Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
MP.Trey
Kyrieeee & L-Traaaaiin

MP.Trey has an incredible reputation hereMP.Trey has an incredible reputation hereMP.Trey has an incredible reputation hereMP.Trey has an incredible reputation hereMP.Trey has an incredible reputation hereMP.Trey has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Suns release Michael Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
What a massive bust. This guy was supposed to be a sure thing... Solid starting SF worst case scenario.
I was actually campaigning for him over Rose back on draft day.

What a beast he was at KSU tho.
MP.Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like how Jeff edited the OP's post and promoted his own front page link.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Beasley in Lakers' uniform, but I do think he's a bust. He was so hyped coming out of school, but he ended up not being much more than a mediocre SF.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #18
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
Never had it between the ears to make it as a professional. Incredibly immature off the court. And on the court, he's just as much of a mess. He's proven to be fully incapable of playing system offense , and he's a terrible defender as well.

His next stop will be overseas.

Thank god the Heat were able to Get LBJ/Bosh, or this pick would've haunted me for years.

Same - I never feel bad about the pick because the way I look at it, if we took someone else the Big 3 might have never came to fruition (I'm a firm believer in the butterfly effect, and if we need got Beasley things might have turned out much differently. Maybe we sign Marion to an extension in 08 or trade for Boozer. Who knows.

If we didn't get the Big 3, I still wouldn't feel toooo bad, because it was the right pick at the time and the only other realistic possibility was Mayo, who Riley wanted, and he's just as much of a bust as Beasley is. Nobody would have taken Westbrook or Love at #2. Brook Lopez was honestly the only guy who was mocked some places at #2 outside of Mayo/Beasley/Rose.

Do you remember for one month in 08-09, at the end of the season, he just went on a tear? He was an absolute monster, totally unguardable. It's sad that he never panned out.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

I was rooting for Alvin Gentry to turn this guy into an all star. Wasn't in the cards. I wonder what buyout Beas took?
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #20
3peated
Good High School Starter

3peated has an OK reputation so far

i hope lakers sign him and whip him into shape
3peated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #21
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

Sixers should get him

Revenge of the #2 picks
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #22
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

So grateful the Bulls took Rose and not Beasley that day..
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
Chuckbrook
Chuckle Chuckbrook

Chuckbrook is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'm not sure how true this is, but apparently Kevin Durant would love to share the court with his childhood friend.

That would be very interesting.
Chuckbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #24
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

He can come to the Hawks.
We can use a crazy dude since we lost DeShawn Stevenson and Ivan Johnson.
We can use a little drama as well.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #25
SmackOrH.A.K
Good High School Starter

SmackOrH.A.K has decent reputationSmackOrH.A.K has decent reputation

he'd be a great 6th man with the rockets!
SmackOrH.A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #26
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackOrH.A.K

How's the rockets bench looking?
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #27
nathanjizzle
Banned

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

come to the bulls, rose and thibs will ship him into shape.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #28
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackOrH.A.K

Unfortunately he is a great 'nothing' in terms of the NBA.
Any team that signs him is a desperate team willing to risk team morale and their brand in the hope he score 15 points a game coupled with bad D.

Underrated trade:
"The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced the team has acquired 6-9 forward Michael Beasley from the Miami Heat in exchange for the Wolves’ second-round picks in the 2011 and 2014 NBA Drafts and cash considerations.
"
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #29
nathanjizzle
Banned

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Unfortunately he is a great 'nothing' in terms of the NBA.
Any team that signs him is a desperate team willing to risk team morale and their brand in the hope he score 15 points a game coupled with bad D.

Underrated trade:
"The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced the team has acquired 6-9 forward Michael Beasley from the Miami Heat in exchange for the Wolves’ second-round picks in the 2011 and 2014 NBA Drafts and cash considerations.
"

hes just immature. he needs a team with role models and authoritative structure. when he was in Minnesota he talked about winning championships, i believe he has it in him he just needs to shed his immaturity. joining a team like the bulls, with rose who is his colleague and has had the success he wished he had would listen to rose. and thibs who is that type of coach that wouldnt take shit from beasley and make him the player that he should be under a real system.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #30
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
hes just immature.

False, he is a drug addict. And that is just the symptom of other problems that he needs to sort out.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: