Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-30-2013, 01:14 AM   #46
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 FIBA Americas Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
Kris Joseph got cut.....

English was invited, but has some sort of injury. I think he's still around helping out though, we need his scoring badly. I'd seriously start Jermaine Anderson at PG, Joseph is so out of control. He's athletic and tries hard but I don't think he can run a team at this point.

apparently Joseph didn't get cut, he just signed a contract with a Chinese team and had to report to his team.

Ah that sucks, English would have filled a need on this team. He's got decent size for a 2 guard and can really fill it up offensively. Was Kevin Pangos invited to try out? He's the kind of point guard that a team like this needs.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #47
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
apparently Joseph didn't get cut, he just signed a contract with a Chinese team and had to report to his team.

Ah that sucks, English would have filled a need on this team. He's got decent size for a 2 guard and can really fill it up offensively. Was Kevin Pangos invited to try out? He's the kind of point guard that a team like this needs.

Not sure, I'd definitely take him over Cadougan though
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #48
CeltsGarlic
Dos Santos

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
Yes because last year with Splitter and Barbosa Brazil placed 5th in the Olympics their best result in a global tournament in modern history. The same Olympics where the Eurobasket silver medalist France placed 6th, Lithuania placed 8th and Greece couldn't even qualify for losing after to a Nigerian team in the qualifying tournament that ended up placing 10th.

how the hell this is relevant?
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:31 AM   #49
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster

Any idea what time the Canada/Jamaica game is tomorrow(PT)?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #50
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
Any idea what time the Canada/Jamaica game is tomorrow(PT)?

11:30

Last edited by JtotheIzzo : 08-30-2013 at 05:58 AM.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #51
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All 4 games games today will be in HD on ESPN3.

Samardo Samuels vs. Tristan Thompson

Last edited by Grinder : 08-30-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #52
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

is espn3 only available for americans?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #53
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Is Huertas playing for Brazil? That guy is my favorite guard outside the NBA I remember the first time I seen him was against the USA and he controlled the game hard but Brazil lost by like 1-2 in the opening game of a recent tournament.

Would have liked to see Vasquez playing but he's injured.....

Huertas is very good (much better than Splitter and Barbosa that the lunatic says are Brazil's "best players")..........

but he's also extremely overrated by NBA only fans and Americans.

He's very good on offense overall, but he has a really inconsistent and unreliable jump shot and on defense he is absolutely horrible - probably the worst defender at point guard in the entire Euroleague now that Bobby Brown and Jordan Farmar left.

Huertas has become the new most overrated player in Europe by NBA only fans.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #54
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I think one of your problems is lack of floor spacing when you put out your best defensive lineup (Joseph, Thompson, Anthony) vs. awful perimeter defense when Rautins and Heslip are out there.

I think the best lineup might be something like: C. Joseph, Rautins, K. Joseph, Thompson, and Nicholson. Is Jermaine Anderson the backup point guard or is it Devoe Joseph?

Carl English should have been called up. He's been one of the most prolific scorers in Spain the past few years.

Yep and his backup is recent Hawks' draftee Raul Neto.

Carl English is a good player and he's better than most the guys on Canada's roster, but he can't make a difference in a team. He's a guy for mid level Spanish League clubs and nothing more than that.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #55
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
how the hell this is relevant?

Don't tell me you have still not yet grasped that gabepizza is the biggest troll that ever visited this forum?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #56
andremiller07
#Nenasty

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Has the game started (Canada vs Jamaica )cause none of my streams seem to be working?
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #57
chips93

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Has the game started (Canada vs Jamaica )cause none of my streams seem to be working?

its not til 20 past
Old 08-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #58
andremiller07
#Nenasty

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
its not til 20 past
So in like 10-15 mins? Or.....we working on different time shit is confusing me.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #59
chips93

Quote:
So in like 10-15 mins? Or.....we working on different time shit is confusing me.

yeah i think so

what time zone are you in?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #60
Grinder

Quote:

They're 30 minutes behind EST. Game starts at 11:30 EST I believe.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: