Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 09-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default A fine season for Mavericks would be 45 wins and 7th seed

Columnist Tim Cowlishaw is held a chat on Thursday. Here are some highlights.
Any substantial hope that the Mavs can do some damage/develop like 2010/11?

Answer: I think they can be better. I think they can be a playoff team, maybe a 7 seed if all goes well. But you were asking about a 2011 run (as in title) with Dirk and Vince and Marion and Monta. Good luck with that. Be happy with 45 wins and a 7th seed, that would be a fine season.

No room for dreaming that they gel perfectly and that (for example) an into a team player developped Ellis could open up the court for everyone else (e.g. distance shooters like Jose / Dirk)? Or do you think that they are definitely just too weak on D?

Answer: I think it's mostly the latter. Even if things go very well on offense, they can't guard anyone. But get back to that offense. I'm constantly hearing from those who defend the Mavs' off-season that Ellis an upgrade over Mayo. In what way? Put their stats side by side the last four years. Field goal percentage -- about the same, slight edge to Mayo of late. 3-point percentage -- Huge edge to Mayo. So what is it they love about Monta? His steals?

-- SportsDayDFW
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: