Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Default 4th Annual ISH Money League - DRAFT RESULTS - comments are appreciated

... (will make a few comments tomorrow)

who got the best steals & sleepers? biggest busts?... who had the best and worst draft? etc. etc. etc.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League - DRAFT RESULTS - comments are appreciated

This 13 second video explains my my 6th round pick.

^click here^
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League - DRAFT RESULTS - comments are appreciated

Can someone explain the waiver wire again for me?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Can someone explain the waiver wire again for me?

It is basically a blind auction. Everyone gets a budget for the year and bids on players on the waiver wire. Every week there will be a deadline of when to submit bids. You won't know the bids of the other owners and whoever has the highest bid wins the player. Anyone who makes it through waivers into FA can be picked up for free.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Best Draft - TBD, JB's, Natalie, GOBB, RBA....and the first 5 rounds of prime times.

Worst Draft - Silent Killer

1st round best value - lesean mccoy
worst value - Forte

2nd round best value - aaron rodgers
worst value - AJ Green

3rd round best value - Drew Brees
worst value - Bowe

4th round best value - Amendola
worst value - darren sproles

5th round best value - Peyton Manning
worst value - james jones

6th round best value - Stafford
worst value - chris ivory

7th best value - TY Hilton
worst value - ahmad bradshaw

8th best value - Britt
worst value - hillman
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

I liked my draft and my team.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Prime time, did you go in planning to take a RB so late? Or did it just kinda happen? I've never seen someone take their 1st RB round 6.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I didn't like my draft that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
It is basically a blind auction. Everyone gets a budget for the year and bids on players on the waiver wire. Every week there will be a deadline of when to submit bids. You won't know the bids of the other owners and whoever has the highest bid wins the player. Anyone who makes it through waivers into FA can be picked up for free.

Ok cool. Thanks
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
SCY
Put yr guns up

Also you can bid $0.

Not sure how Sproles is a bad value as it's .5 ppr. Finished 16th at RB last year in our scoring in 13 games and had a better PPG average than Forte, Gore, Chris Johnson & Ridley.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #10
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Prime time, did you go in planning to take a RB so late? Or did it just kinda happen? I've never seen someone take their 1st RB round 6.
I made a 125 player 'big board" and loaded it onto yahoo...

based around this site:

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/ranki...heatsheets.php

^^^ that is the Rotten Tomatoes or FF...they take rankings from all the major sites on the internet and create an average.

.5 PPR naturally puts a bit more emphasis on WRs and the people in this league have it in their head that RBs are what is needed to win the WRs "fall" easier.

Last year I won with Shonn Greene and Spiller (who was injured half the year) as my starting RBs...My team was carried by Brees, Dez who caught fire, and Vincent Jackson.

This year I have 3 WR1s

-Calvin
-Andre
-Wayne

all pretty much locks for 1,500+ yards...and honestly I think Calvin not seeing the endzone last year was a bit of a fluke...I think he is going to have another record type year this year.

on top of that I have Rodgers who will get me 30 points a game with their crap defense...although I had him and Brees rated pretty much equal, so I would have waited had I known that Brees would drop that far.

People in this league underrate QBs drastically...and EVERY SINGLE YEAR you hear the "QB is so deep this year!"...no it isn't...there are 4 "lock" elites and the rest are risk/reward types

The difference last year between Rodgers and Big Ben? 352 points to 231 points...that is 121 points...which is almost 10 points a game. That is absolutely HUGE. Just choose Ben because he was one of the last QBs taken in our league.

I'll post my big board later...(it's kind of funny how I ranked some NFCE players)
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

RBs are easily the most risky picks too as they are much more injury prone by nature...QBs and WRs are much safer, more security.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

2 years ago when I won I had R Bush/Sproles, 2 great years but definitely not 1st rounders. And Drew Brees who was magical. So I can see your point.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Yeah, snagging a QB early is definitely the "low risk" strategy and dramatically improves your chances of at least making the playoffs. I usually make it a priority to grab a top 5 QB because they will get you 20 points a week. In a standard scoring league, the goal is to get around 100 points a week and if you grab an elite QB you are already 1/5 of the way there.

I do wish we would switch over to an auction drafting system for this league tho. We can talk draft strategy all we want but strategy in a snake league in nothing compared to auction.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

It is nuts how underrated QBs are in some FF leagues...the NFL is a QB league now, it is every team's highest scoring position, and yet people feel that they can wait on this.

Drew Brees was the highest scoring player PERIOD last year...and I am sure top-5 the year before that, he is a LOCK for being a top-5 scorer overall this year if healthy as that defense still sucks and all they do is air the ball 24/7...yet he fell to the 3rd in here, it's crazy

I drafted my players based around who I feel was going to score the most points...it really doesn't matter what position those points come from...I took Wayne where I did for the simple fact that I didn't see a RB that I thought would score as much as him...same with Witten after that...Witten has put up big numbers for the past decade, he is a lock in my eyes for good points and there were no RBs that equaled him at that pick IMO.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #15
DuMa
Canned

Maybe i read it all too fast but did no one draft Frank Gore?
DuMa is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: