Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #31
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green

Default Re: Eurobasket 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Well, Italy and Turkey have a lot more talent but they've been known to get upset by inferior teams in recent times. Finland has a bit more size inside and some competent rebounders. Who knows though, you guys have two really good players and could surprise some people.

I think Greece is the clear favorite in that group followed by Turkey.

Right, even with the players not in the tournament, this must be the toughest group, agree or disagree?

How good are the Italians today? Last time I saw them play was when eurobasket was in Sweden, and two of my favorite players where still active, Galanda and Bulleri. I think they beat France that time.
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #32
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
Right, even with the players not in the tournament, this must be the toughest group, agree or disagree?

How good are the Italians today? Last time I saw them play was when eurobasket was in Sweden, and two of my favorite players where still active, Galanda and Bulleri. I think they beat France that time.

Group B is the toughest IMO.

Italy is missing a lot of key players because of injury - Bargnani, Gallinari, Hackett, and Mancinelli. Additionally, there's the problem of Belinelli thinking he's Kobe and chucking every time he touches the ball when he suits up for the Azzuri. They have talent but I'm not sure they make it out of their group unless they start clicking.

Those previous Italian teams with Basile, Galanda, and Bulleri playe so much better as a team and actually performed to their potential.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #33
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Current NBA players (I'll update this, the rosters aren't finalized for all teams yet):
Former NBA players

France
Nicolas Batum
Tony Parker
Boris Diaw
Nando De Colo
Mickael Gelabale
Alexis Ajinca
Johan Petro

Spain
Jose Calderon
Ricky Rubio
Marc Gasol
Victor Claver
Rudy Fernandez
Sergio Rodriguez

Russia
Alexey Shved
Sergey Karasev
Sergey Monya

Sweden
Jonas Jerebko
Jeff Taylor

Turkey
Omer Asik
Ersan Ilyasova
Hedo Turkoglu
Semih Erden

Bosnia
Mirza Teletovic

Lithuania
Donatas Motiejunas
Jonas Valanciunas
Linas Kleiza

Macedonia
Pero Antic

Serbia
Nemanja Nedovic
Nenad Krstic

Czech Republic
Jan Vesely
Jiri Welsch

Poland
Marcin Gortat
Maciej Lampe

Slovenia
Goran Dragic
Bostjan Nachbar

Italy
Marco Belinelli
Gigi Datome
Travis Diener

Israel
Omri Casspi

Ukraine
Vyacheslav Kravtsov
Pooh Jeter

Finland
Hanno Möttölä

Greece
Vassilis Spanoulis
Antonis Fotsis

Montenegro
Nikola Vucevic

You missed some NBA players there for sure.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #34
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
List of players that won't play

Spain: P. Gasol, J.C. Navarro, F. Reyes, S. Ibaka, N. Mirotić

France: J. Noah, K. Seraphin, R. Gobert, R. Turiaf, Ali Traore, M. Pietrus, R. Beaubois, I. Mahinmi

Russia: A. Kirilenko, T. Mozgov, S. Bykov, V. Hryapa, S. Kaun, A.Voroncevich

Greece: K. Coufos, N. Calathes, S. Schortsanitis

Italy: D. Galinari, D. Hackett, A. Bargnani

Serbia: M. Mačvan, Z. Erceg, V.Micov, N. Veličković, D. Savanović, S.Birčević, V.Lučić ( not 100% sure but he probably won't play because of injure), M.Teodosić ( he might go but won't be ready to play at first few games and probably won't be ready to play more than 10mpg)

Germany: D.Nowitzki, C. Caman, T.Olbrecht, D. Shroeder, E.Harris

Slovenia: E. Lorbek, P. Brezec, B. Udrih

Croatia: Z. Planinić, M. Banić, M. Popović, K. Lončar, R. Stipčević

Lithuania: S. Jasaitis, P.Jankunas, S. Jasikevicius

GB: L. Deng, B. Gordon, J. Freeland, P. Mensah-Bonsu

Ukrain: A.Len, O.Pecherov, K. Fesenko, S.Lischuk

Georgia: Z.Pachulia, T.Shengelia

Montenegro: N. Peković, V. Dragičević, M.Todorović

Latvia: D. Bertans, A. Biedrins

This is a older list so some player migh not be named.

A lot of absent player will make this very weak Eurobasket

Diamantidis, Lojeski, Tomas, etc. Ben Gordon? He never played for Great Britain so why would he be counted as an absence? You can't count Mirotic and Ibaka as an absence. Only one of them is eligible to play for Spain.

This isn't a very weak EuroBasket. That's complete bullshit. The rosters of most of the teams are very, very strong.

No way in ****ing hell is this a very weak EuroBasket. Other than Spain, Serbia, Great Britain, Russia, and Germany just about every team is stronger or as strong as they were in recent tournaments.

Vast majority of the teams are stronger than they were in recent tournaments. Sorry man, but you just posted a huge and enormous bullshit to claim this is a very weak EuroBasket.

Last edited by Euroleague : 08-30-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #35
CavaliersFTW
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Diamantidis, Lojeski, Tomas, etc.

This isn't a very weak EuroBasket. That's complete bullshit. The rosters of most of the teams are very, very strong.

No way in ****ing hell is this a very weak EuroBasket. Other than Spain, Serbia, Great Britain, and Germany just about every team is stronger or as strong as they were in recent tournaments.
Why are you always so angry?
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #36
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Why are you always so angry?

I'm not angry I'm just calling out complete bullshit when I see it. This isn't a "very weak EuroBasket". Most of the teams are stronger than they were in the last few tournaments.

Unless he thinks just Navarro and Pau not playing makes it a weaker tournament, which is at the same level of an NBA only fan, which he despises.

Like 75% of the teams are better than they have been in recent tournaments or the same. It's a VERY deep tournament with 8-9 really good teams.

I'm not sure what the hell Fiba is thinking.

Last edited by Euroleague : 08-30-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #37
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Group B is the toughest IMO.

Italy is missing a lot of key players because of injury - Bargnani, Gallinari, Hackett, and Mancinelli. Additionally, there's the problem of Belinelli thinking he's Kobe and chucking every time he touches the ball when he suits up for the Azzuri. They have talent but I'm not sure they make it out of their group unless they start clicking.

Those previous Italian teams with Basile, Galanda, and Bulleri playe so much better as a team and actually performed to their potential.

Sweden has been unlucky though.

They could have had a starting line up that would look like this;

PG: Rudy Mbemba
SG: Taylor
SF: Jerebko
PF: Markota
C: Lampe

Rudy Mbemba was a basketball prodigy who definitely would be drafted in 2010 if the idiot wouldn't have pulled out of the draft thanks to the advice of his agent. He then fell of the charts big time and he ended up in Sweden and now he's not playing at all, he's taking time off basketball.

Markota was a swedish basketball product with Croatian origins and he left Sweden to play ball in Croatia and he obviously wanted to play for Croatia rather than for Sweden.

Lampe played for the same team as Markota in Sweden and he later chose Poland over Sweden. Sweden actually had an honest shot with Lampe but it didn't work out.

With an intelligent Mbemba, swedish Markota and Lampe and obviously Taylor and Jerebko Sweden would be a top team in Europe.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #38
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Sweden has been unlucky though.

They could have had a starting line up that would look like this;

PG: Rudy Mbemba
SG: Taylor
SF: Jerebko
PF: Markota
C: Lampe

Rudy Mbemba was a basketball prodigy who definitely would be drafted in 2010 if the idiot wouldn't have pulled out of the draft thanks to the advice of his agent. He then fell of the charts big time and he ended up in Sweden and now he's not playing at all, he's taking time off basketball.

Markota was a swedish basketball product with Croatian origins and he left Sweden to play ball in Croatia and he obviously wanted to play for Croatia rather than for Sweden.

Lampe played for the same team as Markota in Sweden and he later chose Poland over Sweden. Sweden actually had an honest shot with Lampe but it didn't work out.

With an intelligent Mbemba, swedish Markota and Lampe and obviously Taylor and Jerebko Sweden would be a top team in Europe.

The proposed team you talk about would not even be a top 12 team in Europe. Get serious.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #39
CavaliersFTW
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
The proposed team you talk about would not even be a top 12 team in Europe. Get serious.
Have you ever agreed with anyone about anything on ISH?
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #40
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:

I agreed when someone called you a moron.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #41
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

Lampe is better than any Greek big and Greece got no players better than Jerebko and Taylor.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #42
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Power rankings for discussion and for posters that don't know what they should expect from teams, but would like to get more familiar with expectations.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_P3Q3x...leMode_on.html
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #43
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Diamantidis, Lojeski, Tomas, etc. Ben Gordon? He never played for Great Britain so why would he be counted as an absence? You can't count Mirotic and Ibaka as an absence. Only one of them is eligible to play for Spain.

No way in ****ing hell is this a very weak EuroBasket. Other than Spain, Serbia, Great Britain, Russia, and Germany just about every team is stronger or as strong as they were in recent tournaments.

Vast majority of the teams are stronger than they were in recent tournaments. Sorry man, but you just posted a huge and enormous bullshit to claim this is a very weak EuroBasket.

I just copied this list from an some article from few weeks ago I didn't write it. Diamantidis stoped playing for NT few years ago so he doesn't count. Mirotic was offered to play after Ibak said no but he didn't want to so they both said no to Spain NT.

Spain is much weaker than before and I don't think they'll take the gold.
France is missing Noah, Turiaf, Gobert, Traore etc. so they don't have good C. Against Spain they were playing Lauvergne as a C but he is a pf and can't defend stronger Cs.
Lithuania had a lot better guard rotation las year because of Kaukenas and Jasikevicius and until JV shows he became great player I will consider them weaker than in 2011.
Serbia, Germany, GB, Russia are clearly weaker but so are Italy (no Galinari,Bargnani or Hackett) and Turkey (their best players are old now).
Macedonia also has an older team now and won't be good as in 2011.
Slovenia will also be worse because they won't have Lorbek who is their best player, same goes for Montenegro because they won't have Pekovic.

So tell me what countries are better than in 2011 ? Greece probably is but othere than that I don't see any othere team that is goging to be better than before ( and I'm not talking about instead of loosing all games you win 1 or 2) ?
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #44
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!

I predict the best PG in the world V-Span will put up the following numbers.

25-10-14

and win tournament MVP.

Did Anthony Parker ever get naturalized by any Euro country?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #45
CeltsGarlic
so sophisticated

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad

Hey hey hey, lets not get too far, alright? :)

markota is a fvcking shit of a player. Hate that guy, even tho he played for Zalgiris and Ive seen 50+ games of his. Dude sucks. Lampe is good.soft, but good. Not my fav player tho.

And even with those aditions, I wouldnt call them a top 10 team in europe. No way.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: