Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #61
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Default Re: Eurobasket 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Lampe is probably the best big man playing in Europe right now.
Markota doesn't suck in the Euro format, that is nonsense, he didn't even play a full season for Zalgiris so you can't possibly have seen 50 games of his. And he played for Zalgiris 5 years ago, when he was 22..

And with Jerebko, Taylor, prime Mbemba and Maraker they'd easily be a top 10 team in Europe.

Please just stop.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #62
millwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Put down the meth pipe.

Prove me wrong.

Taylor and Jerebko are by far better than anyone for the greek team.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #63
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
1. I watched some of their preparation games and I think that Llull and Rodrigez will have more minutes than Rubio.

Well, that might be true IF the coach is serious about winning. But the NBA marketing demands Rubio to play a lot. It means big money for Spanish basketball federation.

Certainly, Sergio Rodriguez is definitely better than Rubio is, but I don't know how much that will matter.

Also, Llull is not a real point guard and no serious coach would use him as one. He's a total SG. And Calderon is absolutely horrible on defense, while Rubio is good on defense, so i can see reasons for the minutes of Calderon to be limited.

Because both Llull and Rubio are good defenders at the guard positions.

No doubt though that Rodriguez is better than Rubio, but it seems like Spain was mainly playing with Calderon and Rubio together in the prep games, with Rubio oddly enough usually playing at SG.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #64
Grinder

Quote:
Sweden has been unlucky though.

They could have had a starting line up that would look like this;

PG: Rudy Mbemba
SG: Taylor
SF: Jerebko
PF: Markota
C: Lampe

Rudy Mbemba was a basketball prodigy who definitely would be drafted in 2010 if the idiot wouldn't have pulled out of the draft thanks to the advice of his agent. He then fell of the charts big time and he ended up in Sweden and now he's not playing at all, he's taking time off basketball.

Markota was a swedish basketball product with Croatian origins and he left Sweden to play ball in Croatia and he obviously wanted to play for Croatia rather than for Sweden.

Lampe played for the same team as Markota in Sweden and he later chose Poland over Sweden. Sweden actually had an honest shot with Lampe but it didn't work out.

With an intelligent Mbemba, swedish Markota and Lampe and obviously Taylor and Jerebko Sweden would be a top team in Europe.

Yeah, it's a shame that these guys were developed in Sweden and then represented someone else. Especially for a country like Sweden who could really use guys like that.

What in the world happened to Mbemba in the past few years? He was being hyped as the Euro Allen Iverson a few drafts ago.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #65
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Prove me wrong.

Taylor and Jerebko are by far better than anyone for the greek team.

First of all, Lampe is in no way in hell the best big man in Europe. I would say he might be the best pick and roll big man on offense.

I will give him that. But the best big man in Europe...uh no way in hell. He's absolutely horrifically bad on defense.

I honestly cannot think of another big man in Euroleague that is as bad at defense as he is. Lampe is maybe something in the top 5-10. No way is he anything near the best big man in Europe.

Jerebko and Taylor..........neither one of them could even make Greece's national team.

Neither one of them could make the Greek national team.

Last edited by Euroleague : 08-31-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #66
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Yeah, it's a shame that these guys were developed in Sweden and then represented someone else. Especially for a country like Sweden who could really use guys like that.

What in the world happened to Mbemba in the past few years? He was being hyped as the Euro Allen Iverson a few drafts ago.

I remember Mbemba played in the Greek League for awhile with a smaller club, and he eventually got cut. He simply didn't transfer his game to the senior level.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #67
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

millwad:

Big men in Euroleague that are better than Lampe...are,

In no order:

Kyle Hines
Nenad Krstic
Ioannis Bourousis
Ante Tomic
Stephane Lasme
Sasha Kaun

About the same level as Lampe,

Joey Dorsey
Mirza Begic
Semih Erden
Nate Jawai
Loukas Mavrokefalidis
Marcus Slaughter
Alexis Ajinca
Sofoklis Schortsanitis
Shawn James

Fran Vazquez used to be about the same level as Lampe, but he was awful last year.

I'm not sure about guys like John Bryant, Salah Mejri, Bryant Dunston and Cedric Simmons, because this will be their first year in Euroleague.

If you want to claim Lampe as a top 5-10 big then that is fine. But you are going way overboard in saying he's the best. Sorry, but no way in hell is he as good as guys like Kyle Hines, Ioannis Bourousis, Ante Tomic, and really not Krstic either, even though Krstic is also really bad at defense.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #68
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Serbia is weaker how? They sucked the last 2 years and now they actually play decently. They got better.

Spain is a lot weaker? How? They don't seem a lot weaker to me. They miss Navarro and Pau, but they are not much weaker. They actually are better on defense for example with those two gone, and they are better at running the floor also.

They miss from the offense in half court and the clutch ability of Navarro, but certainly they are not "much" weaker.

France is just the same as they were. Ajinca is a good center, much better than Turiaf, Gobert, or Traore. Noah is a miss for them, but then again he wasn't that good when he played for them. He's just a hustle and energy guy for the most part.

Plus they added some better outside shooting from the guard position, which they always severely lacked before. So there is no difference in the level of France.

Lithuania was not better last year. They are clearly better THIS year. And Jasikevicius and Kaukenas are washed up has beens. They can barely contribute anything, especially Kaukenas, who is an ex player. Jasikevicius only comes up now in certain situations.

Don't know what you are watching, but Lithuania looks better to me this year. Sure their point guard position sucks, as Kalnieits and Delininkaitis are not actually point guards, and are playing out of position, but the rest of their team is better than it was last year for the most part.

Their coach also fits their team better.

Italy? How is Italy worse when 2 of the 3 super ball hogs (Gallinari and Bargnani) won't play? If they just got rid of the third super ball hog (Belineli), they might actually win something. Bargnani and Belineli are 2 of the 3 worst FIBA players, along with Hedo, that there are.

Italy gets better by default without Bargnani and Galinari hogging the freaking hell out of the ball, chucking like crazy, and refusing to play any defense ever. If they just got rid of Belineli, they could actually be a decent time.

Macedonia is weaker? What? They are not weaker at all.

Slovenia is weaker? How is Slovenia weaker? They have plenty of good players and they play at home, which means an advantage, plus help from the refs. Lorbek factor is way overstated by you. He's a 50/50 proposition. One year he plays great, another year he plays terribly and does nothing but hurt his team. He's the most inconsistent player ever. He was absolutely terrible at the last tournament.

No way is Slovenia going to be weaker, when they play at home.

You start to sound like an NBA only fan. You are just listing a bunch of names and doing no analysis whatsoever.

Perfect example is Serbia. I don't care for all those players they are missing, in terms of evaluating how they are playing. The bottom line is they are playing better than they did the last 2 years (especially last year) with those other players.

Did you watch Serbia last year? They were atrociously bad. They look much better right now, regardless of whatever players are on the team, they are actually playing as a team on offense and defense, and following what Ivkovic wants.

That alone is an improvement. And some of those guys you list as an absence for them played bad usually for the national team. I mean what has Erceg ever done?

Also, Greece isn't stronger. They just actually got a preparation period. Last year Greece had ZERO days of preparation before the tournament started, and the coach and several players of the team did not even have a day off from their club teams. They actually had guys flying from Italian league and Turkish league and going straight to Venezuela.

They also miss Reyes. So they miss their 2 best players and also 2 best pfs ( Reys, Ibaka/Mirotic ), how aren't they much weaker ?

Noah is their best defensive big man, Ajinca isn't strong enough to defend stronger Cs.

Macedonia is weaker, Bo had a lot worse seasone that he did in 2011 and othere players are older so this is their last chance to do something because after this year it will be Bo and buch of scrubs.

Slovenia is clearly weaker without Lorbek and playing at home doesn't make there team better than last year.

Jasikevicius and Kaukenas were still very good in 2011 and were important for them.

Serbia in 2011 was good but Tepic (who was playing very good at the moment and I hoped he finnaly show that he is one of most talented guards in Europe) and Rasic got injured so they didn't play since quarterfinals and Teodosic has been playing injured the whole turnament so our guard rotation from Teodosic,Martkovic,Rasic,Tepic and Paunic who was a bench warmer went to Teodosic,Markovic and Paunic.

Last year we played even better in preparation than in this year but players didn't take qualifications seriously. This year we have no pf (Bjelica was projected to be our first sf), our only sf is Kalinic (who only played in Serbian first league) since Lucic has back problems, we mght not have Teodosic, since Micov didn't want to play our sg rotation is Nedovic, Bogdanovic and Andjusic and only Nedovic had bigger role in his team ( Bogdanovic and Andjusic were both subtitutes for Milosavljevic who Duda for some reason didn't want to call even if he was best player in Partizan last season and only turned 24 2 or 3 months ago)
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #69
duskovujosevic
Asphalt GODS

Euroleague is c0ck sucking troll. He is V-Span's bitch.
duskovujosevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #70
pegasus
€uroInU$A

Is Kanter not playing for Turkey? What is he doing, working on his "David" body again? And why is Hedo a former NBA player? I hope he comes to play to prove a point in this tournament.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #71
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
They also miss Reyes. So they miss their 2 best players and also 2 best pfs ( Reys, Ibaka/Mirotic ), how aren't they much weaker ?

Noah is their best defensive big man, Ajinca isn't strong enough to defend stronger Cs.

Macedonia is weaker, Bo had a lot worse seasone that he did in 2011 and othere players are older so this is their last chance to do something because after this year it will be Bo and buch of scrubs.

Slovenia is clearly weaker without Lorbek and playing at home doesn't make there team better than last year.

Jasikevicius and Kaukenas were still very good in 2011 and were important for them.

Serbia in 2011 was good but Tepic (who was playing very good at the moment and I hoped he finnaly show that he is one of most talented guards in Europe) and Rasic got injured so they didn't play since quarterfinals and Teodosic has been playing injured the whole turnament so our guard rotation from Teodosic,Martkovic,Rasic,Tepic and Paunic who was a bench warmer went to Teodosic,Markovic and Paunic.

Last year we played even better in preparation than in this year but players didn't take qualifications seriously. This year we have no pf (Bjelica was projected to be our first sf), our only sf is Kalinic (who only played in Serbian first league) since Lucic has back problems, we mght not have Teodosic, since Micov didn't want to play our sg rotation is Nedovic, Bogdanovic and Andjusic and only Nedovic had bigger role in his team ( Bogdanovic and Andjusic were both subtitutes for Milosavljevic who Duda for some reason didn't want to call even if he was best player in Partizan last season and only turned 24 2 or 3 months ago)

Just agree to disagree. I and a couple other guys here agreed the tournament is stronger overall.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #72
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
Is Kanter not playing for Turkey? What is he doing, working on his "David" body again? And why is Hedo a former NBA player? I hope he comes to play to prove a point in this tournament.

Hedo is by far and away the worst player on Turkey's national team.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #73
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Quote:
Just agree to disagree. I and a couple other guys here agreed the tournament is stronger overall.

It's close to last one, probably slightly stronger overall. But there is no way Macedonia got better.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #74
millwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

I really hope Mbemba fired his agent, he was in the mock draft but he pulled out and it was pretty obvious that he would have been drafted the year he pulled out. He later said that he was sure 90% sure that he'd get drafted in the top 15 in 2008 but injuries and bad choices ruined it.

He finally ended up in Sweden in Sweden again to be with his family but he got injured again and now he's not playing at all.

The biggest jackass ever, he had a great basketball body and at least being drafted would have boosted his career big time.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #75
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Quote:
Hedo is by far and away the worst player on Turkey's national team.
Remember when the internet was saying he was the MJ of Europe?
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: