Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #556
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS
 
branslowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Drug Lord, Florida
Posts: 11,159
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Anyone have link for tonights game? Not gonna be infront of the TV tonight..."work" related.
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #557
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted
 
bigkingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship*
Posts: 12,049
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Hoping to see a sloppy game with a lot of injuries.

: Looks like the pass was on the line of scrimmage, not backwards, but will be hard to overturn.

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 09-09-2013 at 08:18 PM.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #558
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,360
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

As a University of Oregon alum who has watched at least 80% of the Chip Kelly-led Ducks games..... its crazy to see his style in the NFL, and believe me this is his game to a tee.

Philly has, in one drive, become a Top-5 must-see team.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #559
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,594
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

have to overturn that one.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #560
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,360
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
have to overturn that one.

But is there enough inconclusive evidence???e
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #561
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,758
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I do want to remove the RESULT of the game...the "W/L" should not be in the equation. The way the QB's preformed during the game is all that matters when trying to rank skill set, not the outcome of the game. The outcome of the game is the result of the 53 MAN TEAM + COACHES.

I have Montana as the GOAT not because of his 4 rings, but because he was damn flawless when playing to obtain them

I am also a bit indifferent to the importance of the game due to the fact that in the NFL EVERY game is very important.

Peyton threw away a Super Bowl on an INT...it doesn't get any bigger than that, yet I don't hear too many people mention it when he gets compared to others...

That's absolutely false, it's always brought up that Peyton cracks in the playoffs. It's why he won't ever be the GOAT. After the 7 TD performance actually one of the things talked about was "even if Denver makes the playoffs can they be counted on not to underachive". Saying Peyton doesn't get shit for that is just false.

Note: Every game is not the same level of importance. You have time to catch up from a week 1 loss. Playoff games are more important because you have less chances in them. Games to clinch the playoffs the same. And yesterday, that was a bad loss for my Giants because nto only was it a divisional game, but a game vs. what i think is our main rival.

This isn't math, every game doesn't have the same level of importance.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #562
Jameerthefear
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gone
Posts: 32,578
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Oh wow. Thought that would be overturned
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #563
irondarts
.
 
irondarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

What a fvcking weird play. Impossible to overturn because it's just not clear enough. Eagles got screwed there.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #564
ihoopallday
King James
 
ihoopallday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,754
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Wow. I saw that exact same pass yesterday during the 49rs game and it was incomplete. Eagles got screwed.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #565
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar
 
TheSilentKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,594
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
But is there enough inconclusive evidence???e
Guess not. Dumbass play regardless.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #566
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,360
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Jackson has the potential to be a fantasy football BEHEMOTH this year in the new system
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #567
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star
 
PHX_Phan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,487
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Thought that would have been overturned. How can you say there wasn't enough evidence? You can see on the yard markers it didn't go backwards
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #568
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,360
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Guess not. Dumbass play regardless.

Bad pass, bad route, bad decision.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #569
Jameerthefear
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gone
Posts: 32,578
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
Anyone have link for tonights game? Not gonna be infront of the TV tonight..."work" related.
http://popstreams.eu/stream2.html
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #570
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,515
Default Re: 2013 Season NFL Week 1 Game Discussion Thread.

Vick's been off on what I'd think are easy passes for an NFL QB. I know accuracy isn't Vick's strong suit, but still.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy