Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default MUST READ: How to get a 40+ inch vertical

The secret is..........practice dunking! Seriously! No need to buy any special programs, equipment or anything. Just simply practice dunking. This guy went from this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_wCJoPYdgM
Just about being able to dunk on a non-regulation 9 inch rim, to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps_GKQaNj_8
Also won the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest in Toronto.

He replied to a comment about how he got his vertical saying "all i've ever done to gain vert was dunk. every. single. day. so basically i just as high as i can as many times as i can." Also, MJ said in an interview that he got his hops from just practicing dunking and jumping. It works all the necessary muscles needed for a high vertical.

Last edited by Shade8780 : 08-29-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
mr beast
BEAST

mr beast has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: MUST READ: How to get a 40+ inch vertical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
The secret is..........practice dunking! Seriously! No need to buy any special programs, equipment or anything. Just simply practice dunking. This guy went from this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_wCJoPYdgM
Just about being able to dunk on a non-regulation 9 inch rim, to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps_GKQaNj_8
Also won the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest in Toronto.

He replied to a comment about how he got his vertical saying "all i've ever done to gain vert was dunk. every. single. day. so basically i just as high as i can as many times as i can." Also, MJ said in an interview that he got his hops from just practicing dunking and jumping. It works all the necessary muscles needed for a high vertical.

if you check out his other videos, it clearly shows he is doing box jumps. i m pretty sure he does more than just trying to dunk every single day to improve his vertical. stop feeding off that crap to youngsters.

you need to lift, do pylos and practice your footwork leading to a dunk to improve your vertical

/thread
mr beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr beast
if you check out his other videos, it clearly shows he is doing box jumps. i m pretty sure he does more than just trying to dunk every single day to improve his vertical. stop feeding off that crap to youngsters.

you need to lift, do pylos and practice your footwork leading to a dunk to improve your vertical

/thread

Would rep.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

If it were simple as that a lot more people would be throwing down insane dunks. Unless your born naturally a good athlete you need more than just "trying to dunk" everyday to do what he's doing.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 08-29-2013 at 11:06 PM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

To be honest though, I just figured out he practiced dunking 3-4 hours a day
Old 08-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just like that
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
Shade8780
GOATin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
what height are you?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
what height are you?

6ft maybe a hair shorter
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:59 AM   #9
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Yea you don't just practice dunking to achieve max vertical. Playing your ass off and jumpin high while playing and practicing will help you attain an impressive vertical, it won't help you attain max verticle. Doing that in combination with explosive weight lifting and plyometrics will.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
domaboy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

domaboy has an OK reputation so far

vert is a simple formula
the basics if over 15 yrs old
1. lose any fat if present
2. Squat 5x5 until you plateau then 3x5 till you plateau then - 3x3 till you plateau until your vert
3 when your squat is greater than 1.75x bodyweight than start plyos but keep squatting (your goal is 2.5 BW squat)
4 plyos, sprints, bounds, depth jumps box jumps

Profit.
these will make you jump high but the best jumpers of all time had more than just this
the additional factors
1 long thigh bone in comparison to body (genetic)
2 fast twich muscle fibres (genetic)

the additional work
Case study Kadour ziani
being able to squat 2.5 BW and doing plyos will get u jumping high
but kadour ziani didnt jump high from doing just that because he is elite in every aspect
the additionals
1) mobility/flexibility (ziani can kick, yes kick, a 10 ft rim) some people say that it decreases the "rubber band action" of jumping if the rubber band of your legs was limp.
2) nutrition/ recovery foam rolling, contrast showers , ice baths
eating well
3) jump technique
4)visualization/confidence/mentality
5) grip strength to palm a ball
domaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has an OK reputation so far

Doing that alone wont work, you have to do squats to build power in your legs
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #12
FaceBack
I airball my layups

FaceBack has an OK reputation so far

Bo Jackson is a perfect example of a guy who didn't lift weights, but constantly ran over LB'ers and ran by Deion Sanders in college. He is considered the greatest athlete of all time, and hated lifting weights.
FaceBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #13
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceBack
Bo Jackson is a perfect example of a guy who didn't lift weights, but constantly ran over LB'ers and ran by Deion Sanders in college. He is considered the greatest athlete of all time, and hated lifting weights.

bo Jackson is a gift from GOD u cant compare him to anybody on this planet
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #14
NZStreetBaller
Decent playground baller

NZStreetBaller has not been impressing people

squat 2.5 x Bodyweight??? holy ****!!! thats like 200 kg for me. im not even close to squatting that no wonder i can barely touch the rim. Wait how much does the barbell weigh?? lol
NZStreetBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #15
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceBack

Ahhh

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...legedly/page/2
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: