Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #2221
Serious playground baller

0000000 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

Well, explain me how are thse Euroleague best line ups better than for example

Westbrook
Rose
Mayo
Love
Hibbert

Or..

Curry
Harden
Tyreke Evans
Blake Griffin
Whoever

Or

Mike Conley
Whoever
Durant
Horford
Noah

Etc.

So much more talent in the NCAA. Every year they can put together a team that would beat the competition in Europe.
0000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #2222
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
I'm laughing so hard with this guy trying to argue
Please, stick to NBA sir.

I remember Villanova losing to a Lega Due (Division 2 Italy) this year or last year

They did also beat the Israeli national team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000000

Westbrook
Rose
Mayo
Love
Hibbert

Or..

Curry
Harden
Tyreke Evans
Blake Griffin
Whoever

Or

Mike Conley
Whoever
Durant
Horford
Noah

Etc.

So much more talent in the NCAA. Every year they can put together a team that would beat the competition in Europe.

Dude, no one's doubting the talent of those guys but rookies, even great ones, are going to struggle against more physically developed, experienced professionals, especially under international rules.

A few summers ago, the Dominican Republic national team hammered a squad of Kentucky alumni the first time and beat them again a second time. The Kentucky team? John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight, Rajon Rondo, DeMarcus Cousins, and Jodie Meeks.

Yeah, the Dominicans had a few NBA players but most of those guys played in Latin American and non-Euroleague teams.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketba...s-uk-pros-team

http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketba...cky-pros-again
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #2223
Miller for 3
Local High School Star

Miller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMiller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMiller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMiller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMiller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMiller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Another important aspect in all of this is that in Europe, players get paid, in the NCAA they don't. It's a big difference.

I don't see why Europeans get all worked up when some people claim the NCAA is better or more talented. It's certainly a reasonable argument IMO. I think Euroleague is a bit better because it's grown men's game but the NCAA is more talented and the best of NCAA is better than the best of Euroleague.

Just like for example, the U19 and U21 players in Europe are easily better than the MLS professionals. No argument there. Despite all the improvements and strides in the MLS.

Basketball is just much better in the USA. That's that. There is hardly a comparison.
I know it will sound controversial because it brings race into equation but Europe might be better when you'd compare Europe vs American whites only. I'm talking the NBA as well. Hope no one gets offended by this.

You are an idiot. I'm an American, and I actually follow the NCAA and European basketball (mainly Euroleague top 16 action and ACB). A team like Asefa Estudiantes is considered mediocre to awful in the ACB, and would likely beat every single NCAA team handily.

If you really are Coach Nick, just give it a break. We've seen your Euroleague championsip/Eurobasket "analysis", and it basically proves you have no idea what you are talking about. Please, do yourself a favor and IP ban yourself from this website
Miller for 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #2224
Miller for 3
Local High School Star

Miller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMiller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMiller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMiller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMiller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMiller for 3 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

Westbrook
Rose
Mayo
Love
Hibbert

Or..

Curry
Harden
Tyreke Evans
Blake Griffin
Whoever

Or

Mike Conley
Whoever
Durant
Horford
Noah

Etc.

I think your problem(and this is a common one so don't feel bad) is you are projecting these guys as how they are currently to how they are now. A team with college Westbrook at point would get destroyed by Irish league basketball teams. Hibbert was a huge stiff who could barely play 20 mins because of his sports related asthma(treated now, but it wasn't in college/rookie year)

Please, I feel bad to be an American after reading your posts. You are the typical ignorant NCAA only fan who thinks UK could beat NBA teams
Miller for 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #2225
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster

Michael Jordan and college boys beat everyone by averaged of 28 points in 1984 Olympics

Kenny Smith and the Admiral won the 1986 FIBA worlds

Corpse of Mc Adoo dominated Euroleague in the late 80s.

Team USA did not win the Club World Cup back in the 1980s, where the Euroleague teams were playing.

If the best college players (and NCAA was MUCH better then than now) could not beat Euroleague teams then (Euroleague is much better now), then how the hell are we supposed to buy this BULLSHIT that NCAA teams from one school can win Euroleague or EuroBasket?

There is a certain point that trolling stops becoming trolling and starts to become downright ludicrous insanity.

And you clowns are in that territory.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #2226
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Croatia was the team I followed. They did fairly well, finishing amoung the top 4 teams in the tournament, beating some European powerhouses such as Italy and Greece.

Now, in that team there is only one player good enough to play in the NBA and that's Bogdanovic.

Let's go from scratch.

Ukic was a scrub in the NBA. Drapper never played in the NBA. Rudez couldn't play in the NBA. Neither could Markota or Saric. Saric is still too young. Zoric could also never play in the NBA. Tomic would be a scrub center.

I have a hard time accepting that a top 8 or even top 16 basketball program in the NCAA can't produce much better players than that.

The NBA is the ultimate measuring stick after all. And yet we're talking about men in their athetic prime vs teenagers. I'm pretty sure you can assemble 3 teams better than Croatia out of NCAA players. Each year. Easily.

Take the all rookie team 2013.

Llilard
Waiters
Beal
Barness
Anthony Davis.

Take it a year back when they were in college and they beat France. There is much more talent in the NCAA. European basketball is overall a notch above, mostly because it's played by men, not teenagers but best NCAA team beat best European team each year because the best NCAA team is asembled of future NBA stars whereas top European teams are assembled od Euros who weren't good enough to make it in the NBA and likewise the American players who had no option but to accept playing in Europe as most of them didn't have noteworthy careers in the NCAA. Years later after obscurity, those Americans end up dominating in Europe.

This guy is even crazier than gabepizza.

This post should result in an automatic 3 day ban.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #2227
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
US College players are 84-2 in Olympics.

And 7-0 against Yugoslavia.

And yet they lost year after year in the Club World Cup to Euroleague teams back in the 1980s.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #2228
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Another important aspect in all of this is that in Europe, players get paid, in the NCAA they don't. It's a big difference.

I don't see why Europeans get all worked up when some people claim the NCAA is better or more talented. It's certainly a reasonable argument IMO. I think Euroleague is a bit better because it's grown men's game but the NCAA is more talented and the best of NCAA is better than the best of Euroleague.

Just like for example, the U19 and U21 players in Europe are easily better than the MLS professionals. No argument there. Despite all the improvements and strides in the MLS.

Basketball is just much better in the USA. That's that. There is hardly a comparison.
I know it will sound controversial because it brings race into equation but Europe might be better when you'd compare Europe vs American whites only. I'm talking the NBA as well. Hope no one gets offended by this.

Just STOP.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #2229
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
lol, did he put mls in the same sentence with european football?

He actually implied that Euroleague is the basketball equivalent of MLS in football.

We have another gabepizza troll on our hands, only this one is more adamant in his absurd claims.

I don't know if the MLS is even the football equivalent of the Belgian Basketball League.

These retards that make this Euroleague = MLS claim are so freaking nuts.

Yea sure, Euroleague is like the 20th best basketball league in the world, or yeah sure, MLS is in top 2 football leagues in the world.

Yeah, that comparison makes so much sense..............
Old 09-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #2230
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
My whole argument is this.

Euroleague IS better than the NCAA...barely.
There is much more talent in the NCAA.
Best of NCAA is better than the best of Europe.

I don't see how any of it is arguable. Best of NCAA goes to the NBA and they average over 15 points a game....best of Europe....is well, VSpan. Need I say more?

Team USA college players couldn't beat Euroelague teams at the Club World Cup back in the 1980s.

NCAA was much better then. Euroleague was much worse then.

Of course such a troll as you and someone that clearly has such zero basketball knowledge as you would not know this. You probably think your trolling claims are safe, because you probably don't realize that Euroleague teams beat NCAA all star teams regularly in the 80s in an official tournament (NOT exhibition games).

Just so you know, Greece that "has no NBA talent" beat BYU by something like 50 or 60 points a couple years ago and they beat Florida State in 3 straight games this summer.

Of course, "they have no one who could make the NBA".

You need medication.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #2231
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
It's not like he's wasn't one of the biggest winners in basketball already, but alright. Was never talking shit anyway, just stating the truth.

You were talking shit and you know it. You hate Spanoulis or whatever so you talk shit.

Just know that both Parker (who is very close friends with Spanoulis) and Kirilenko have both said Spanoulis is in the top 5 European players in the world.

I think they know better than you.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #2232
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
This is the Euroleague best team.

Spanoulis
Diamantidis
Rudy Fernandez
Nenad Krstic
Ante Tomic

Lol. Sorry but all NCAA team of any year absolutely can beat that team.

Even a weak draft class like last year's trumps that team. Not to mention this draft class with Wiggins. Or a draft class that had Wade, Anthony, Bosh or a draft class that had Durant or Kyrie Erving, Derrick Rose etc.
Look at the 2009 draft...Blake Griffin, James Harden, Stephen Curry, Tyreke Evans who was fantastic, DeRozen, Ty Lawson...
Or the 2008 draft class...Derrick Rose, O.J Mayo, Westbrook, Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, Hibbert....

Like seriously...

You think the line up of Spanoulis, Diamantidis, Fernandez, Krstic and Tomic beats Westbrook, Rose, Mayo, Love and Hibbert when they were in college? Get real. 2003 all ncaa line up could challenge best European line ups of all time...and that is without LeBron.

Best of NCAA is better than the best of Euroleague. Easily.

I hope to god you are just trolling. If you really believe this shit.....................

Old 09-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #2233
Dr.J4ever
Justice4 the ABA

Dr.J4ever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
That's straight up trolling or you sir are an idiot.

Also MLS comparison for soccer is very wrong, because MLS is not even close to second league in soccer, and euroleague is second best league of basketball behind NBA easily.

Really? But the biggest loud mouth Euro on this board believes Euroleague is superior to NBA.. C'mon euroleague tell everyone here why the euroleague is superior with their TEAMS, TALENT, COACHING, and everything else.

Which begs the question, why are you on an NBA website if you think european basketball is superior?
Dr.J4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #2234
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
I'm laughing so hard with this guy trying to argue
Please, stick to NBA sir.

I remember Villanova losing to a Lega Due (Division 2 Italy) this year or last year

Yeah NCAA D1 schools played Greek and Spanish SECOND division teams in recent summers and they lost every single game.

They were like 0-6 against SECOND division teams from Spain and Greece.

The D-League all star team also played against SECOND division Greek teams, some of the worst teams from Lithuanian League, and against some Chinese teams, and I think they only managed to go 1-7, with just a 1 win out of 3 against teams from China.

This guy probably thinks the D-League all star team can beat the Euroleague teams also................................

Unbelievable, I mean for NCAA D1 teams to go 0-3 against SECOND division Greek clubs and the D-League all star team to also go 0-3 against SECOND division Greek clubs......................

that shit is actually embarrassing. And as far as I know they played the games with NCAA and NBA rules even to help them.

Can you imagine a SECOND division Greek club playing against the biggest Euroleague teams or EuroBasket teams?

To give an idea here last year Olympiacos played against the 2nd division champions from Greece AENK in the quarterfinals of the Greek Cup.

This was the BEST and CHAMPION team from Greece A2. I believe Olympiacos won the game by something like 52 points.

And yet, average teams from Greece A2 were beating NCAA D1 schools and the D-League all star team.................

But yet somehow, we are supposed to believe Olympiacos or Real Madrid are no better than "average NCAA teams"?

And as for the instances when NCAA D1 teams were playing against Spanish 2nd division teams, I watched a game, and the second division Spanish club was playing it's 2nd and 3rd tier players. Like their top 5 or 6 players didn't even play and they still won.

Freaking SECOND division from Spain.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-24-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #2235
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
Really? But the biggest loud mouth Euro on this board believes Euroleague is superior to NBA.. C'mon euroleague tell everyone here why the euroleague is superior with their TEAMS, TALENT, COACHING, and everything else.

Which begs the question, why are you on an NBA website if you think european basketball is superior?

Based on this post, it looks like gabepizza and Dr.J4ever went and recruited Coach Nick to come here.

lol so much butt hurt..................

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-24-2013 at 12:04 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: