Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #76
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Weekly Gambling Spreads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
Of course its a big part of the reason I'm so successful every season. My expert NFL knowledge + objective computer program = $$$

Are you a statistician or something? I remember reading about Bob Voulgaris and his computer system for the NBA and it is insanely complex. He basically just paid an MIT style dude to work with him and write the code for him.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #77
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Cincy money line looking juicy at -320 vs. Buffalo.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #78
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Not a bad week. Well over .500 ATS and hit on both my money bets.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #79
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dallas is actually a -2.5 underdog going into Philly next Sunday

I feel like that is way off...yeah Foles had a big game...AGAINST THE BUCS...it's a mirage

Murray and Ware being absent is a really big deal...but I still see Romo eating that weak secondary up completely
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #80
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

blahhh... bookmarking to post starting Thurs.

Last edited by statman32 : 10-15-2013 at 11:45 PM.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #81
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Rough week again. I love the Pitt moneyline this week, should get me back on track.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #82
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Dallas is actually a -2.5 underdog going into Philly next Sunday

I feel like that is way off...yeah Foles had a big game...AGAINST THE BUCS...it's a mirage

Murray and Ware being absent is a really big deal...but I still see Romo eating that weak secondary up completely
Old 10-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #83
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Why are we only a 3 point favorite vs the Texans who are without Cushing, probably without both of their RB's and starting a backup QB....and Andre is banged up.

AND we have 10 percent less juice on our side of the line.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #84
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

If you bet all the money lines this year placing ten dollars on each game:

Favorites - Profit 58.75 (a 5.875 percent return on investment)

Underdogs - Lose 191

Home Dogs - Lose 31.75

Pretty interesting.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #85
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
If you bet all the money lines this year placing ten dollars on each game:

Favorites - Profit 58.75 (a 5.875 percent return on investment)

Underdogs - Lose 191

Home Dogs - Lose 31.75

Pretty interesting.

this info would be good to have for every year...5% return over a few months is good, if that is the norm for every year though you would think many would be exploiting it.

I have always suspected that if you bet an even amount for every UNDERDOG on just GAME ONE that you will average a profit every year, because the first game of the season is always the hardest to predict, so taking the side with the higher pay out would go in your favor.

I've never bothered to do research on that theory though
Old 11-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #86
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

It's almost the complete opposite for the NBA.

Favorites - lose 66 dollars

All Underdogs - 104 dollars (10.4 percent return on investment)

All Home Dogs - 180 dollars (18 percent return on investment)
Old 11-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #87
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Dallas is actually a 2.5 underdog to the Giants and that spread is VERY skewed

it is overblown because NY has won 4 straight and Dallas go blown out to the Saints...BUT IT'S THE FCKIN SAINTS...Brees does that

let's look at the QBs the Giants have faced on their current win streak:

1. Vikings - Josh Freeman, who had the worst game I have ever witnessed from a QB

2. Eagles - Matt Barkley, yeah...Matt fckin Barkley

3. Raiders - Terrelle Pryor, who has now been benched

4. Packers - Scott Tolzien, who was on the practice squad 2 weeks ago

it's another mirage...Cowboys did just lose Sean Lee, but they should still be favorites here...you should advantage of this spread, it is pretty badly skewed
Old 11-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #88
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Dallas is actually a 2.5 underdog to the Giants and that spread is VERY skewed

it is overblown because NY has won 4 straight and Dallas go blown out to the Saints...BUT IT'S THE FCKIN SAINTS...Brees does that

let's look at the QBs the Giants have faced on their current win streak:

1. Vikings - Josh Freeman, who had the worst game I have ever witnessed from a QB

2. Eagles - Matt Barkley, yeah...Matt fckin Barkley

3. Raiders - Terrelle Pryor, who has now been benched

4. Packers - Scott Tolzien, who was on the practice squad 2 weeks ago

it's another mirage...Cowboys did just lose Sean Lee, but they should still be favorites here...you should advantage of this spread, it is pretty badly skewed

It's essentially Dallas as a slight favorite -1/2 with the Giants getting the three home field points. Vegas doesn't look at the Cowboys and say "i must pick the cowboys" when they make spreads like you do.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #89
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Who do you guys like this week?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #90
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It's essentially Dallas as a slight favorite -1/2 with the Giants getting the three home field points. Vegas doesn't look at the Cowboys and say "i must pick the cowboys" when they make spreads like you do.
The spread is created by the gamblers..."Vegas" just adjusts the spread to try to get 50/50 split of the money on both sides of the bet.

Essentially, the "spread" is just what the general public thinks, and is created by the gamblers

I was correct when I said the exact same thing about the Philly game, and I will be correct here as well...but of course you just think it is me being a "homer" and not a case of me just knowing both teams very well.

would you like to avy bet on this game Niko?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: