Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #2116
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
The difference is that Teodosic makes some very questionable decisions. Parker almost never takes bad shots, except when the team really needs it. He is much less selfish than Teodosic.

I watch more European basketball than French basketball, so I don't think me being French changes anything... Parker is just not a selfish player. It's just you and Euroleague on this one (not a nice situation to be in).

Box Score:

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/default.asp?cid={221A6A0E-D8D6-4016-B84F-1CC6CF17A09F}&compID={D166E39E-2323-4863-B229-76357A926FA2}&season=2013&roundID=8722&gameID=8735 -85-A-1

Tony Parker - 32 points and 1 assist

Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #2117
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
http://www.ahistoryofgreece.com/newdemocracy.htm

The Greek National Team tours the USA playing the Tarheels, and the Tarheels with Michael Jordan and Sam Perkins visit Athens to win a tournament there. But the key to Greece's success is ex-Seton Hall Greek-American guard Nikos Galis, an unstoppable scorer in college who continues his amazing play in the Greek basketball league. Galis, considered Greece's Michael Jordan, burned the UNC Tarheels for 50 points in an exhibition game in Chapel Hill.

==============================================

How many lies can you tell on one page?

Still no source. I have this one though, where they ask the man himself:

Quote:
Galis and the national team played against Jordan in October 1983 when the University of North Carolina visited Thessaloniki for a tournament. Galis fans like to say that he “scored 50 points on Jordan,” but Galis could not recall specifics.

“I scored high; I don’t remember,” he said. “They switch. Everybody was switching, guarding everybody.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/sp...pagewanted=all

Sounds really shady. Until I see a boxscore, with the minutes and number of shots taken, I don't think it means anything.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #2118
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

Quote:

I'm sorry, you're a Spanoulis fan. You might have problems with the concepts of shot selection and decision making. Perhaps you should watch more Tony Parker.

Last edited by Nero Tulip : 09-21-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #2119
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Still no source. I have this one though, where they ask the man himself:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/sp...pagewanted=all

Sounds really shady. Until I see a boxscore, with the minutes and number of shots taken, I don't think it means anything.

Right. You just confirmed that you are a pathological liar in the same class as gabepizza.

Congrats.

Oh, and Parker is selfish.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-21-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #2120
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
I'm sorry, you're a Spanoulis fan. You might have problems with the concepts of shot selection and decision making. Perhaps you should watch more Tony Parker.

Talk shit when Parker actually wins a tournament, like Spanoulis has.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #2121
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The difference is that Teodosic makes some very questionable decisions. Parker almost never takes bad shots, except when the team really needs it. He is much less selfish than Teodosic.

I watch more European basketball than French basketball, so I don't think me being French changes anything... Parker is just not a selfish player. It's just you and Euroleague on this one (not a nice situation to be in).
I don't agree with this.
Teo takes some questionable shots, but that doesn't make him selfish...

EDIT - Nedovic coast to coast dunk

Last edited by jamal99 : 09-21-2013 at 10:39 PM.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #2122
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputation

Parker is arguably the most unselfish scoring guard in the world His assigned role is to score (nobody sane would actually WANT him to pass up shots... neither his coach nor his teammates nor the fans... maybe the opposing team, but even they want to win fair) yet he always does it in a way that helps his team win.

Some people really have a problem with the concept of efficiency and decision making... The goal of the game is to win. A player is only selfish if he goes it alone at the expense of his team. For instance, imagine an NBA team has a backcourt of Spanoulis and Parker. If Spanoulis started chucking, he would be hurting his team, because he's not that good as evidenced by his 2.7 ppg on 32% shooting, and his team would suffer as a result. It's in the team's best interest for Spanoulis to take a backseat and Parker, who scores 20 ppg on 52% shooting, to be the primary guard scorer. But don't worry, he also averages 7.6 assists per game, so if Spanoulis is really open he might occasionally take a chance and pass it to him.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #2123
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Final preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy1psCHJGGY
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #2124
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Fiba basketball has decent reputation

Quote:

If Teodosic takes 10 shots and all of them are consider bad is he more selfish than Parker who took 30 shots ? To me awnser is no

Great players need ball in their hands to be great and you can't have ball in your hands a lot and not be selfish player. That's why even players like Magic and Stockton were selfish, nothng wrong with that since teams are better with those "selfish" players.
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #2125
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Spain blows out Croatia again to win the bronze medal. Sergio Llull lead Spain with 21.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #2126
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

lol crappy lithuanians dont belong in the final as expected...
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #2127
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Diaw how great is our God?
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #2128
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoutPractice
Parker is arguably the most unselfish scoring guard in the world His assigned role is to score (nobody sane would actually WANT him to pass up shots... neither his coach nor his teammates nor the fans... maybe the opposing team, but even they want to win fair) yet he always does it in a way that helps his team win.

Some people really have a problem with the concept of efficiency and decision making... The goal of the game is to win. A player is only selfish if he goes it alone at the expense of his team. For instance, imagine an NBA team has a backcourt of Spanoulis and Parker. If Spanoulis started chucking, he would be hurting his team, because he's not that good as evidenced by his 2.7 ppg on 32% shooting, and his team would suffer as a result. It's in the team's best interest for Spanoulis to take a backseat and Parker, who scores 20 ppg on 52% shooting, to be the primary guard scorer. But don't worry, he also averages 7.6 assists per game, so if Spanoulis is really open he might occasionally take a chance and pass it to him.

Bullshit. Just look at this final game..........

PROOF you and Nero Tulip are totally full of shit.

Parker played within the team and his team does much better on offense and plays much better.

Parker hogged the living hell out of the ball against Spain, and his team won despite him. We see now how much better they play when he stopped hogging the ball and involved his team.

Some of you NBA only fans are truly whacko.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #2129
dr.hee
Good college starter

dr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation heredr.hee has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Bullshit. Just look at this final game..........

PROOF you and Nero Tulip are totally full of shit.

Parker played within the team and his team does much better on offense and plays much better.

Parker hogged the living hell out of the ball against Spain, and his team won despite him. We see now how much better they play when he stopped hogging the ball and involved his team.

Some of you NBA only fans are truly whacko.

Parker,Batum,Diaw,De Colo,Petro,Diot...best team of the known universe? Winning the hardest bball competition on the planet?

dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #2130
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
lol crappy lithuanians dont belong in the final as expected...

France never won a title in their entire history. Just let them have it without trash talking Lithuania as a bad team. Eventually, France had to win at least one title in all of history.

Let them enjoy the merit of it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: