Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #751
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eurobasket 2013 Discussion

I am sorry, but the mods here are obviously very biased that they don't give this guy a timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
FIBA will have the Americas in absolute outrage if they don't give wild cards to the teams that finished 4th and 5th in last years Olympics and are ranked #3 and # 9 in the World.

Result of last 10 World Champions & Olympics (with NBA players participating) when teams from the different zones compete against each other:

Teams from Americas -8 gold medals (92,94,96,2000,2004,2008,2010,2012)
Teams from Europe - 2 gold medals (2002, 2006)

Americas zone - zone of champions
European zone - minor league, POS, joke zone

Quote:
You are the biggest psychotic poster ever. It is probably from watching Spanoulis and Greece embarrassing themselves on the world stage over and over. Spanoulis is such an nonathletic scrub he is injured again. It is easy to compete in Euroleague where he is playing against D-league level players. But when he has to play in FIBA tournaments against the best players in the world his body just can't handle it. Or maybe he took my advice and his faking his injury so he won't embarrass himself and his family against like last year getting eliminated by Nigeria or 2010 where he finished 11th place.

Quote:
Pedigree meaning the only FIBA team, including even the USA, to finish top 5 in the last 6 global tournaments. Something Greece can only dream of.

And say whatever you want about the Americas tournament it is worlds higher than that low level Eurobasket where the winner of Eurobasket already knows the best they can hope for is a silver medal when going into a global tournament. The award for Eurobasket champion might as well be silver medal because we all know that European teams can never win gold when they have to compete against the American teams.

Quote:
Sort of how like the 2007 Eurobasket champions, Russia, could not even make it out of group stage in the Olympics?

I mean Macedonia was 4th place in the last Eurobasket. The same Macedonia that got their ass kicked by DR.

Quote:
If the FIBA Americas tournament is a joke tournament what does that make Eurobasket? A mother of all jokes tournament? Ukraine, Slovenia, Greece and Italy undefeated in Eurobasket! lol They would be lucky to win one game in the 2nd round of the Americas tournament.
Argentina, DR and Mexico would be undefeated in Eurobasket. Unfortunately they have to compete in the much more competitive Americas tournament. They should really give 5 spots to Americas and 5 spots to Europe instead of 4 and 6 as it is now.
As it is we have these European teams like Ukraine, Slovenia Greece in Italy that might be top 6 in EuroBasket but no way in hell will get top 4 in Americas. But whatever. But I guess the more European teams in the WC the more patsies for the American teams to beat up on like in last years Olympics and Olympics qualifiers (that's if they're not eliminated by the African teams first).

That's just from this guys like last 10 posts or so..........

There should be some kind of limitation on much trolling he can be allowed to do in this site, and he passed that limit by a country mile and then some.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-08-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #752
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andz
What is this Rooster dude even trying to say?

I don't know, but he's clearly mentally handicapped. I really don't see why such outlandish trolling is tolerated here by the mods over and over, where the guy is obviously just trying to derail the thread.

It's obvious that Rooster and gabepizza are simply trying to get the thread derailed and then closed.

It's really pathetic that they can't even stay out of the thread. One sticky thread in the whole forum about EuroBasket and yet here they are trolling as hard as they possibly can in it.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #753
gabepizza
Local High School Star

gabepizza has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
I don't know, but he's clearly mentally handicapped. I really don't see why such outlandish trolling is tolerated here by the mods over and over, where the guy is obviously just trying to derail the thread.

It's obvious that Rooster and gabepizza are simply trying to get the thread derailed and then closed.

It's really pathetic that they can't even stay out of the thread. One sticky thread in the whole forum about EuroBasket and yet here they are trolling as hard as they possibly can in it.

Now ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. If you really want us to stop trolling than you stop trolling yourself. As long as you continue to troll we will be right here trolling you back. Poetic justice eh?
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #754
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Now ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. If you really want us to stop trolling than you stop trolling yourself. As long as you continue to troll we will be right here trolling you back. Poetic justice eh?

Seek professional help.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #755
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jan Vesely's breakout tournament -

19 ppg/11 rpg/1 apg/2 spg/1 bpg on 63% from the field

Wizards needs to sign Tomas Satoransky (they own the draft rights) and play these guys as their 6th and 7th men.

BTW guys, I think the Rockets have Papanikolaou's NBA rights.

Top 5 scorers - McCalebb, Taylor, Vesely, Shved, Bogdanovic
Top 5 rebounders - Vesely, Pleiß, Hervelle, Antic, Gasol
Top 5 assists - Schaffartzik, Dragic, Tsintsadze, Zisis, Kalnietis
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #756
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

Wizards needs to sign Tomas Satoransky (they own the draft rights) and play these guys as their 6th and 7th men.

There is not a chance in hell that he would ever play for the Rockets. Spanoulis is his personal mentor and they are very close friends.

He won't ever play in the NBA as long as the Rockets have his rights.

And it's stupid to talk about players playing in teams like Barca and making enormous salaries and that have huge buyouts even being interested in the NBA.

An NBA team would have to pay him a hell of a lot of money, for him to even consider it.

Guys playing in big European clubs and making big money are almost never interested in the NBA. That's just a fact.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #757
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stop fukcing discussing trivial stuff, if you want to do that at least do it in the international forum where nobody will read that. Dear God

Few points:
- Belinneli knows his role on this italian squad, that's way things are going well for know for Pianigiani. He's not playing like a "star", creates and set others to shoot... really good performances for know.
- Zisis and Bourousis playing well also while Spanoulis is down.
- Bogdanovic is carrying Croatia, bright future ahead depending on his choices.
- The other Bodganovic (Serbia) his showcasing his potential, he has that killer instinct in him, i can see. Also Nedovic is showing good stuff.
- Turkey, Israel and Russia are the desilusions for me even with the setbacks.
- I'm really enjoying Ukraine, Georgia and Latvia.. Up tempo game, nice to watch.
- Feel kind of sad for GB and Germany, the played well and other players stepped up but they need some stars.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #758
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Stop fukcing discussing trivial stuff, if you want to do that at least do it in the international forum where nobody will read that. Dear God

Few points:
- Belinneli knows his role on this italian squad, that's way things are going well for know for Pianigiani. He's not playing like a "star", creates and set others to shoot... really good performances for know.
- The other Bodganovic (Serbia) his showcasing his potential, he has that killer instinct in him, i can see. Also Nedovic is showing good stuff.
- I'm really enjoying Ukraine, Georgia and Latvia.. Up tempo game, nice to watch.
- Feel kind of sad for GB and Germany, the played well and other players stepped up but they need some stars.

Belineli is playing very good, but his shot selection is still absolutely horrific. He is on a hot shooting streak. What happens when the shots stop falling?

He is still taking a hell of a lot of ridiculously bad shots, and I am sure that will have a big consequence soon enough.

He seems to finally have learned to pass the ball and to play hard and to play defense though. 3 things he never ever did before. Maybe that is from playing with the Bulls, he had to do that, or maybe Pianigini told him he does that or he's out.

But he is still showing an absurd shot selection. He is capable of making the shots and he's hot right now. But as soon as he starts missing those shots, it will be a huge problem for his team.

Because all those 7 meter plus heat checks with 20 seconds on the shot clock type shots falling away, etc...............that is huge killer for a team when you miss them.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-08-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #759
andz
I brick open layups

andz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Vesely is a joy to watch in this tourney

from today's game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d82VeCTtv2Y

Last edited by andz : 09-08-2013 at 07:51 PM.
andz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #760
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

They are saying now that Spanoulis might try to play against Finland in the next game. He was supposed to stay out another week, or until the quarterfinals, but will try to come back now after the loss to Italy.

Because the last 2 games count for the next phase, so Greece can't lose to Finland and go 0-2 and realistically expect to make the quarterfinals.

I am not sure if this is smart. First, how effective will he be playing when he is still hurt, and second, this way he can re-injure the ankle and lose the whole rest of the tournament.

Greece surely can beat Finland without any problem without him..........this seems very overly risky for Spanoulis to do this. If he comes back to early and he hurts his ankle again, he might cost Greece a chance at a gold medal.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-08-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #761
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
What is this Rooster dude even trying to say?

welll, to summarize all of his poems...NBA >>> Euroleague basically
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #762
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

from today's game

Vesely look so pumped playing outside the NBA, the way he celebrates his dunks and stuff like that made me remind of his Partizan's days.
When he's playing with the Wizards he is just not adjusted playing that PF spot.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #763
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

from today's game

One of the main reasons I've been tuning into Czech games. I'm rooting for them against Croatia. They have a nice balance of talented young players (Satoransky, Jelinek, Vesely, and Balvin), seasoned Euroleague veterans (Barton, Welsch, etc.), and decent role players in strong leagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1

Few points:

In previous years, Marco would play really selfishly with the national team, almost like he was competing with Bargnani for "top dog" status and it would hurt the team. This year, he's playing with a lot more confidence and even defending well. This new generation of Italian players is exciting to watch. Imagine how much better this team would be with Hackett, Gallinari, and Mancinelli. I think the one big weakness on their team is a big, strong defensive minded center.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #764
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputation

Quote:

MVP

We will hopefully win tomorrow...
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #765
Miller for 3
Local High School Star

Miller for 3 has a very bad reputationMiller for 3 has a very bad reputationMiller for 3 has a very bad reputationMiller for 3 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
One of the main reasons I've been tuning into Czech games. I'm rooting for them against Croatia. They have a nice balance of talented young players (Satoransky, Jelinek, Vesely, and Balvin), seasoned Euroleague veterans (Barton, Welsch, etc.), and decent role players in strong leagues.

In previous years, Marco would play really selfishly with the national team, almost like he was competing with Bargnani for "top dog" status and it would hurt the team. This year, he's playing with a lot more confidence and even defending well. This new generation of Italian players is exciting to watch. Imagine how much better this team would be with Hackett, Gallinari, and Mancinelli. I think the one big weakness on their team is a big, strong defensive minded center.

That's where Bargs fits in
Miller for 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: