Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #166
dr.hee
Decent college freshman
 
dr.hee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,818
dr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
He just hates the Olympics because it exposes how weak European teams are when they have to face global competition. That scrub Spanoulis and his weak ass Greek team could not even advance past the qualifying tournament which is a lot weaker than the actually Olympics. The team that eliminated Greece, Nigeria, went 1-4 in the Olympics beating only Tunisia. The top teams from the Americas show their dominance when all 3 Americas team took 3 of the top 5 spots, ahead Lithuania and France, Eurobasket's silver medalist.

I remember the 2008 Olympics where the Eurobasket champions, Russia, could not even advance out of pool play.


It's funny how global competitions like the Olympics and WC expose how weak European teams (except Spain) really are. Eurobasket is a real low level tournament!

I remember in

Here's what Germany needed in 2002 to win bronze in the world championship

Ademola Okulaja (FC Barcelona)
Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks)
Drazan Tomic (RheinEnergy Cologne)
Henrik Rödl (ALBA BERLIN)
Jörg Lütcke (ALBA BERLIN)
Marko Pesic (ALBA BERLIN)
Marvin Willoughby (s.Oliver Würzburg)
Mithat Demirel (ALBA BERLIN)
Nino Garris (ALBA BERLIN)
Pascal Roller (OPEL SKYLINERS)
Patrick Femerling (Olympiakos Piräus)
Robert Maras (OPEL SKYLINERS)
Shawn Bradley (Dallas Mavericks)
Stephen Arigbabu (RheinEnergy Cologne)



Here's a link to the awesome 2005 roster, good enough to win silver in Eurobasket

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.pageID_0NoqW2p4HyY6JA0Y r3jou3.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2005.r oundID_3769.teamID_288.html



Compare these squads to your average NBA lottery team...

Last edited by dr.hee : 09-03-2013 at 01:37 PM.
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #167
Rooster
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,948
Rooster has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
He just hates the Olympics because it exposes how weak European teams are when they have to face global competition. That scrub Spanoulis and his weak ass Greek team could not even advance past the qualifying tournament which is a lot weaker than the actually Olympics. The team that eliminated Greece, Nigeria, went 1-4 in the Olympics beating only Tunisia. The top teams from the Americas show their dominance when all 3 Americas team took 3 of the top 5 spots, ahead Lithuania and France, Eurobasket's silver medalist.

I remember the 2008 Olympics where the Eurobasket champions, Russia, could not even advance out of pool play.


It's funny how global competitions like the Olympics and WC expose how weak European teams (except Spain) really are. Eurobasket is a real low level tournament!

I remember in

I disagree on your opinion about Eurobasket. It's a high level competition especially if Olympic spot is on the line. All those Euros from NBA just like Nowitzki are flocking trying to qualify just to have that Olympic moment.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #168
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,085
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

There are some amazingly dumb people posting in this thread.

Numerous NBA players and coaches have gone on record and said EuroBasket is a much higher level than the Olympics, but no................the clown joker fools at ISH know better...................
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #169
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,085
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Technically you're actually right for once. However, 3 of the top 5 teams in the Olympics last year were from the Americas region. The USA finished 1st, Argentina finished 4th, and Brazil finished 5th.





A healthy, full Argentina roster finished ahead of those teams at the Olympics last year.






I thought you said Brazil was better off without those players?

What the hell does that have to do with the issue being talked about? Once again, Argentina would NOT have qualified if they had to play at EuroBasket.

You are a moron, because you can't grasp the difference between two different things.

The Olympics has NOTHING to do with the EuroBasket. Freaking idiots like you and gabepizza can't even figure that out.

You are using two completely different things that are totally unrelated to make an argument.

And you are so incredibly stupid that you can't even figure out how absurd that is.

Argentina would not have even played at the last Olympics if they were a European team.

PERIOD.

You keep citing the Olympics, which has NOTHING to do with the EuroBasket. If you were not such a complete dumb ass, you might be able to figure that out.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #170
Rooster
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,948
Rooster has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
There are some amazingly dumb people posting in this thread.

Numerous NBA players and coaches have gone on record and said EuroBasket is a much higher level than the Olympics, but no................the clown joker fools at ISH know better...................


Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #171
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris
 
Sakkreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Posts: 3,511
Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Well Eurobasket haven't started yet, but thread is ruined already...
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #172
gabepizza
Good High School Starter
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 995
gabepizza has decent reputationgabepizza has decent reputation
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
What the hell does that have to do with the issue being talked about? Once again, Argentina would NOT have qualified if they had to play at EuroBasket.

You are a moron, because you can't grasp the difference between two different things.

The Olympics has NOTHING to do with the EuroBasket. Freaking idiots like you and gabepizza can't even figure that out.

You are using two completely different things that are totally unrelated to make an argument.

And you are so incredibly stupid that you can't even figure out how absurd that is.

Argentina would not have even played at the last Olympics if they were a European team.

PERIOD.

You keep citing the Olympics, which has NOTHING to do with the EuroBasket. If you were not such a complete dumb ass, you might be able to figure that out.

The top teams at Eurobasket are given the honor the play in the Olympics and the Olympic qualifiying . Then they get the taste of the global competition and most of the time get embarrassed. A European has not won an Olympics since the Soviet Union. Shows why everyone considers Eurobasket a JV tournament.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #173
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,085
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
The top teams at Eurobasket are given the honor the play in the Olympics and the Olympic qualifiying . Then they get the taste of the global competition and most of the time get embarrassed. A European has not won an Olympics since the Soviet Union. Shows why everyone considers Eurobasket a JV tournament.

The racist mental midget strikes again. Did the JBA give you a raise yet?
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #174
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,085
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Well Eurobasket haven't started yet, but thread is ruined already...

Let's see here.....gabepizza already said about 25 times in this thread that Argentina and Brazil are vastly superior to teams like Greece and Lithuania, and that those teams could only ever dream of being in the same class......

Not once have you called him or any of these other mofos on their out of control trolling. Threads get "ruined" by out of control trolls like gabepizza, and by the fact that people like you just let them troll endlessly and never once call them out on their bullshit.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #175
CavaliersFTW
NBA All-star
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,705
CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Well Eurobasket haven't started yet, but thread is ruined already...
Euroleague trashed this thread with his garbage already. I'm disappointed in how he handled himself, everything he says to other posters is a coarse insult, followed by questionable data that he never cites.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #176
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,085
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Euroleague trashed this thread with his garbage already. I'm disappointed in how he handled himself, everything he says to other posters is a coarse insult, followed by questionable data that he never cites.

You are a pathological liar and a huge troll. You are also racist. You troll the living hell out of every single thread on this site where any European basketball gets mentioned.

You are also an a-hole.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #177
CavaliersFTW
NBA All-star
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,705
CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
You are a pathological liar and a huge troll. You are also racist. You troll the living hell out of every single thread on this site where any European basketball gets mentioned.

You are also an a-hole.


Where/when have I ever come off as a "racist" - seriously
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #178
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,085
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW


Where/when have I ever come off as a "racist" - seriously



You do realize that not everyone here is retarded right?

Let me see here..............EVERY TIME European basketball comes up, you start TROLLING and LYING and doing personal insults and attacks.

Yeah sure, nothing racist at all.

Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #179
CavaliersFTW
NBA All-star
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,705
CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague


You do realize that not everyone here is retarded right?

Let me see here..............EVERY TIME European basketball comes up, you start TROLLING and LYING and doing personal insults and attacks.

Yeah sure, nothing racist at all.

Europeans aren't even a race, Europeans are just people who live within the borders of Europe. As far as race goes, there are genetically about 22 haplotypes of people who lived accross Europe for a long enough period of time to become genetically distinctive though even then there is a lot of mixture between all of them. I don't have a problem with any of them really.



However those greasy Greeks seem to be a tier below everyone else athletically...
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #180
morbius
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 92
morbius has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

No moderation on this forum at all. The championship hasn't started yet, but the efforts of a single idiot managed to fill the thread with 12 pages of garbage already.
morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy