Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green

Lebowski has decent reputation
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013

Here's hoping that Sweden wins more then one game. I have to put us ahead of Finland, but one more would be great! We really got into the wrong group
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #19
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Finland plays well as a team and can really shoot the ball. They don't have the best talent, although Koponen is a baller, but they have a well defined system and don't make many mistakes.

You guys know that Drew Gooden is eligible for the Finnish national team?
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
duskovujosevic
Serious playground baller

duskovujosevic is starting to rub some people the wrong way

duskovujosevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #21
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
You're a bitch.

Oookay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Finland plays well as a team and can really shoot the ball. They don't have the best talent, although Koponen is a baller, but they have a well defined system and don't make many mistakes.

You've seen them play a lot? Have they played any of the better teams? I have not seen one game with Finland, but we believe we are better then Finland in everything, except sauna-competitions.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #22
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Parker is hurt it seems.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #23
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
Oookay.

You've seen them play a lot? Have they played any of the better teams? I have not seen one game with Finland, but we believe we are better then Finland in everything, except sauna-competitions.

I haven't seen them play since last Eurobasket (they advanced out of the first stage over Montenegro, Croatia, and Bosnia).

In the preparation games over the last few weeks, they lost to France by 8, Lithuania by 2, Russia by 17, Latvia by 6 and 37. You guys lost to Lithuania by 28 and 31, Ukraine by 12, and Poland by 16.

Kopponen is their best player and Sasu Salin is another good young player. Rannikko plays in the Finnish league now but he was a solid player throughout Europe for years.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #24
duskovujosevic
Serious playground baller

duskovujosevic is starting to rub some people the wrong way

the real question here is, can V-Span win MVP title? He is the best player in the world troolololol

Last edited by duskovujosevic : 08-30-2013 at 03:21 PM.
duskovujosevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #25
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
the real question here is, can V-Span win MVP title. He is the best player in the world? troolololol

Greece are gold medal contenders and V-Span is their best player, so of course he can Actually, out of all the teams I've watched in preparation Greece looked the most well rounded and solid one, so my bet is on them to win it all
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #26
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I haven't seen them play since last Eurobasket (they advanced out of the first stage over Montenegro, Croatia, and Bosnia).

In the preparation games over the last few weeks, they lost to France by 8, Lithuania by 2, Russia by 17, Latvia by 6 and 37. You guys lost to Lithuania by 28 and 31, Ukraine by 12, and Poland by 16.

Kopponen is their best player and Sasu Salin is another good young player. Rannikko plays in the Finnish league now but he was a solid player throughout Europe for years.

Yeah those games against Lithuania wasn't pretty. We are way too small and weak. But I think Finland would suffer from the same problems, no? So its a race for the place second to last!

Who do you think will emerge as the winner in that group?
Old 08-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #29
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green

Quote:
Grinder's reply was a perfect describing one.

Finland is a actually a pretty decent team and they really play as a team as well and their talent is more spread.

I just watched Germany vs. Sweden and Taylor obviously had no problems with the German players but it was a massive struggle for the rest of the Swedish team.

Finland > Sweden

I would not think otherwise, Grinder seems like he knows something about all the teams and seen most of them play.

I hope he is wrong tho, we need to always be one-up on Finland.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #30
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
Yeah those games against Lithuania wasn't pretty. We are way too small and weak. But I think Finland would suffer from the same problems, no? So its a race for the place second to last!

Who do you think will emerge as the winner in that group?

Well, Italy and Turkey have a lot more talent but they've been known to get upset by inferior teams in recent times. Finland has a bit more size inside and some competent rebounders. Who knows though, you guys have two really good players and could surprise some people.

I think Greece is the clear favorite in that group followed by Turkey.

Quote:
To be fair, neither Jerebko or Taylor played in those two games.

And did Finland get a beating with 37 points against Latvia!?

Ahh, gotcha, I didn't know that. Yeah, I have no idea how Finland got destroyed that badly by Latvia. I do know that the Latvians can be deadly from 3 point range when they're feeling it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: