would like what you posted.

Regardless, either one of their "full" teams would have zero chance to qualify through EuroBasket. Neither of those teams above could make the top 7 at EuroBasket.

Did Machado retire? If he didn't, he would be on Brazil's team. Alex Garcia would also be on Brazil's team.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-03-2013 at 01:37 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: